bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damon Huard wins the starting QB job

Gee, No surprise here at all. Personally, I couldn't see how Herm Edwards would or even could think that Croyle had a legit shot at winning this job, because he's just not a NFL type QB IMO.

Huard beats out Croyle, to start for Chiefs

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Damon Huard, a career backup who played well in relief last season, was selected the starting quarterback Saturday for the Kansas City Chiefs.

The 34-year-old Huard went 5-3 last season after Trent Green was injured in the season opener. He had been battling second-year quarterback Brodie Croyle for the job after Green was traded to Miami.

The 24-year-old Croyle apparently played himself out of contention by throwing an interception in each of three preseason games. Huard sat out the Chiefs preseason loss Thursday against the Saints because of a sore calf muscle.

The Chiefs regular-season opener is Sept. 9 against the Texans in Houston.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Dan, did you see any of the Saints-Chiefs exhibition game the other night?

My view is: Huard didn't earn it; Croyle lost it. That performance against the Saints was absolutely dreadful by Croyle. I understand that is only a pre-season game but that was pitiful even by pre-season standards.

I agree with you, though. How the Chiefs would even consider starting the season with Croyle is beyond me! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but, good god man, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to realize that you start the season with the veteran and then, if things don't work out for Huard, then you bring in Croyle because your season is probably shot anyway.

Sometimes, I just don't understand. Someone enlighten me.

E

bigboydan

I did watch part of that game on a channel out of Springfield (Fox 27) Ebone.

Yes Croyle looked extremely bad that night. Edwards had two choices though, and you just knew that Huard was going to be his main man even with Herm giving every chance under the sun to Croyle in all those pre-season reports that were floating out there.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texans -2 looking better and better each day.

May end up investing 6-7 units on them when all is said and done.

bigboydan

I do like the way Shaub's work ethics, and even despite that O-line of Houston's which has improved some actually. I think they just might one of my plays in week 1 as well IMG.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Texans had an O-Line, I think they would be a contender..

bigboydan

Define contender IMG.

I think they have enough talent to make the playoffs this year. That is if they play together as a team, and catch a few breaks

colt29
    colt29's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does an organization like the chiefs,dolphins, raiders have quarterback battles with people who have sucked for a long time. Granted Cullpepper was good with Moss,{so was everyone in Minnessota} Damon Huard?? He failed with miami when replacing the fatass Marino.

bigboydan

In his defense though... Cullpepper was never the same after the knee injuries though.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Who cares? The Chefs are worthless with Herm as head coach. Yeah, I said C-H-E-F-S.

bigboydan

They did bring in ole Herm to rebuild the "Chefs" Owned. It's gonna take them about 5 years to retool that entire team most likely.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

By that time, Herm will be gone.