JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

do u watch what u Pick?

We all know football sunday there's lots of action going. Lots of people have their parlay cards going, LOTS of straight plays, and a few people discipline enough to play just a selected few games but with a large amount on it.....but how many out there are actually WATCHING the game on the tube or at the game itself? I guess I'll know soon enough with the amount of replies (or lack of it)

yes or no?

I cant watch for the most part. For some reason i think it will jinx my plays. MNF i will though cause i know whether im up or down and u dont have that flicker going on every channel sifting thru all the scores and games...not to mention the emotional rollercoaster. Im trying to not keep track on the net but i find myself flicking away at the mouse for all the scores in football and baseball. Just felt like it today. 30 more minutes and i need to get away from it all.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

watch the tv games I get and the ticker.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I try not to watch so I don't break something when something bad happens or when something good happens...however, I almost always end up watching anyway.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Mostly not.

threesixmafia
    threesixmafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i watch every game every second. have to much riding to just do something else while it's playing.

shouldn't have today though. the bengals made me say and do some pretty stupid things today....

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't watch most of the time...if a game starts going my way right away then I can...but most of the time I go to ESPN on the internet...I find it hard to watch games I have a lot of money on...

JAHgger4noz

2 yes, 4 no's
    I had it the other way around, with more yes
    I'm like WestsidePete, i'll glance and if it goes my way, i can tune in. But this is bad cause most of the scores switch hands or there's this rally and they come close...I need a 7+ run lead in baseball, or 2 TDS in football to comfortably watch any of my games on the tube
    ...and we know that rarely happens.
    I spend enough time doing homework on these games, to sit thru another 3 hours of sports drama becomes too much. Dont know how u guys do it though, those who watch it and still keep your sanity.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watch everything available through direct tv 24/7 and never have a day off . I never have enough cigs or sunflower seeds . The games are killin me as I neeeeeeeed a vacation and for there to be one day I dont have to worry about who will win a sports game ................. I do cross sport parlays alot and it has not been going right , I need too many friggin things to go my way . I need to do single wagers and stop trying to make so much $ in one day . ughhhhhhh

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love to watch

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I watch. I'm a huge fan of the NFL. Betting on the games adds an extra dimension to my enthusiasm.

When I was more of a degenerate gambler, I'd bet on anything, including stuff I had no interest or knew nothing about. I bet everything from MLB, NHL, WNBA, PGA, European soccer, even American Idol. I never watched any of that crap. I'd just check my bets from the previous day as I was making my next bets. Obviously I didn't do any of my own handicapping for these bets either.

So the real answer to the question "Do you watch?" is "It depends.".

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol on american idol . thats sick !!!!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell yeah I watch. It would be a waste not to paying all that money for Sunday Ticket and Superfan.

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

watch every game i can

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I do the best I can to watch every game I bet on.

JAHgger4noz

Jeeez, what a turn around

8 yes, 4 no's

I wonder how many get weekly check-ups at your doctors

Much easier to watch when the final score is over.

Ooooo u watch slacker, there is no "depends" with u (Just Kidding)
    Last edited by JAHgger4noz; 09-18-07 at 02:38 AM.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I watch although it's not good for my heart. For one, I have to express an interest in the game other than having money on it, as my wife doesn't know I bet. So if I am yelling at the tv over the Purdue/Cent Michigan game, she'll get a little suspicious. Second, it makes me too nervous. I'd rather find out what happened later. I do watch games I don't have a bet on and often find a good second half pick. If you are making second half bets without watching the first half, you are playing with fire...