moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 1 NFL Picks

I'm getting them in early. I don't want the lines to move. Picks are in bold. My biggest play is the steelers. They are going to absolutely destroy the browns (sorry browns fans).

Kansas City Chiefs
    Houston Texans -3

Pittsburgh Steelers -4.5
    Cleveland Browns

New England Patriots -6.5
    New York Jets

New York Giants +7
    Dallas Cowboys

moneyplays
    Last edited by moneyplays; 09-09-07 at 07:50 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Please let us know what lines you got.

Good luck with your plays.

btwizzy
    btwizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got a bad feeling Philly is gonna lay a egg against Green Bay. GB's defense is for real, I like Green Bay at LAMBEAU with a big win. 1-0.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by btwizzy View Post
    I got a bad feeling Philly is gonna lay a egg against Green Bay. GB's defense is for real, I like Green Bay at LAMBEAU with a big win. 1-0.
    I agree that Green Bay's defense will be TOUGH. It is the offense that may be suspect, however. They need a healthy Driver....which still may not be enough.

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dollars View Post
    I agree that Green Bay's defense will be TOUGH. It is the offense that may be suspect, however. They need a healthy Driver....which still may not be enough.
    How about establishing their running game? I think this is more of a concern then a healthy driver. We will see...

xxdsdxx
    xxdsdxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Houston -3. LJ hasn't played, Huard has not played well and Houston has something to prove by going defense these last 2 years.

WP will burn Cleveland to the tune of 2 scores and 165 yards... Not even close...

Everyone can run on the undersized eagles, only problem is that GB hasn't straightened out the RB situation yet. Philly flies past GB take the -3.

Hype or Histeria? I would not touch the -6.5 in a divisional game during the first week of the season, witht he dog at home. Jets at home take the under and go J-E-T-S!

Dallas -4 - This game is ugly from the word go. Cowboys are ready and G-Men are not.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love Houston

Like Cleveland

Like GB

Wishing you GL with the Boys

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    Love Houston

Like Cleveland

Like GB

Wishing you GL with the Boys

What's your logic behind 'liking' Cleveland? Are you a fan or really serious in thinking they stand a chance?

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by xxdsdxx View Post
    I like Houston -3. LJ hasn't played, Huard has not played well and Houston has something to prove by going defense these last 2 years.

WP will burn Cleveland to the tune of 2 scores and 165 yards... Not even close...

Everyone can run on the undersized eagles, only problem is that GB hasn't straightened out the RB situation yet. Philly flies past GB take the -3.

Hype or Histeria? I would not touch the -6.5 in a divisional game during the first week of the season, witht he dog at home. Jets at home take the under and go J-E-T-S!

Dallas -4 - This game is ugly from the word go. Cowboys are ready and G-Men are not.
    Did you happen to watch Tom Brady in pre-season? Came in after a long flight and threw a touchdown within minutes... Yes, I know it's preseason... One thing I have learned over the years is never bet against the patriots AND always bet with them. I'll stick with them until they do me wrong. We'll see...

sportsmaster
    sportsmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

My 3 picks:

1) Philly @ GB..
    Philly was 5-3 on the road last year and with a healthy McNabb they can easily beat the Packers at home. GB was 3-5 last year at Lambeau...everyone knows they only win at home in the cold!

2) Tampa @ Seattle
    Seatle will definatly win at home as last year they averaged 24 pts/game @ home. Tampa Bay, without a good starting QB averaged only 13 pts/game on the road..take Seattle -6

3) Giants @ Cowboys

Without Tiki Barber and problems with the coach as well as Strahan, the G-Men have no chance of beating Dallas at home. A healthy Romo who needs to play well for a contract and a strong, healthy defense will cover the -6 spread.

Thoughts?

sportsmaster
    sportsmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not to mention, GB doesn't have a strong running game without Ahman Green!

xxdsdxx
    xxdsdxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buying the Hype!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyplays View Post
    Did you happen to watch Tom Brady in pre-season? Came in after a long flight and threw a touchdown within minutes... Yes, I know it's preseason... One thing I have learned over the years is never bet against the patriots AND always bet with them. I'll stick with them until they do me wrong. We'll see...
    Last year the "Colts" were 0-4 in the preseason and Manning got off to a "human" start and you said stick a fork in them.

