dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I see a lot of people complaining about the refs for KC, but I still don't think that catch by Goedert on 3 & 14 was correct.

that was 100% the right call, just for the fact it was called a catch on the field and there wasn't a clear reason to overturn. but after seeing the replays, it was actually confirmed. he did take a second to gather it, but when he started the process.. his one foot was still on the ground and just coming up.. then he got the other one down.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    What's the bottom line?

If the Eagles stopped Mahomes just once, just once every time KC has the ball in the 2H, maybe you wouldn't be crying right now.

And stop with the penalty call please.
    You can only assume what might have been if the refs kept the flag in their pocket.

You sound like that infamous attorney, Thom O. Rino when he blamed everything under the sun when TB beat KC.
    There's one reason only why KC lost that Super Bowl, they didn't score a TD all game.

There's only one reason why Philadelphia lost tonight, they allowed KC to score at will in the 2H.

Go ahead, complain all you want about a phantom call, that's what losers do.
    Man up, accept the losses and move on.
    I respectfully disagree a little here Steve, true if they stop Mahomes once in the 2nd half it's a none argument, first it was a great game that I enjoyed watching
    It was a story of 1st then 2nd half the Eagles out played KC but in football only one stat matters final score, but 2 plays changed the game and was the difference
    1) Fumble recovery for a TD
    2)65 yard punt return to the goal line
    Without these 2 plays KC never sees the ball enough in the 2nd half to win. Philly had all those long time consuming drives.
    TOP was like 36min to 24min. Congrats KC backers and over backers!
    Great Superbowl

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    i disagree. i agree with running clock out. but on 3rd down you try to score the touchdown. i have seen it countless times, kickers missing "gimme" kicks. Because the situation is different-you are under pressure.

Not only that, Philly had a chance to tie the game. Throw it to a guy he runs for 10-15 yards they could have tried a fg.

I will never forget being on the losing end of the Vikings kicker in a playoff game. This was one of those "gimme" kicks. I didn't want to watch, and I knew why.

you gotta go to youtube stupid nfl won't allow it here

or what about this one

Are you trying to argue that when McKinnon slid he should have gone into the endzone instead? Please let me know. If so, I will have to block you. I'll accept a lot of argument, but if you hold that opinion then I can't give your posts any weight.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Are you trying to argue that when McKinnon slid he should have gone into the endzone instead? Please let me know. If so, I will have to block you. I'll accept a lot of argument, but if you hold that opinion then I can't give your posts any weight.
    no i'm not arguing that. i said before, that they should try to run time off the clock. but they should try to punch it in on 3rd down minimum, debatable 2nd down.

i gave you your evidence, through video, and i have a lot more with kickers blowing extra points to tie, gimme kicks, etc.

this one i lost. instead of ohio state keep going down the field, hey we're in field goal range the odds are in my favor.
    Last edited by budwiser; 02-13-23 at 08:26 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    cry? i'm a grown man. i get absolutely nothing in return if a team ever wins a championship. oooooohhh, i get to say i'm a "fan" of a particular team if they win it all? lmao. i can turn around right now, buy a chiefs jersey and say i'm a fan of them. it makes no difference. no one cares, no one knows and i get nothing for it. never will.

i do love sports in general though. discussing, playing, wagering. you talk about everyone hating philly fans because they are insufferable.. what do you think you are? the classic sports forum guy who rambles off meaningless opinion after opinion and tries to act smug because you've made a million posts over a ridiculous amount of time.

the eagles lost. and yes, tons of people hated on them. 49er fans and players have specifically been the worst. salty fukers to the max. when was the last time they won a superbowl, mid 90's? lmao. and you talked shit all year on the eagles. i told you they would get to the superbowl. i asked you who was going to stop them. you apparently thought the niners. how'd that work out? i said the eagles would probably be 3 point underdogs or so when they meet the bills or chiefs in the superbowl. i said this back in like week 5.

so, crying? fuk out of here. my opinions were pretty spot on. i'm not firing random blanks everywhere like you.
    I talked shit all year about the eagles ? Like saying they wouldn't win the bowl? Did they? I had a niners future. It didn't work out because everything went right for Philly in that game but I accepted that and I wasn't on here crying about it. I had Phil big Time vs the giants.

Eagles were not 3 point dogs they were actually favorites yesterday and I said that KC would have to remain dogs to win that game.

