mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

Eric Bieniemy

WTF? Washington? That ship is shit.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

I guess he has to prove he could do it without Mahomes or Andy Reid to get a head coach job. If they get a good quarterback I think they have a good team

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    I guess he has to prove he could do it without Mahomes or Andy Reid to get a head coach job. If they get a good quarterback I think they have a good team
    Nate, Bieniemy must be a terrible interview. He got passed up again.

I actually think he's crazy for taking this job. Rivera/EricB will be a terrible mix. Rivera is very conservative.

And I don't think the Redskins sign a NAME qb. It will more likely be a 1A type of name. Maybe Heinecke stays on? Heinecke is well likely and viewed as a good teammate. Rivera has been vocal about seeing Howell as having a good shot to start.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

They have a good defense and have a good running game the last piece they need is a good quarterback, and this year is another big quarterback carousel. I heard that Andy Reid told him you're going to have to go out and prove it on your own to get a head coach job

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

"Doug Pederson was Reid's offensive coordinator and later left to become head coach in Philadelphia. Matt Nagy held the same position under Reid and left to become the head coach in Chicago. For whatever reason, the same standards haven't applied to Bieniemy. Can't figure out why. Trying to put my finger on it. Give me a minute. It'll come to me.
    If you're intellectually honest and consistent, who called plays under Reid, and who didn't, is really irrelevant. Reid is the same coaching giant he was with Pederson or Nagy that he was with Bieniemy. Reid's other two coordinators were allowed to escape his shadow. Bieniemy became trapped by it. Can't figure out why. Trying to put my finger on it. Give me a minute. It'll come to me. "

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Being a great coordinator doesnt make you a great head coach. People get this misconstrued ALL the time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Bienemy was not the main play caller in KC, so what did he do to deserve a head coaching job?

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Last time I looked, redskins don’t have a mahomes at qb. they have no qb’s, so yeah good luck there

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Bienemy was not the main play caller in KC, so what did he do to deserve a head coaching job?
    I'm pretty sure he played a large part in designing offensive game plans. Reid gave him a lot of the credit for pants-ing that Philly defense so badly. I think it may have been Bienemy who adopted the play that resulted in the last two KC TD's, from having seen Jacksonville own Philly with it earlier in the season.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    I'm pretty sure he played a large part in designing offensive game plans. Reid gave him a lot of the credit for pants-ing that Philly defense so badly. I think it may have been Bienemy who adopted the play that resulted in the last two KC TD's, from having seen Jacksonville own Philly with it earlier in the season.
    So does someone that helps design schemes and does not call plays deserve a head coaching job?

Let's see what he does without Reid and Mahomes.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Chiefs didn't even want him. If he was such a great OC why did they only have him on a 1 year deal? He previous contract was only 1 year as well. Also, they give him the team jet whenever he had interviews. Who does that? You don't give a guy the team jet to go interview for other teams if you actually want him.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave MUHerd37 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

guy will fail and be out of the league. just a hunch.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15391

Imagine leaving Reid and Mahomes for Rivera and that mess

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Nate, Bieniemy must be a terrible interview. He got passed up again.

I actually think he's crazy for taking this job. Rivera/EricB will be a terrible mix. Rivera is very conservative.
    Riverboat Ron?

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2732

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Riverboat Ron?
    Haha exactly.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2732

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Imagine making millions regardless.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Thefix13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Sounds like he couldn't even get a good OC job.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

He took the job because he knows when Rivera resigns or is fired, the Redskins will have no choice but to promote him because he's the diversity crowd's darling.

JAKEPEAVY21

If he wasn't black, we would not even be talking about the guy.

He is just a pawn for those that want to cry woe is the black man and racism.

homie1975

anyone who does not realize that the percentage of black players vs black coaches is disproportionate, and that *most* of the coaches are former players hence the ratio should be much more proportionate..........is just another ignorant fool who does not understand that oppression of blacks and women takes centuries to overcome, not just decades.
    Last edited by homie1975; 02-18-23 at 01:19 PM. Reason: ratio not ration

homie1975

and neither was Matt Nagy nor Doug Pederson, under Andy Reid. what did they do to deserve jobs?

my Gawd Whiteboy, open your phukken eyes.

JFC you are dumb.

homie1975

if he was not black or any other minority, he would be A HEAD COACH right now.

dumbasss

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

dumbasss
    Prove it........ Your comment would hold water if there weren't ANY BLACK head coaches in the NFL.... let it go....

