Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Eagles trade with Saints

Why even do this. You give away a first to take a chance of getting a better first a year later.

[IMG] [/IMG]

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Howie a genius. Gives them another year to see if Hurts is the guy. Saints will be horrible this year

This years draft class is very weak

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Circus anymore

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Howie a genius. Gives them another year to see if Hurts is the guy. Saints will be horrible this year

Maybe he is afraid to blow three picks so he wants to get rid of two of them

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Maybe he is afraid to blow three picks so he wants to get rid of two of them
    Yeah ok

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Why even do this. You give away a first to take a chance of getting a better first a year later.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    No. If you figure the 6th for the 7th aren't that much different, Saints are moving up from #101 to #16 in exchange for giving up their next two first round picks. Of course timelines are everything, but seems like a pretty good deal for the Eagles. Same number of picks this year, but now they have an extra first rounder each of the next two seasons.

Thor4140

Yeah ok
    I thought you were being sarcastic saying Howie was a genius. I guess your really believe that wow

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I thought you were being sarcastic saying Howie was a genius. I guess your really believe that wow
    It was a great trade. This years draft class very weak. If Hurts Struggles then you have 2 #1s next year to try & get a QB.

Are you from Philly

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No. If you figure the 6th for the 7th aren't that much different, Saints are moving up from #101 to #16 in exchange for giving up their next two first round picks. Of course timelines are everything, but seems like a pretty good deal for the Eagles. Same number of picks this year, but now they have an extra first rounder each of the next two seasons.
    They pick like garbage so extra picks basically mean nothing. they should trade their picks for players. Not college kids they have no clue about. Saints will not be as bad as phillyguy thinks so losing two ones for one , than one a year later that most likely will be right around where it is this year, makes no sense to me. Remember they had three ones in the first round. Now two. Just not some super trade to me. I think the Saints got the better of the trade it not by much.

Thor4140

It was a great trade. This years draft class very weak. If Hurts Struggles then you have 2 #1s next year to try & get a QB.

Are you from Philly
    It is not a great trade and anyone worth a piss knows Hurtz blows. 25 min from philly

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

It is not a great trade and anyone worth a piss knows Hurtz blows. 25 min from philly
    Never said Hurts was the Messiah. Read my post.

Can you imagine paying 3 1st rd picks AFTER their rookie deal is up?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

They pick like garbage so extra picks basically mean nothing. they should trade their picks for players. Not college kids they have no clue about. Saints will not be as bad as phillyguy thinks so losing two ones for one , than one a year later that most likely will be right around where it is this year, makes no sense to me. Remember they had three ones in the first round. Now two. Just not some super trade to me. I think the Saints got the better of the trade it not by much.
    I think they can both get better of trade based on timelines. But with the same timeline, I'd say Eagles have a better portfolio coming from this, especially if the Saints falter the next two seasons, which is quite possible. Essentially all the Eagles did was drop from mid-first round to the third round and in exchange they got two first round picks, which who knows might be in the top 10 or top 5. Even if they are in the 20's it's not a bad deal. The more I look at it the more it looks like the Eagles got the better deal. Whether they can end up drafting well with it is another story, but either way it's picks in both directions. Now they have more bullets from which to get players.

Thor4140

Never said Hurts was the Messiah. Read my post.

Can you imagine paying 3 1st rd picks AFTER their rookie deal is up?
    That was the first thing i thought when they made the trade
    Last edited by Thor4140; 04-04-22 at 05:13 PM.

Thor4140

I think they can both get better of trade based on timelines. But with the same timeline, I'd say Eagles have a better portfolio coming from this, especially if the Saints falter the next two seasons, which is quite possible. Essentially all the Eagles did was drop from mid-first round to the third round and in exchange they got two first round picks, which who knows might be in the top 10 or top 5. Even if they are in the 20's it's not a bad deal. The more I look at it the more it looks like the Eagles got the better deal. Whether they can end up drafting well with it is another story, but either way it's picks in both directions. Now they have more bullets from which to get players.
    Only the eagles would start dealing their picks now. Imagine what you could do with them on draft day when people realize you have three and a player they want is still on the board. Why now

