babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baba's Week 1 NFL picks

Football season is here!!!

And with it come a lot of fishy looking lines.
    Without further ado, here are my plays for week 1 NFL (P.S. as noted in bbd's "Am I crazy" thread, I bet .25 units to win .65 on Indy and the Under. So, I'm a whopping +.65 going in. Woo hoo!

Anyhoo:
    3* on Pitt -4- as soon as the early lines came out, I pounded this, then I hit it again, then again... I've made my thoughts on this game apparent to anyone who would listen, and unless this is a classic trap game, this is the easiest game on the card. I mean this is truly too good to be true. But, I think it's true and I'm walking with it. If I nail my NCAA card, expect me to throw another unit on here at -4.5. WINNER +3*
    3* Sea/SD 6 point teaser so SEA and SD pck WINNER +3*
    2* SD -6 WINNER +2*
    2* Den -3 (I almost over thought this one) LOSER (should have thought less) -2.20* @ -110
    1.5* Philly -3 LOSER -1.575*
    1.5* Sea -6 WINNER +1.5*
    1* NYJ +7 LOSER -1.05*
    1* SD/Chi -42.5 WINNER +1*
    1* Wash -3 PUSH NO ACTION
    1/2* Det-Oak Under 39.5 LOSER -.525*
    1/2* Atlanta ML (+145) LOSER -.5*
    1/2* Tennessee ML (+250) WINNER +1.25*
    1/2* Tennessee +7 WINNER +.5*

And I was planning on betting 20 NFL units, so 1.75 are still up for grabs. Probably saving that for SF-AZ.
    If you can't tell, I absolutely love week 1 of the NFL.

I'm feeling very chalky this week and though usually that spells deep shit, I'm feeling OK about this week...

WEEK 1: 8-5 +7.05 Units
    Last edited by babaoriley; 09-09-07 at 06:43 PM.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

GL Baba that's ways too many games you play on.
    So far I'm on
    NYJ +7
    TB +6
    ATL +3

BOL.
    WT

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by White_Tiger View Post
    GL Baba that's ways too many games you play on.
    So far I'm on
    NYJ +7
    TB +6
    ATL +3

BOL.
    WT
    I actually bet way more on weeks 1 & 2 than on any other weeks until the playoffs start. I've had good luck. Last year, my top 5 picks went 5-0...
    In fact, I host a gambling/pick 5 contest at a FF site and here's how obnoxious I was last year after going 5-0 (the year before, I went 43-17 after we started the pick 5--ATS or +/-). Here were my actual messages on that board:
    Message 1
    ________________________________________ ______________
    Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
    I'm going to go ahead and make my picks, as I'll be tailgating tomorrow in Austin and won't be in any condition to post my picks tomorrow.

1) Eagles- It almost seems too easy... That said, this time it just might be. Hopefully, many of you were able to lock it down at 4 or even 3.5, but now it's creeping up to 5.5. Obviously, many of us are missing an angle here...

2) Chicago-GB Under- I'm a little worried about both QB's giving up short fields in this one, which would obviously lead to more scoring. If both teams come out with conservative gameplans, I think the under is good. If the Pack come out slinging, I'm not so sure.

3) Chicago- I've been perplexed by this line since the preseason lines came out. I locked it in early (at -110) thinking the line would move to 4.5 and it's stayed at 3.5... Interesting...

4) Carolina-Atlanta Under- Smith's injury will make this more of a ball-control, field position game than it normally would have been. these two teams know each other well and I actually like Atlanta to cover and maybe win outright, but the safer bet is the under.

5) Seattle-Detroit Under-24-16 or so... I like Seattle to cover but nobody had touched the +/- and I like the under also...[/b]
    Total:
    ________________________________________ ____________
    Message 2 ________________________________________ ____________
    I really hope some of you are making money off my picks. I should charge good money for this thread.

5-0 Week 1.
    Total:
    ________________________________________ ______________

I'm not trying to say that I'm hot shit or anything, and I'll probably lose 8 units now that I've said all that, but I'm just saying that A) I went 43-17 over the final 12 weeks of 2005-06 ATS and +/- and B) I have a good track record for week 1 games in the NFL *knocks on wood*. So, while I admit that it looks like I have too many games on my card, I actually have reasoning behind it. And my unit size isn't a dime, so I think I'm OK. When the NFL comes around, I reduce my unit size because i like to play a larger card. Even NCAAF takes a backseat to weeks 1&2 of the NFL. I do love me some NCAABB though... Damn, do I love it.

babaoriley

[QUOTE=White_Tiger;338259]GL Baba that's ways too many games you play on.
    So far I'm on
    NYJ +7
    TB +6
    ATL +3

Oh, and by the way, I do like NYJ and ATL (though I'd play the latter on the ML). As for TB, I think they get smoked and are one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL, but then again, what do I know. Best of luck with your picks, though I will unfortunately be rooting against you on your TB play.

babaoriley

And with it come a lot of fishy looking lines.
    Without further ado, here are my plays for week 1 NFL (P.S. as noted in bbd's "Am I crazy" thread, I bet .25 units to win .65 on Indy and the Under. So, I'm a whopping +.65 going in. Woo hoo!

Anyhoo:
    3* on Pitt -4- as soon as the early lines came out, I pounded this, then I hit it again, then again... I've made my thoughts on this game apparent to anyone who would listen, and unless this is a classic trap game, this is the easiest game on the card. I mean this is truly too good to be true. But, I think it's true and I'm walking with it. If I nail my NCAA card, expect me to throw another unit on here at -4.5. WINNER +3*
    3* Sea/SD 6 point teaser so SEA and SD pck WINNER +3*
    2* SD -6 WINNER +2*
    2* Den -3 (I almost over thought this one) LOSER (should have thought less) -2.20* @ -110
    1.5* Philly -3 LOSER -1.575*
    1.5* Sea -6 WINNER +1.5*
    1* NYJ +7 LOSER -1.05*
    1* SD/Chi -42.5 WINNER +1*
    1* Wash -3 PUSH NO ACTION
    1/2* Det-Oak Under 39.5 LOSER -.525*
    1/2* Atlanta ML (+145) LOSER -.5*
    1/2* Tennessee ML (+250) WINNER +1.25*
    1/2* Tennessee +7 WINNER +.5*

And I was planning on betting 20 NFL units, so 1.75 are still up for grabs. Probably saving that for SF-AZ.
    If you can't tell, I absolutely love week 1 of the NFL.

I'm feeling very chalky this week and though usually that spells deep , I'm feeling OK about this week...

WEEK 1: 8-5 +7.05 Units

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice start baba...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice week Baba.

babaoriley

Thanks Pete and crazyl. trying to figure out if I want to play around with the other 1.75 units that I was planning on betting. Maybe a little something tonight, then SF/AZ.

babaoriley

Almost getting this in late, but I put 1/2* on both SF (-3 @-115) and 1/2* on Cinci -2.5. Crappy line that I got on SF, but oh well.