You said that you guys stopped mahomes but he shit all over your vaunted defense. 38 points allowed by the so called top defense or at least top 3/4 in the league. Embarrassing. 6.1 yards per rush Allowed.

KC didn't let you guys sack there QB one damn time. What happened to Redick? Remember him? Reid made adjustments at the HF. Your teams coaches were completely outcoached in this game in every department from special teams to offense and defense. What happened to your great running game? 3.6 yards per rush. Joke.

You said that KC can only win if they turn it over 2/3 times. They didn't turn it over once. Guess who did? That's right your QB. He literally said here take this ball and go get a td.

No idea what you get as a fan if they win. Why bother even being a fan then? You can't bet on them and get something?

As for my opinions I'm on a sports discussion forum. Some right and some wrong like everyone else.

Better luck next time. The NFC stinks so Philly should be in the mix again.

budwiser

budwiser

re: kicking to win the game, i think the bottom line is you have to know your kicker. if you know your kicker is clutch, of course you go to him. you also have to know your qb.

if he knew butker would make that gimme, then yeah the formula was the right one, run the clock out and kick it. what was unreal is they then kicked the ball off, i don't know why the eagles didn't throw a quick one for 15 yards out of bounds they could have had a try for a field goal

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I talked shit all year about the eagles ? Like saying they wouldn't win the bowl? Did they? I had a niners future. It didn't work out because everything went right for Philly in that game
    that was a great 9ers future. at least i have company, lost durant for my nets future you lost all your quarterbacks

just can't predict this stuff/luck. you move on

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

no i'm not arguing that. i said before, that they should try to run time off the clock. but they should try to punch it in on 3rd down minimum, debatable 2nd down.

i gave you your evidence, through video, and i have a lot more with kickers blowing extra points to tie, gimme kicks, etc.

this one i lost. instead of ohio state keep going down the field, hey we're in field goal range the odds are in my favor.
    1. College is different.
    2. How about videos of guys fumble at the goal line trying to punch it in?
    3. He was 97-99% to make it.
    4. They handled it perfectly.

budwiser

1. College is different.
    2. How about videos of guys fumble at the goal line trying to punch it in?
    3. He was 97-99% to make it.
    4. They handled it perfectly.
    yeah i'll agree with you on this. well done. arguing over the finer points, not worth it.

too many times i've seen teams scru it up. not this time.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

re: kicking to win the game, i think the bottom line is you have to know your kicker. if you know your kicker is clutch, of course you go to him. you also have to know your qb.

if he knew butker would make that gimme, then yeah the formula was the right one, run the clock out and kick it. what was unreal is they then kicked the ball off, i don't know why the eagles didn't throw a quick one for 15 yards out of bounds they could have had a try for a field goal
    From their own 36 yard line they had 6 seconds. Let's say he might have a shot from 60 yards. That means they need to gain at least 21 yards. You want them to gain 21 yards on out of bounds play in 5 seconds? Good luck with that.

I will say though that the kick returner was stupid. If they were only going to run one hail mary, then he shouldn't have gone down so quick. He had forward momentum and probably could have gained another 8-10 yards and they still would have had time for that one play. Either take a knee immediately at 8 seconds or gain as many forward yards as possible using 6-7 seconds. Hail mary from 55 yards is way more plausible than from 64.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah i'll agree with you on this. well done. arguing over the finer points, not worth it.

too many times i've seen teams scru it up. not this time.
    It's all situational. Of course there are situations where scoring a TD or gaining more yards is wiser. This wasn't one of them. I've definitely seen teams settle for longer field goals that miss when they didn't have to.

budwiser

From their own 36 yard line they had 6 seconds. Let's say he might have a shot from 60 yards. That means they need to gain at least 21 yards. You want them to gain 21 yards on out of bounds play in 5 seconds? Good luck with that.
    You throw the ball to the receiver on a run and he runs out of bounds. if he gets 15 yards or more you kick a 60+ yarder. i think the guy kicked a 58 yarder.

is what it is, i'm happy. chiefs did good enough on that, i thought it was smart. me i kneel on 1st and 2nd down and try to punch it in on 3rd down when the eagles just think a kneel is coming. but, there's not a big difference/enough to argue about it. you were just saying there is no smart alternative.

anyways cool. chiefs win.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Time to get ready for the XFL as the season starts Feb 18th. NFL is done!

First ... 4567