imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Texans line going up, Advice please....

I already have (1) unit on them +1.
    and (2) units on them -1.

Want at least 2-3 more units on them now seeing that the line is up to -2.

Question is, should I wait for the line to go down, or bet now before it goes possibly higher..

Thanks in advance.

imgv94

Forgot to mention this is for week one vs KC.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Tough to tell. I like the Texans myself, but if/when LJ signs the line could move accordingly.

The QB situation in KC could also have an impact. If Croyle does indeed get the nod, I think the number will only grow as I can't see the public jumping on a second-year QB making his first career start on the road only getting 2 pts.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm assuming that LJ is going to sign, that's seemed to be the consensus in KC, but it's dragging on longer than I thought. I would imagine that would move the line back a bit, but maybe not that much if everyone is assuming the same.

I think Houston should be improved this year, and I definitely side with them as well in this game.

As rjt721 mentions, I think the # on this game will probably depend most on whom they select as starting QB in KC. I drove through KC last week and got some sports talk radio and they aren't real high on Croyle there. I suppose it all depends on where Herm wants to take this team this year versus the next few.

I've been doing some week 1 research, I'll have some more in a few days.

Home team dogs, or teams that are percieved as the worse team (-2.5 or worse) have done well ATS all time in week one.

Home team dogs are 63-52-5 ATS in week one since 1985. That wouldn't apply here at the moment, since i've used the closing lines. However, home dogs have done better versus teams that had a winning record the previous season: 23-14 ATS (kc was 9-7 last season)

I will look into the #'s on small favorites this week.

imgv94

LJ signed. Line should go back to -1 or ML now.. Hopefully.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

WHY would you put less nits on +1 and more units on -1?

if texans win, it won't matter...but I fail to see the logic here

imgv94

Cause I want more $$ on it..