imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let's talk about the Chargers vs Patriots -4, Discussion Thread.

Let's discuss this game in detail..

Who are you leaning to?

Thanks.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leaning toward Chargers. This really isn't about week 1, everything that could be expected happened in week 1. The Pats beat up on the Jets, Tom Brady was Tom Brady, but what was pleasantly surprising is how good Moss played.

The Chargers defense looked amazing, their offense looked dumbed down versus another great defense, but I don't think LT will have that tough a time on the ground against NE. Phillip Rivers, he reminds me of a lot of great quarterbacks, I love his passion and emotions and how he still maintained his focus with the ball.

Talent wise, taking into account all the intangibles, if I'm offered Chargers +a few points at a good price I'm taking it, even in NE. My position could change here with the line, but right now I'm clearly leaning toward San Diego.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will be taking the patriots. Most people thought the jets were a good pick plus the 7 points and look what happened. The patriots is the only way to play this game.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots...the better coach will come up w/a better game plan who also has been with his team for years while this is only game 2 for Norv Turner. Chargers offense will take time to gel under Norv ...remember, they lost an entire coaching staff from head coach to both offensive and defensive coordinators... the fact they shut down the Bears offense can't be all that surprising since they now have a defensive coach that was with the Bears last year. Randy Moss is the type of receiver the Chargers didn't have deal with today and obviously is rededicated to being a top receiver....and Tom Brady is no Rex Grossman. The fact this game is in week 2 really benefits the Patriots here. By the end of the year the Chargers offense will gel better ...so for this game I'm laying the points and taking the Patriots...but will buy a point and keep it at -2.5

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Moss is healthy.
    Moss is happy.
    Moss is "walking the line".

Now is the time to bet NE, before the Moss ticking time-bomb explodes. If you wait too long, Moss will tweak a hammy, or get caught with marijuana, or become a locker room cancer. Who knows? Might as well cash in while his talent is running white hot again.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Patriots will win by 10; Brady knows he needs to be a champion this year or Giselle is out the door. Baby mama going to cost him some money as well.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leave this one is the call.

NE do have the edge but the chargers D is better than advertised. This is a coin flip and will be close all the way