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

saints fuked up
    did it to draft a qb, 2023 qbs are better
    Last edited by Yulia74; 04-04-22 at 05:31 PM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

I like the trade for Philly. They have a lot of options with multiple first round picks each draft in the coming years.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is a great deal. Saints will be tanking so the Eagles may get a Top 5 pick next year out of this.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

He IS NOT the guy. If that's not clear to them by now, then its possible they are the worse talent evaluators left on Earth.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    He IS NOT the guy. If that's not clear to them by now, then its possible they are the worse talent evaluators left on Earth.
    That is why the trade is nothing unless they get someone who can evaluate talent which is never

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

Saints will be horrible this year

Saints won 9 games with 4 QBs, no OLINE, and no WRs. Im not saying you're wrong because anything could happen but I don't think you know much about this team.

Saintsfan1977

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    saints fuked up
    did it to draft a qb, 2023 qbs are better
    The Saints will be ****** if that's the plan. It's not. They will draft OT and WR

Saints wanted Watson and didn't get him. They have Winston for 2 years, Andy Dalton and Ian Book and Taysom Hill (TE) . Wtf would they draft a shit QB this year?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

I love the draft class is very weak statements when some of the best nfl players ever In history have been late round draft picks… terrible quarterback draft ect ect you got 3 rd round and later guys hall of fame careers and Brady best to ever play football but everyone knows the drafts lmao

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    I love the draft class is very weak statements when some of the best nfl players ever In history have been late round draft picks… terrible quarterback draft ect ect you got 3 rd round and later guys hall of fame careers and Brady best to ever play football but everyone knows the drafts lmao
    Wasn’t Brady drafted in 2000

You’re right. A definite miss on my part. My bad Bucker

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan1977 View Post
    Saints won 9 games with 4 QBs, no OLINE, and no WRs. Im not saying you're wrong because anything could happen but I don't think you know much about this team.
    They will finish higher than Philly. weird how all these guys think the Saints suck all of a sudden

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

PhillyGuy you are such a Homer man

Saints are a solid squad, Eagles are missing too many pieces & Hurts is terrible, let's be honest.

Stop seeing the football world thru those rose colored glasses of yours

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

They will finish higher than Philly. weird how all these guys think the Saints suck all of a sudden
    Thor shoot me a PM. Can wager if you like

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Why would the saints just give away 1st and a 2nd!! Back to the aints and brown bags !! Gotta be missing something?

pilebuck13

Wasn’t Brady drafted in 2000

You’re right. A definite miss on my part. My bad Bucker
    Not just talking about Brady there’s a long list

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Not just talking about Brady there’s a long list
    My comment was meant towards the QB draft class of next as opposed to this year. Apologies

pilebuck13

My comment was meant towards the QB draft class of next as opposed to this year. Apologies
    Nothing to apologize just saying all these guys who get paid big bucks to analyze quarterbacks and the draft are usually terribly wrong that’s all I’m saying
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

how can anyone NOT think this was a great trade for the eagles? they basically got a free 3rd rounder this year and a free 2nd rounder in 2 years.. all for delaying one of their picks until next year.

even if the saints are OK, the pick should be around the same spot in 2023. it's questionable how good they can be, so maybe they even hit a top 10. but the obvious part is the QB class is way better. this allows them to BS and say hurts is the man while they plan their next move.

the saints are in a rush and the eagles jumped on it.

Saintsfan1977

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Why would the saints just give away 1st and a 2nd!! Back to the aints and brown bags !! Gotta be missing something?
    Simple. They get 2 players in the first to fill needs. If Sean Payton coaches another team next year, we get a first fir him since he's still under contract. Think about it.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Great trade for both teams.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan1977 View Post
    Do they have the same coach this coming season?

Saintsfan1977

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Do they have the same coach this coming season?
    Coaching staff, yes. HC, no. I get your point. We will see how much Payton was worth in wins. It's very possible this team blows without him, but it's also possible that the coaches here now stick with the plan that was working. We'll see. I don't play team over /unders on wins. I think 8 is right on the money but Allen hasn't had success as a HC. We'll see if his faults show up this year. I don't think this team will be a, perennial playoff team anymore but there is still a great group of players here.

12 Last