bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't be serious Tom Coughlin....Jared Lorenzen????

How in the world does anyone take the Giants this week if Eli is a no go is beyond me.

Jared Lorenzen is not the answer, much less an NFL backup.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree, BBD.

But, it should be entertaining as hell watching the Pillsbury dough boy flail around on Sunday against a quality D!

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Who else is he going to play? Every NFL coach has to make the determination that: if my starter goes down for an extended period of time, am I comfortable with the backup or is there someone else out there I am more comfortable with?

Whether you agree with his judgment is immaterial. Lorenzen is his backup and Coughlin is going to war with him. If Coughlin didn't ask himself that question above, then I think he should be criticized.

I suspect that the Giants will throw to set up the run this week because, if I'm the Pack, I make Lorenzen beat me. If you're the Giants, your best skill position people are at WR and TE. Those WR's and TE have to be involved and be involved very early to set the tone.

E

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Actually, I like Lorenzen's swagger. He must have an arm, or he wouldn't be in this position. He might be great someday, but he's green & unproven right now.

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

They could bring in Leftwich.

Go Packers!

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I agree, BBD.

But, it should be entertaining as hell watching the Pillsbury dough boy flail around on Sunday against a quality D!
    "Quarter(got)back",[1] "Hefty Lefty",[2] "The Pillsbury Throwboy",[3] "J.Load",[4] "Round Mound of Touchdown",[4],"BBQ (Big Beautiful Quarterback)".[5] , "Barrel" [citation needed], Jared "Fogle" Lorenzen, and "J-Lo