jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on Monday night?

I'am going to be staying away from this one but everyone is saying philly but the redskins +7 is looking pretty appealing. The eagles looked weak against green bay last week and the redskins coming off a win and played pretty good against the fins. Also you can't count out Clinton Portis and Santana Moss. Thoughts?

jrcaces
    jrcaces's Avatar Become A Pro!

and pro bowl cornerback Lito Sheppard is out for the eagles.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i think philly looked bad against the most underrated defense in football..then again skins defense aint bad...i just cant choose tis game..laying off it

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's the deal. Any team that is deep in the hole first week with an 0-1 record is going to try everything in god's will to get a win the second week. Any team that goes down 0-2 is going to have slim chances at the playoffs and teams know this. The eagles are coming off a loss in GB and I see them winning this game. 7 points is quite a bit to ask for. I could make valid points for both teams. I'm going to bet Phili just for the simple fact that I see McNabb stepping up and leading his team to a victory in the first home game of the season. I was able to grab it at -6.5.

BOL,
    mp

awatkins011
    awatkins011's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see Skins winning this game outright. Not by more than a field goal though. Santana Moss will have a huge game following last weeks horrible game, and the Portis/Betts attack will be hard to stop. I predict 17-14 skins, with another late field goal to seal the deal.

Go with +7 Skins.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I expect the Redskins to keep this thing close, if not win outright. The Eagles just didn't seem to have that spark last week. They don't have any youthful invigoration that some of the other franchises like the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc, seem to keep adding year after year without completely rebuilding. Something about the Eagles this year, I think they've lost the spark. I might be wrong. The attention to detail is gone, which is suprising from an Andy Reid coached team. Maybe the off the field stuff is getting to him from this offseason. Not that the Redskins are the greatest, but I think the Eagles will let them hang around, maybe even steal this one. It should be a good one to watch. No way should anyone be betting the Eagles.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's Philly or nothing IMO. As BigEric said, there is a huge difference in the Packers defense and the Redskins defense. It wasn't surprising that D-Nice had a poor game on the road against that defense in his first reg. season game back from injury. I expect him to be much better this week.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I expect the Redskins to keep this thing close, if not win outright. The Eagles just didn't seem to have that spark last week. They don't have any youthful invigoration that some of the other franchises like the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc, seem to keep adding year after year without completely rebuilding. Something about the Eagles this year, I think they've lost the spark. I might be wrong. The attention to detail is gone, which is suprising from an Andy Reid coached team. Maybe the off the field stuff is getting to him from this offseason. Not that the Redskins are the greatest, but I think the Eagles will let them hang around, maybe even steal this one. It should be a good one to watch. No way should anyone be betting the Eagles.
    I agree the game will be close, but you're mistaken about the attention to detail thing. During Andy Reid's tenure there have been a rash of clock management mistakes, oddball play calling, etc. It's the norm, not a blip on the radar or a new trend. I don't see how you can say a team has "lost its spark" based on one week. This team has been left for dead plenty of times in the last 5 years i.e. last season when McNabb went down.