This year you are annointing the Pats SB winners, because Brady has a baby?! and throws a TD pass all in 1 day...

Love the logic, but take the under...

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by xxdsdxx View Post
    Last year the "Colts" were 0-4 in the preseason and Manning got off to a "human" start and you said stick a fork in them.

This year you are annointing the Pats SB winners, because Brady has a baby?! and throws a TD pass all in 1 day...

Love the logic, but take the under...
    I wasn't on here last year so I never said that about the colts. I'm not saying they are going to be SB winners. I just know that TB now has an arsenal like never before and we saw how he did last year with no one to throw to. In preseason it does not matter what your record is. For me I like to watch how the first string starters react. Do they make their blocks. Do they run the right routes. ETC... Take it or leave it but I'm sticking with my gut.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers, Dallas and Jags all on Money lines.

10 units = 27 units return

Seatle -6
    Rams - 1
    Steelers money line

Trixie 2.5 units a line

JT16
    JT16's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's your logic behind 'liking' Cleveland? Are you a fan or really serious in thinking they stand a chance?
    I guess Vegas changed their name to the Red Cross and decided to give money away this weekend. Vegas sets their lines for a reason. Yes the Browns have a chance this is the NFL. Do you serious think if the Browns didn't have a chance Vegas would be taking action on this game. Some of you guys really crack me up. You have alot to learn about wagering on sports.

NYJ
    Faclons ML
    Browns
    Bills

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by JT16 View Post
    I guess Vegas changed their name to the Red Cross and decided to give money away this weekend. Vegas sets their lines for a reason. Yes the Browns have a chance this is the NFL. Do you serious think if the Browns didn't have a chance Vegas would be taking action on this game. Some of you guys really crack me up. You have alot to learn about wagering on sports.

NYJ
    Faclons ML
    Browns
    Bills
    I don't want to get into any verbal attacks here. That's fine you can take the browns. Lets revisit this thread after the game on sunday and if I lose I'll gladly admit it here that I am in fact an idiot.

We all know the first week of football anything can happen and with that said Vegas isn't perfect and can't tell the future. Yes, the browns have a chance. Any team in the nfl has a chance. Any given Sunday baby... I'm just saying if I had to pick one game where I feel the most confident and a game where I am laying down a big bet its on the steelers this weekend. I've done my homework and looked at the matchup.

We shall see... BOL

moneyplays

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I must say, I too am on the Steelers (LARGE) against Cleveland. As I posted in another forum where I host a weekly pick 5 game:
    3* Pitt -4.5 @ Cleveland---I bet this as soon as the early lines were published (at -4). I simply can't imagine any scenario where I'd bet on a Charlie Frye/Jamal Lewis led offense against the Steelers. Arians will test Cleveland deep and open the field for FWP. I just see this being either a blowout or a complete trap game that just sucked me in. I realize this is a rivalry game of sorts and I'm going with a road dog, but the talent gap is too large for me to ignore.

I never want to say "easy money", but this one looks downright incredible. This revamped offense under Arians is going to give Cleveland fits. Cleveland ranked 28th against the run in allowing 4.7 yards per carry to opposing backs. Pitt can establish the run to open the field for the pass, or vice versa. And Jamal Lewis looked like he was running with cinder blocks strapped to his legs last season. And geez, Charlie Frye??? I mean, Wimbley and Davis are the only two guys I worry about on the Cleveland D. They're both playmakers, but the defense, in a nutshell, reeks. This could be a bloodbath (or a total trap).

Don Dollars

How about establishing their running game? I think this is more of a concern then a healthy driver. We will see...
    No doubt. Their running game is a HUGE question mark. They will have to rely heavily on the pass....and without a healthy Driver, I'm not sure that is even possible. They could be in major trouble.

Don Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    I must say, I too am on the Steelers (LARGE) against Cleveland. As I posted in another forum where I host a weekly pick 5 game:
    3* Pitt -4.5 @ Cleveland---I bet this as soon as the early lines were published (at -4). I simply can't imagine any scenario where I'd bet on a Charlie Frye/Jamal Lewis led offense against the Steelers. Arians will test Cleveland deep and open the field for FWP. I just see this being either a blowout or a complete trap game that just sucked me in. I realize this is a rivalry game of sorts and I'm going with a road dog, but the talent gap is too large for me to ignore.

