MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

2good2btrue

So every one is nice and amped up for what looks like another great NFL season. some of us degenerates are down a few units from being a bit too antsy with preseason action plays... somethin about a game bein on tv that all of a sudden causes me to have an opinion it. anyways, the first 3 weeks of the nfl are historically where i make so much money that i am well prepared for the pummelling i am about to receive over the rest of the season. i take garbage teams that have no business being on the same field as the other team and sit back at a jam packed sports bar watching everyone yell at the tv sets and curse every stupid non-covering favorite that was such a mortal dead bolt cinch prior to kick off an just count my money as they all tank. i have 5 plays that i hate so much that i love. i will be betting full throttle all out on the following:

Cleve +4' Final Cle 15 Pit 10 ( cleveland actually may blow this team out once the fans get behind them and their defense starts scoring, otherwise it will be a grinder, but cleve is a definite cover)

Buffalo +3 Buffalo's D will dominate all day. Buffalo's margin of victory will be determined by whether or not their D scores1 time or 3 times, but count on cutler getting his sack handed to him. Final Buff 27 Den 7

Tampa Bay +5' this line should have opened at 8 and if it had i would have either have no opinion or i would bet small on seattle, but since it is 5' and just begging me to take them i have to LOVE the other side i have no final score prediction here im just feelin CADILLAC... why? because technically he is their only shot here and on paper he should rush 17 times for 30 yards, which given the small line means obviously he will have a field day which is why i am starting him as my flex player in fantasy. i cant begin to express how much i hate tampa in this game which all the more furthers my belief that they should come out of seattle with a W.

CAROLINA +1 why did this line open at pickem????? why is it still at 1???? carolina was brutal last year and st louis is so stacked on offense that they might just hang 48 points on carolina, but the line is 1 which is why they won't. 99% of america loves the rams here yet the line is holding steady at 1. so a very small handful of vegas insiders MUST be hammering carolina here just to keep this line from moving to 3. carolina will run, run, run by committee all over this team and dictate tempo from jump street. final Carolina 23 st louis 10

and last but not least for your 5-0 sunday afternoon.....

KC +3 this game has me shaking. i dont think there is a worse team in football right now than KC. i have no clue how they can score more than 10 points and all of you feel the same way. houston has become quite the boutique pick this week, lest we forget they have never been good. at least kc used to be good. in their history houston has always sucked unless they were playing the giants, which was always funny to me because i hate everything about the giants. another line that should be moving bust hasnt is this one. i expect this to be real, real low scoring and kc to win final KC 16 HOU 13.

herm edwards will find a way to get someone to do something. who and what i have no idea but it will be done on defense and ground game or else houston will just open up and blow this team out.

so there you have it 5-0. every one of these sides takes a tremendous amount of balls to risk actual money on which is why they will all cover. the trick is next week to go opposite all 5 of them, but we'll cross that bridge in week 2 if i still have a bankroll.

honorable mention half unit plays are min-3, jax -7, dal -6, az+3, mia +3, new eng -6', phi -3, and under in every game on the board

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking your Tampa Bay play sir.

GL with your selections today

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

CLE blowing out PITT?? no way that was going to happen....taking PITT was the easiest pic of the day..

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

How you liking that Cleveland play now, bud? Man, sometimes when a game is too good to be true, it's just too good. Granted, there's a half left, but this game reeked of blowout. You can find my thoughts regarding this game scattered across about 10 threads on this forum (including my own). Frye/Anderson/Medicine Woman at QB, with "Happy Feet" Lewis at RB spells disaster... That line should have been Pitt -6.5 to make gamblers think twice.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    How you liking that Cleveland play now, bud? Man, sometimes when a game is too good to be true, it's just too good. Granted, there's a half left, but this game reeked of blowout. You can find my thoughts regarding this game scattered across about 10 threads on this forum (including my own). Frye/Anderson/Medicine Woman at QB, with "Happy Feet" Lewis at RB spells disaster... That line should have been Pitt -6.5 to make gamblers think twice.

I totally agree...this line never made sense

WestsidePete

24-0 Pitt....

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post
    So every one is nice and amped up for what looks like another great NFL season. some of us degenerates are down a few units from being a bit too antsy with preseason action plays... somethin about a game bein on tv that all of a sudden causes me to have an opinion it. anyways, the first 3 weeks of the nfl are historically where i make so much money that i am well prepared for the pummelling i am about to receive over the rest of the season. i take garbage teams that have no business being on the same field as the other team and sit back at a jam packed sports bar watching everyone yell at the tv sets and curse every stupid non-covering favorite that was such a mortal dead bolt cinch prior to kick off an just count my money as they all tank. i have 5 plays that i hate so much that i love. i will be betting full throttle all out on the following:

Cleve +4' Final Cle 15 Pit 10 ( cleveland actually may blow this team out once the fans get behind them and their defense starts scoring, otherwise it will be a grinder, but cleve is a definite cover)

Buffalo +3 Buffalo's D will dominate all day. Buffalo's margin of victory will be determined by whether or not their D scores1 time or 3 times, but count on cutler getting his sack handed to him. Final Buff 27 Den 7

Tampa Bay +5' this line should have opened at 8 and if it had i would have either have no opinion or i would bet small on seattle, but since it is 5' and just begging me to take them i have to LOVE the other side i have no final score prediction here im just feelin CADILLAC... why? because technically he is their only shot here and on paper he should rush 17 times for 30 yards, which given the small line means obviously he will have a field day which is why i am starting him as my flex player in fantasy. i cant begin to express how much i hate tampa in this game which all the more furthers my belief that they should come out of seattle with a W.

