Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

my NFL week 1 card, let me know what you think...

I don't post many plays here, but am just looking for some feedback on NFL week 1 at one of the few forums not filled to the gills with retards. These are probably square as sh1t, but in my experience, the anti-public strategy only really starts to pay off after week 2.

I'm looking to put exactly 10x in play during each of the first 2 weeks of NFL this year. I did very, very well last year during the first 2 weeks of the season for some reason, going 12-3 (a ridiculous 8-0 during week 2, best week of the year by far).

I'm working on my card now, as I think a lot of the games I'm favoring will move against me throughout the week.

So far, this is the basic outline, though I may tweak it a little in the next 24 hours:

Panthers @ Rams -1 (-110) 3.5x (fading Delhomme, and like the Rams at home a lot here. I think this will be a close game with less scoring than expected, but I just don't think the Panthers can take this without a couple huge turnovers or defensive touchdowns)

Steelers -4.5 (-101) 2.5x @ Browns (hate giving up more than 3 points week 1, especially on the road, but this one makes sense to me. I like the Steelers to get up early in this game and go to the half up at least a field goal or two. this line should be at 6.5, so I just think there's some value here)

Ravens ML (+126) 1.5x @ Bengals (the Bengals might take a small step back this year. I also like McGahee instead of Jamal, and think McNair will be much better with a year under his belt in Baltimore).

Chiefs @ Texans -2.5 (-125) 1x (team on the way up, at home, against a team that spent the preseason trying to figure out if Brodie Croyle was a viable NFL qb. i just hope LJ is a little rusty after his holdout)

Eagles/Packers Under 43.5 (-103) 1x (I see this as a very ugly defense-dominated game, 17-13 or something close. Nothing special here, but this total is simply too high. This could be 28-10 Eagles, or 14-10 Packers, but both D's are solid, and we're not going to see any real scoring with a rusty McNabb vs a Packer team without a 100% Donald Driver and no Ahman Green).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Hoja Verdes; 09-02-07 at 08:49 PM.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like just about all of your picks except the Eagles/Packers game. I think that old McNabb will come out as he has done the last couple of seasons. That means he will be tearing it up like Mr. Vick's -A- dog. This could be a shoot out just as it could be a field goal fest.

Skankdog
    Skankdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens/Bengals over 41, only lock of the weekend!LOL I should have parlayed that with my Michigan pick from last week!

Bengals have no defense and only can hope to outscore the other team. Should go over 41 by third quarter

Halcyon
    Halcyon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens/Bengals over 41 is my favorite pick of the week also. I also really like Rams -1, Panthers will struggle and the rams offense should be at its peak since there superbowl year.

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Skankdog View Post
    Ravens/Bengals over 41, only lock of the weekend!LOL I should have parlayed that with my Michigan pick from last week!

Bengals have no defense and only can hope to outscore the other team. Should go over 41 by third quarter
    I am new here, but have been a long time Bengals fan.

I wouldn't be too quick to think that the Bengals can score easily on the Ravens. The Bengals offense never really looked good in preseason and there were times last year when they had trouble putting points on the board. Conversely, I believe the Ravens D looked pretty good in preseason this year. Lastly, the Ravens offense has struggled in the past so there is no promise they can rack it up in the first game. As you know, this is a Monday night game at Cincy (I will be there) and the home crowd will make it tough on the Raven's O.

Just my opinion.

ps. The Bengals defense does suck... but they can show up at times, especially on a Monday night home opener.

Good Luck

JT16
    JT16's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    I don't post many plays here, but am just looking for some feedback on NFL week 1 at one of the few forums not filled to the gills with retards. These are probably square as sh1t, but in my experience, the anti-public strategy only really starts to pay off after week 2.

I'm looking to put exactly 10x in play during each of the first 2 weeks of NFL this year. I did very, very well last year during the first 2 weeks of the season for some reason, going 12-3 (a ridiculous 8-0 during week 2, best week of the year by far).

I'm working on my card now, as I think a lot of the games I'm favoring will move against me throughout the week.

So far, this is the basic outline, though I may tweak it a little in the next 24 hours:

Panthers @ Rams -1 (-110) 3.5x (fading Delhomme, and like the Rams at home a lot here. I think this will be a close game with less scoring than expected, but I just don't think the Panthers can take this without a couple huge turnovers or defensive touchdowns)

Steelers -4.5 (-101) 2.5x @ Browns (hate giving up more than 3 points week 1, especially on the road, but this one makes sense to me. I like the Steelers to get up early in this game and go to the half up at least a field goal or two. this line should be at 6.5, so I just think there's some value here)

Ravens ML (+126) 1.5x @ Bengals (the Bengals might take a small step back this year. I also like McGahee instead of Jamal, and think McNair will be much better with a year under his belt in Baltimore).

Chiefs @ Texans -2.5 (-125) 1x (team on the way up, at home, against a team that spent the preseason trying to figure out if Brodie Croyle was a viable NFL qb. i just hope LJ is a little rusty after his holdout)

Eagles/Packers Under 43.5 (-103) 1x (I see this as a very ugly defense-dominated game, 17-13 or something close. Nothing special here, but this total is simply too high. This could be 28-10 Eagles, or 14-10 Packers, but both D's are solid, and we're not going to see any real scoring with a rusty McNabb vs a Packer team without a 100% Donald Driver and no Ahman Green).

Thoughts?
    Mixing the anti-public strategy with square bullshit will get you killed. If you go back to week one last year we all cleaned up week one. Huge play on St Louis ml over Denver last year and a few others.

pwdump
    pwdump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

i can agree with all except the Baltimore pick. I think the Cinci offense out plays the Baltimore defense. Also, I believe the Cinci defense is going to prove to be much better than they showed in the preseason

pegasis0066
    pegasis0066's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pwdump View Post
    i can agree with all except the Baltimore pick. I think the Cinci offense out plays the Baltimore defense. Also, I believe the Cinci defense is going to prove to be much better than they showed in the preseason
    I like the way you think!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really like the Rams and Texans, but like the Bengals as well. I'm on the Packers, but I think under is the correct total in that game. Good luck this week.