McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I think the Eagles pick is mustard against my Pack. I got on the Eagles early, and I'm surprised the line hasn't moved. I think it's a bad line. Philly should be a bigger favorite.

I did a write up on GB somewhere in here if you'd like further info on my feelings on the team.

Philly has flat out OWNED GB. GB was last competitive with Philly back on the 4th and 26 game - that was it. McNabb has pretty much dominated GB otherwise.

It is worth noting that with GB having no running game to speak of, they will be in deep doo IMO throwing the ball on a very opportunistic D that is capable of making big plays and getting turnovers in the secondary. I think right there, GB will be in big big trouble. Philly would really have to stink otherwise for GB to have a shot. This is just not a good matchup for the Pack.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The total dropped to 41.5 - The OVER is now an official play for me.

So PHI -3 and OVER 41.5

Thanks for your comments guys! McBa1n, I don't think it's a total mismatch. I think the running game is the key for both teams. Even a mediocre running game looked like a top flight unit vs. Philly last season. They have to prove that has changed. I'm still thinking something like 27-20 or 27-17 final in favor of Philly!
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 09-09-07 at 11:52 AM.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    [FONT="Tahoma"]
    This is a huge game for both teams despite it being just Week #1. Philly has aspirations of being one of the top teams in the NFC and the Pack believe in a weaker NFC that they can make the playoffs. I think for this one, special teams may play a big part as well as turnovers of course. The Eagles have had a large turn over in personnel on special teams and will feature a new KR & PR this year as well as a new punter. Their new punter Sav Rocca could be a real weapon if he kicks like he did in the preseason.
    Hate being right for the wrong team! What a pathetic display by my boys out there today. Handed GB 10 points and that was that.

DoctorX79
    DoctorX79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Man terrible turnovers!!! Everytime on kick return man..........

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Unfortunately, I bought into this Philly hype today and it's the last time "I WILL EVER BET ON THESE LOSERS AGAIN" McNabb blows, as does the rest of the team.

EaglesPhan36

REGULAR SEASON WEEK #2 vs. WASHINGTON
    Kickoff at 8:30pm ET on ESPN

NOTABLE INJURIES
    PHI: CB Lito Sheppard is out. WR Greg Lewis is questionable and TE LJ Smith is probable.COLOR]

WAS: S Preston Prioleau is questionable and S Vernon Fox is doubtful. DE Phillip Daniels is also listed as doubtful.

SERIES TRENDS
    PHI is 3-2 ATS in their last 5 vs. WASH at home. PHI is 5-4-1 ATS in their last 10 vs. WASH overall. Philly has won 8 of the last 10 SU vs. WASH.

TEAM TRENDS
    UNDER is the key word for Philly. The under is 26-9-4 in their last 39 games as a fave and 12-5-2 in their last 19 Monday Night games. Philly is 11-5 ATS in their last 16 MNF appearances.

Under is strong with WASH as well, 8-3-3 in their last 14 vs. NFC. WASH is just 3-7 ATS in their last 10 MNF appearances.

THE GAME
    1. Eagles on Offense: The Eagles must run the ball to beat Washington on Monday. The Skins were tough against Miami, but after seeing the Dolphins vs. a beat-up Cowboys D, the jury is out on how good the WASH D is at this point. In this series, the Eagles as a team have rushed for over 100 yards in 5 of the last 10 games - all wins and only one did they not cover the spread.

The passing game has to open up in my opinion. Philly did not take enough shots down the field vs. GB and I think if play action is working, they can get Curtis, Brown and Co. loose down field against Washington's physical, but beatable safeties. The O-line must give McNabb time to make his progressions. They did a reasonable job vs. GB, but will need a better effort if the Eagles are to get into an offensive groove.

2. Washington on Offense: No secret what the Skins will try and do. RUN, RUN and RUN some more to keep the pressure off of QB Jason Campbell. Portis and Betts did damage vs. MIA in Game 1 and in the last 3 vs. PHI, the Skins have rushed for no less than 146 yards. If they hit near or over that number, WASH is probably winning this game. In the passing game, I look for the Skins to take some shots. With Eagles CB Lito Sheppard out with a knee injury, Moss & Randle-El should have some success vs. William James and the Eagles nickel CB Joselio Hanson.

