MickyMoose
    MickyMoose's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chicago Bears At San Diego Chargers

Who do use all fancy for this one, i can get chicago with 11.5 of a start, do use think this is a good bet???

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see a 14 pt SD win

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm staying away from this game even though I think SD is going to smash the bears. For one, Rex Grossman showed signs of struggling in his pre-season performance. I don't have faith in him. I think its SD's year and they will come out strong. I should rethink why im not betting this game. I guess it's because I see some so-called 'locks'. :-)

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think San Diego rolls in this one fellas! Grossman will have problems with the San Diego defense and LT and the Chargers offense won't have any problem putting points on the board even against the Bears stout defense! I look for the Chargers to win this one atleast by double digits!

btwizzy
    btwizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is another tough game, I think it will be close actually, but if pushed to make a pick i would take Chicago plus the points.

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would take San Diego.

pwdump
    pwdump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

i got a +7 earlier on Chicago. I was considering playing it back, but with almost everybody I talk to on SD, I'm liking it more.

sportsmaster
    sportsmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT and Merriman whos an absolute FREAK on defense are too much for the Bears.

Again Grossman is unreliable and the Chargers are too strong at home. Last year they were 8-0 at home....AFC team much better then an NFC team once again!

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Under of 42.5 is really appealing to me. These are two terrific D's and I don't see Chicago scoring more than 14. I'm on SD ATS and the Under.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on San Diego also. I predict the Charger D will have a way of making the "bad Rex" show up.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You guys know that I am a dog lover, but I do like San Diego by 20 here.

Seabee
    Seabee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Benson isn't that bad of a RB, and Rex has worked on his scrambling which he may need. I still would take the Bears. Plus I don't think P. Rivers will have that great of a day.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
    Benson isn't that bad of a RB, and Rex has worked on his scrambling which he may need. I still would take the Bears. Plus I don't think P. Rivers will have that great of a day.
    Not trying to scare you off your play, but Benson was horrible in preseason and hasn't looked right since joining "The League". The Longhorn in me wants to tell you you're right, but I see something like 22-74-0 as a statline for Ced on Sunday. Grossman scrambling is even more worrisome than Grossman in the pocket. SD picks him off at least once tomorrow and hurries him into several bad decisions. Just my 2 cents, but the Bears DST better put up a TD or 2 or else they don't look good to cover. And Rivers has an emerging Vincent Jackson and Malcolm floyd to toss to if Chicago decides to get cute and stuff the box against LT and jam gates. Really, this is an underrated offense in my opinion.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 09-07-07 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

urlacher talkin' shit....merriman takes it out on grossman

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love San Diego in this game. I hear a lot of people talk with great respect for Chicago's D, and that's not without merit, but their D isn't keeping them in this game. They aren't going up against the Arizona Cardinals here, Rex doesn't have much rope to save himself. He needs to play phenomenally, and with the pressure he'll be up against, I seriously don't see it happening.

I'm positive he will lose the ball once, and throw for at least one pick. He may throw long and connect for some points, but that won't be enough. San Diego should dominate this game, they're the more physical team, more talented across the board, and have so many more ways to beat Chicago than vice versa.

I think Rivers should have a good game, but I think the real MVP of this game will be Merriman, Phillips, guys on the defensive side of the ball for the Chargers. Tomlinson also does not need to have one of his breath taking game here, just being productive and keeping the chains moving is enough. Chargers at home by 10 or more, that's my prediction.

Seabee
    Seabee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rex is down range on the firing line, but I think when Rivers is their you will get the same or worst results. This guy is still young. I think the bears can force him into alot of mistakes.

old threads
    old threads's Avatar Become A Pro!

Put 1/2 unit on SD -5.5 on Thursday. Chargers win 27-17.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I stay away from major coaching changes

I love Norv Turner and the chargers are my team, but I just cannot let myself bet on a team with a new coaching staff.

I will probably regret not playing it but I thought I would throw the coaching shakeup into the conversation here.

Peace,
    Ryan

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

bears win outright IMO

bears ML +230

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You guys know that I am a dog lover, but I do like San Diego by 20 here.
    I don't know about 20 LT, but I do agree the Bolts will cover that number.

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22711

Chargers by 10, I like it.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Chargers to win, cover, and probably blow Chicago out completely. Similar to the Colts-Saints game, IMO. Chicago will maybe hang around through 2 or 3 quarters, but come the 4th quarter, one team will look like boys and the other will look like men. SD will man up and get rid of that bitter playoff loss from last season.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by rmdanie View Post
    I love Norv Turner ...
    You love Norv as a fellow human being?

You love Norv as an accomplished offensive co-ordinator?

You love Norv as a head coach with just about zero success in multiple NFL stops?

Just curious...

Benson17

Hammerin Hank just took Chicago + points.

Benson17

So take San Diego.