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Prove it........ Your comment would hold water if there weren't ANY BLACK head coaches in the NFL.... let it go....
    Blacks will never let it go. All 32 head coaches can be black, then they will bitch that all 32 teams need a black GM…then that will happen and it will then be President, etc etc…it’s a cycle that won’t end. They just will never be satisfied which is a terrible way to live

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Booya

Call

Me

You

Mutherfukker.

JAKEPEAVY21

dumbasss
    I don't believe that. There is something about Bienemy that rubs people the wrong way, and it isn't that he is black. Whether it's arrogance, doesn't interview well etc there is something about him or he would have had a shot by now. Meanwhile Demeco Ryans(a black man last I checked), was hired by the Texans after numerous teams were after him.

This has everything to do with bienemy the man and nothing to do with his color.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

yes, keep believing "the tokens" are enough.

numbers do not lie.

learn ratios and proportions, then come find me.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

numbers do not lie.

Yikes now you're degrading black hires by calling them "tokens" eesh dude.....

How about this scenario..... based on the " woke" crowd going through past history from years ago...( which is BS IMHO) and organizations cowering down... This:
    Legal issues

Bieniemy was arrested along with Colorado teammate Kanavis McGhee following a bar fight in February 1988. McGhee said the dispute arose after Bieniemy alleged that he had been called a "little n*gger" by a bar patron.[11] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public and was sentenced to community service.[11] Bieniemy also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[11]
    In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, his license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after Bieniemy was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[12]
    On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[12] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[13] and was suspended for one game.[14] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[12] An assistant city attorney said that Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[12]
    On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police ,"[13] that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[5][15]
    In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[16]

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

It doesn't have to be one or the other, it's probably that both are true in this case

In addition to that incident at Colorado, if you listen to what LeSean McCoy has to say about Bieniemy, McCoy hints that Bieniemy is a moron when it comes to playcalling and also generally has poor people skills with the players he coaches

If I remember correctly Bieniemy also turned down a head coaching job from Arizona few years ago so can't blame them for going after Gannon over him

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Exactly. He could have landed somewhere else. Maybe he’s just a lucky SOB because of Mahomes and Reid. To be continued….

mjsuax13

numbers do not lie.

What’s the appropriate ratio? I think it can be better for sure and history won’t be kind on this matter but the percentage of players of color is a moving target as well. Is it 1-1? For example, 57.5% of NFL players are people of color going into 2023. In 2020 that same metric was 69.4%. That’s a large variance. Again- it can be much improved but there’s more to this Bieniemy story than we know.

homie1975

Yikes now you're degrading black hires by calling them "tokens" eesh dude.....

How about this scenario..... based on the " woke" crowd going through past history from years ago...( which is BS IMHO) and organizations cowering down... This:
    Legal issues

Bieniemy was arrested along with Colorado teammate Kanavis McGhee following a bar fight in February 1988. McGhee said the dispute arose after Bieniemy alleged that he had been called a "little n*gger" by a bar patron.[11] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public and was sentenced to community service.[11] Bieniemy also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[11]
    In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, his license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after Bieniemy was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[12]
    On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[12] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[13] and was suspended for one game.[14] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[12] An assistant city attorney said that Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[12]
    On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police ,"[13] that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[5][15]
    In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[16]
    only your last line containing 2001, happened in the last 30 years.

nice try.

watch this 1 minute vid about the legal violations in our Congress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPqCkuIIvaQ

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    What’s the appropriate ratio? I think it can be better for sure and history won’t be kind on this matter but the percentage of players of color is a moving target as well. Is it 1-1? For example, 57.5% of NFL players are people of color going into 2023. In 2020 that same metric was 69.4%. That’s a large variance. Again- it can be much improved but there’s more to this Bieniemy story than we know.
    First, the numbers. Despite that about 60 percent of the players in the NFL are African American, only 3 of the current 32 head coaches (9 percent) are African American. It has been like this for a while. Art Shell was named the head coach of the Los Angeles Raiders in 1989.Sep 29, 2022

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

same old shit on SBR. I get tired of woke, etc too, but take your blinders off and look at reality. Frank Reich took 7 Pro-Bowlers and drove that shit over a cliff and now they have the #4 pick, but gets rehired in 2 seconds over a black guy that did a solid job as an interim and was well liked.

White stiffs get recycled nonstop, but a black guy with a handful of rings has to take a lateral job. Thats reality
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave Fred The Hammer 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers? I watch NFL every Sunday and routinely see defenses with zero or 1 white guy

In 2021, about 71 percent of the players in the NFL were people of color (that is, a race other than white), while only a quarter were white, according to the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport at the University of Central Florida. The races of the other 4 percent weren't disclosed or specified.

123 Last