I never want to say "easy money", but this one looks downright incredible. This revamped offense under Arians is going to give Cleveland fits. Cleveland ranked 28th against the run in allowing 4.7 yards per carry to opposing backs. Pitt can establish the run to open the field for the pass, or vice versa. And Jamal Lewis looked like he was running with cinder blocks strapped to his legs last season. And geez, Charlie Frye??? I mean, Wimbley and Davis are the only two guys I worry about on the Cleveland D. They're both playmakers, but the defense, in a nutshell, reeks. This could be a bloodbath (or a total trap).
    Looks too good to be true. All of the public agrees. This game is being heavily, heavily bet with over 80% coming in on Pittsburgh....however the line really isn't changing. This game SCARES me.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dollars View Post
    Looks too good to be true. All of the public agrees. This game is being heavily, heavily bet with over 80% coming in on Pittsburgh....however the line really isn't changing. This game SCARES me.
    Yep, feels like a trap... I admit it. But again, I'm not trusting a Frye/Jamal Lewis led team here. I think Pitt should put up 24+ pts. which should be more than enough to cover. I actually think the over would be a good play as well, but I'm worried that Cleveland could put up 0-6, leaving Pitt needing to score 31-37 points on their own. This may be the squarest of square plays, but again, I think Arians really opens up this Pitt offense and Cleveland sucks on both sides of the ball. It's like Vegas forgot to factor in the coaching regime change in Pitt. Tomlin, Arians and co are going to be amped up for this game. Big Ben is ready to prove that he is a good passing QB (not just a winning QB) and FWP should go nuts on this Browns D. Something isn't adding up here, as I was expecting this line to be in the 6-7 point range (even with the road dog status). Something tells me to buy myself out of this game, but I'm sticking with it under the assumption that this isn't a total, complete trap.

babaoriley

Perhaps even more reason to jump on Pitt... At this point, I'm either positive that Pitt rolls or the fix is in.

per www.draftsharks.com
    FOX 8 TV in Cleveland reports: "Browns cornerback Leigh Bodden has been arrested outside of Cleveland Hopkins Airport. According to Cleveland Police Lt. Thomas Stacho, Bodden was taken into custody at 6:30 p.m. and was charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest." Whoa, if he is held out on Sunday vs. Pittsburgh it would be a legitimate blow. The report adds: "Bodden was driving his vehicle the wrong way in the pick-up area and was stopped by officers and told to turn his vehicle around and drive with the flow of traffic... Officers told Bodden to move his vehicle and after several minutes the incident escalated..."
    Posted on Sep 05, 2007 - 9:50 PM
    Last edited by babaoriley; 09-05-07 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Cite Source

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

you could always buy out your bet at the half if the game isn't going right...but I think the Steelers roll on this one. They have a new coach and Ben has a lot to prove that he's back 100%....they will be charged and focused differently...no way of a let down here....

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts +1
    Steelers +2.5

2 team teaser to bring the

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think if you are going to hit this hard the money line is the play as Big Ben might have one of those days when he passes to the other team. 10/23

Cleveland D will play above itself as they don't have much Off. -4.5 is set up for a late score from the browns to make it close and blow the spread bet.

Week 1 is the time to be careful.

Steelers is my 3 star bet but don't dig a week 1 hole on the spread.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love you guys!!!
    I will lay a big one on Steelers, and that's my only bet of the week.
    good luck all1!

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

like houston and dallas, gl

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indianapolis / New Orleans

Plays:
    Game Total: UNDER 52 +103 1 unit
    1st Half: UNDER 27 - 113 1 unit

Lines from Matchbook.

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints +6
    Titans +6.5
    Eagles -3
    Cowboys -6
    ncaa Tenn - and Lsu -

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Bengals -2.5

moneyplays

Okay, after doing some more analysis I'm going out on a limb and making three predictions:

1. Colts cover tonight
    2. Moss has a great game and NE rolls over the NYJ
    3. Steelers roll over the browns

Good luck.
    Last edited by moneyplays; 09-09-07 at 07:52 PM.

moneyplays

Quote Originally Posted by JT16 View Post

NYJ
    Faclons ML
    Browns
    Bills
    I guess they were the red cross today!!!!! Thank you Vegas!