CAROLINA +1 why did this line open at pickem????? why is it still at 1???? carolina was brutal last year and st louis is so stacked on offense that they might just hang 48 points on carolina, but the line is 1 which is why they won't. 99% of america loves the rams here yet the line is holding steady at 1. so a very small handful of vegas insiders MUST be hammering carolina here just to keep this line from moving to 3. carolina will run, run, run by committee all over this team and dictate tempo from jump street. final Carolina 23 st louis 10

and last but not least for your 5-0 sunday afternoon.....

KC +3 this game has me shaking. i dont think there is a worse team in football right now than KC. i have no clue how they can score more than 10 points and all of you feel the same way. houston has become quite the boutique pick this week, lest we forget they have never been good. at least kc used to be good. in their history houston has always sucked unless they were playing the giants, which was always funny to me because i hate everything about the giants. another line that should be moving bust hasnt is this one. i expect this to be real, real low scoring and kc to win final KC 16 HOU 13.

herm edwards will find a way to get someone to do something. who and what i have no idea but it will be done on defense and ground game or else houston will just open up and blow this team out.

so there you have it 5-0. every one of these sides takes a tremendous amount of balls to risk actual money on which is why they will all cover. the trick is next week to go opposite all 5 of them, but we'll cross that bridge in week 2 if i still have a bankroll.

honorable mention half unit plays are min-3, jax -7, dal -6, az+3, mia +3, new eng -6', phi -3, and under in every game on the board
    I hate to sound critical, but I'm curious as to what type of NFL knowledge and/or gambling knowledge you applied when making these picks other than "bet against the public" or "bet against the better team"... You may hit one or two, but I'm just curious to know if that's your sole basis for making plays... There are certain times when I go against the public, but Cleveland against Pittsburgh was just insane. Lookin good on Carolina, and maybe Buffalo (though your 27-7 prediction was nuts).

WestsidePete

I agree again here...Texans looked like a good selection and took them w/Pitt as my 2 biggest plays today...Larry Johnson is not in game shape and Schaub looked good in preseason

babaoriley

I'm just wondering if there was any methodology behind these bets (besides fading the public)... Week 1 in the NFL tends to yield (yearly) 1 or 2 MUST-PLAYS. For me, SD an SEA Teased, SD, the SD Under, and of course PITT were all MUST PLAYS. Of course, I had Denver as a MUST PLAY when all was said and done (after stating "I almost overthought this") and that didn't turn out too well (thanks to Special Teams--Roscoe ST TD and 2 Elam missed FG's)... Ah well, a good first week. now considering placing a small portion on tonight's game. very small.

WestsidePete

I'm just wondering if there was any methodology behind these bets (besides fading the public)... Week 1 in the NFL tends to yield (yearly) 1 or 2 MUST-PLAYS. For me, SD an SEA Teased, SD, the SD Under, and of course PITT were all MUST PLAYS. Of course, I had Denver as a MUST PLAY when all was said and done (after stating "I almost overthought this") and that didn't turn out too well (thanks to Special Teams--Roscoe ST TD and 2 Elam missed FG's)... Ah well, a good first week. now considering placing a small portion on tonight's game. very small.
    fading the public is not a betting system at the start of the season I would do and just look at the results for today based on that..BTW what bet are you placing tonite baba??

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I f you read all his picks they were pretty damn good. The ones in small print.

2-3 big print games
    2-2 small print games
    9-3 on unders

not bad to me 13-8

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

was a post to stir up some bs is my take . nice on unders though .

babaoriley

Thinking about teasing Dallas and the Under (Dallas -.5 and under 50.5) for 1/2 unit. What about you?

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    I f you read all his picks they were pretty damn good. The ones in small print.

2-3 big print games
    2-2 small print games
    9-3 on unders

not bad to me 13-8
    It was the "5-0 guarantee" thing that peeved me a little bit. I just dislike people coming on playing the "fade the public" card. Also, he said he would be betting those main 5 "full throttle"... The other plays looked like leans to me as he made no formal declaration on them being plays.

EJandV

opened at 43.5 on my paper,under 50.5 of course I like that all day . Big D .

EJandV

Mooncricket ? Everyone should know who that is >Bateman . too funny .

WestsidePete

Thinking about teasing Dallas and the Under (Dallas -.5 and under 50.5) for 1/2 unit. What about you?

I like this play....I'm on it

WestsidePete

I have Dallas straight up on parlay's with SD SEA from earlier but like the under as well so took Dallas +2 under 53.5 parlay

babaoriley

Yeah, I ended up putting 1 unit on me. I'm worried about the Under.

WestsidePete

under 43.5 is looking bad...glad I'm at 53.5 and even that is looking iffy...