bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I crazy if I do it?

I'm liking the under 53.5 tonight.

The only way the Saint have a legit shot of winning this game is to keep the ball on the ground with Deuce and Reggie running the ball all night long.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I like the under too bbd, but I am too afraid to pull the trigger on it...could be a high scoring game.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It crossed my mind, but I didn't pull the trigger.

Basically, I think this is going to play out like a few games versus Indy last year. The Saints are going into this match planning to run the rock a hell of a lot. The Colts, in their last few showings, albeit with Bugger McFarland playing, have stepped up versus the run playing on that smooth turf in Indy. Teams have quickly abandoned their strategy once Manning starts lighting them up in the air.

If this happens, we know Sean Peyton is going to react aggressively, he's a young coach and I have no doubt with the type of numbers Brees put up last year they'll begin chasing the Colts before Manning can bury them completely.

And that's where the under starts not to look so good. If they can pound the rock with efficiency as you said, it certainly looks appealing because they'll chew that clock down, but if they have trouble in that department it does not bode well for a low scoring affair.
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 09-06-07 at 02:31 PM.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Under and the colts, but I'm staying away from this altogether. May play a .25 unit parlay just for shits and grins. I see something like 31-17 Indy... But if I were to play a straight bet, it would be the Under...

EDIT: I did just put down .25 Units to win .65... At least it's action for the first NFL game of the season.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 09-06-07 at 02:48 PM.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm looking at the under as well. I think both teams will be looking to run the clock out as soon as the first kickoff happens. The best way to beat both of these teams is to keep their offenses off the field. Last year Jacksonville demonstrated this method early in the year and the result was a close game. Although they still lost.

bigboydan

I think this total would be a tad low if we were in week 6 or 7 maybe. However this being the first game of the regular season, I think we will see some mistakes made on the offensive side of the ball from both teams.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm liking the under 53.5 tonight.

The only way the Saint have a legit shot of winning this game is to keep the ball on the ground with Deuce and Reggie running the ball all night long.
    Carzy, no. I love this play also. I also love New Orleans +5.5 and will be putting a couple units on it.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I'm on the Saints + points and the under tonight also. Manning can't beat you from the sidelines and with the losses on D the Colts have had in the offseason, I think NO will be able to run on this team. Colts may still win a tight one but if NO can run and shorten this game, I think they'll cover and that bodes well for the under.

bigboydan

So far so good with my under play.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    So far so good with my under play.
    If it wastn't that fumble TD by N.O the Und will look really good by now.

SBR Lou

You sweating right now Dan? 8 secs left..

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    You sweating right now Dan? 8 secs left..
    I sure was indeed sweating bullets when they called that time out Crazy. My first thoughts were "this is going to be one heck of a way to start the season for me".

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yay. I win .65 units on my .25 unit parlay... So enthused...

Anyway, congrats to all Colts and Under backers. I predicted 31-17 and it was an even bigger beatdown.

SBR Lou

Yeah it always feels good to start the season off with a W. Except this means we'll all probably get buried come Sunday.