3. Philly on Defense: Job #1 as always has to be to stop the run. Much like I preached last week vs. GB, if Philly can make the Skins a one dimensional team, they should win. Jason Campbell will be a good QB in this league, but he isn't to a level yet where he's going to win a game by himself like a Brett Favre can. Job #2 will be getting pressure on Campbell. Philly did a nice job with their front 4 getting a solid push vs. GB last week. With the Skins line a bit iffy due to new personnel, expect the Eagles to have some success again in getting after the QB. If they can do it with their front 4, they will be in good shape. Expect plenty of blitzing though to confuse Campbell.

4. WASH on Defense: Contain Brian Westbrook. He's the key in the Philly offense. In last year's two wins over the Skins, Westbrook had 126 yards from scrimmage and 150 yards from scrimmage. He was kept out of the end zone, but his running helped the Eagles tremendously.

FINAL WORDS & THE PICK
    This is close to a must-win for Philadelphia after the week 1 muffed punt debacle in Green Bay. With Dallas at 2-0 and Washington at 1-0, the Eagles need a win to avoid having to work out of a hole in the NFC East. The Skins were fortunate to escape Miami with a win in Week 1. Campbell did not play well with two picks, but the running game saved the day. Philly while not dynamic on offense basically gave their Week 1 game to GB with the two turnovers totaling 10 GB pts. I expect this game to have a defensive edge to it with turnovers (INTs) playing a key role. A big note on the Eagles special teams as they brought back Reno Mahe specifically to handle punts, so that should at the least leave them with a guy who knows how to catch a fair catch.

Pick & Play: Eagles -6.5

This game figures to be tight, but if the Eagles keep Portis and Betts in check - they should be able to wear down the Redskins defense late in the game and secure the win. I do not think Jason Campbell will make enough plays - even with a few injury questions in the Eagles secondary - for WASH to pull this one out. Brian Westbrook will be the difference maker for Philly and McNabb should improve from his week 1 #s.

(Season Record 0-2 ATS)
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 09-16-07 at 11:59 PM.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

great breakdown on this game....I agree completely...I've got this teaser
    PHI + 2 1/2
    UNDER 47 1/2

good luck...

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughtful analysis but I don't know about this statement below. That's a pretty radical assertion to make based on a game not even involving the Redskins.
    The Skins were tough against Miami, but after seeing the Dolphins vs. a beat-up Cowboys D, the jury is out on how good the WASH D is at this point.
    Last edited by eglickman; 09-17-07 at 12:08 AM.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I think 6.5 points is alot to give the Skins. I agree that the Eagles will win, but I think it's going to be a squeaker, maybe a field goal or so.

EaglesPhan36

What I mean there -eglick- is that the Dolphins offense looks pathetic, so I am not sold on the Skins ability to stifle the run based on one game. Miami did little to nothing vs. Dallas in the running game .. proving to me that perhaps their running game is sub-par and the Skins D ... the jury is still out vs. the run for me. I think the Green Bay D was just as good if not better than what Philly faces vs. WASH.

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

I must admit I am a Skins Fan before I post.

Okay Eagles Game 1: Reed is running scared from the hit squads after him. Eagles should have won by 10 I reckon. Didn't play hurry up D very well.

Skins Game 1: Dominated Miami in terms of yards but didn't put the points on the board. Okay Miami suck ass but their D is okay and some yards where put on them.

The issue you have picked up in your thread is the eagles secondary is hurt. With out doubt the Eagles are the better team but be aware the Skins can throw the ball and have a good D so anything is possible in this one.

I would not Lay -6.5 however I believe the Eagles are the play on the ML.

My other thought is on the under but it seams just a little low as the Skins may hit the Eagles Secondary or the Eagles may have a blow out.

My Play would however be under 38.5 - 2 units

EGGY6199
    EGGY6199's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eglickman View Post
    Thoughtful analysis but I don't know about this statement below. That's a pretty radical assertion to make based on a game not even involving the Redskins.

Hey that's a valid point. Miami did move the ball on the Dallas in the air while the skins held them. Eagles will therefore run the ball eating the clock and helping hit the under.

EaglesPhan36

My original prediction for this game was 20-17 Philly. If they cover the spread though, I believe the game will probably go over the total of 38.

EaglesPhan36

Sorry fellas. I guess I didn't account for our WRs regressing to pee wee level this year and not getting any separation to help the passing game. Looks like this season is gonna give me an ulcer.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry fellas. I guess I didn't account for our WRs regressing to pee wee level this year and not getting any separation to help the passing game. Looks like this season is gonna give me an ulcer.
    Sorry to hear about your eagles. Things will only get worse for philly when my Lions smoke the eagles in week 3. Looks like a 3-0 start for Detroit...

eglickman
    eglickman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like a 3-0 start for the Redskins. Giants next week..that'll be fun

First 12