ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3515

4th and 1 terrible play call

Running the ball great and the passing game was getting shut down the whole 4th qtr, yet instead of feeding mixon you drop back and try to throw on 4th and 1. They easily get it to ot because the rams d woulda been playing no td.

Oh well I guess they coulda lost in ot anyways.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

No, the 3rd and 1 was a horrible play call.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Bad call. Bad game.

Wrongside

I’ve been saying it on here a lot ever since the Raiders game. Bengals winning despite their coaches…

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    I’ve been saying it on here a lot ever since the Raiders game. Bengals winning despite their coaches…
    New age coaches are terrible. Chargers woulda been the #1 seed this year if it wasnt for their dildo coach.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

I was shocked they even went for it at that part of the field that early in the game .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mixon did not get ball enough

3rd and 1 and Perine gets ball , he is garbage

Lol

Wrongside

Mixon was running like a man who wanted it…

Wrongside

Perine looked like his main goal was not to fumble…

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Bengals fans have complained about the play calling all year. This was nothing new.

Wrongside

Perine looked like his main goal was not to fumble…
    Also, not to drop it, that’s why he didn’t try to catch last throw…

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Agreed.

Mixon never lost yrds

3rd and 1 super bowl on the line and you go SHOT GUN with your BACK UP RB....

If your gunna run the ball you have to give it to Mixon regardless.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Running the ball great and the passing game was getting shut down the whole 4th qtr, yet instead of feeding mixon you drop back and try to throw on 4th and 1. They easily get it to ot because the rams d woulda been playing no td.

I was shocked that they were in pass formation on a 4th and 1 with Mixon as their Beast runner. What were they averaging at that point? Something like 4 yards per rush and this was at the end of the game so the Rams run defense must have been tired in this spot.

Not to mention the Bengals' QB getting sacked 6 times on the 2nd half. Just a dumb call.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't like the play call but to say the Bengals were running the ball great is absurd. Their running game was inconsistent all night, and the Bengals running game has been inconsistent all year.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I didn't like the play call but to say the Bengals were running the ball great is absurd. Their running game was inconsistent all night, and the Bengals running game has been inconsistent all year.
    In the 4th quarter i said

thomorino

In the 4th quarter i said
    The Bengals had 2 runs in the entire 4th quarter for more than 5 yards, to say they were running the ball great is a big exaggeration.

I do think the play call was bad, but the Bengals were not running the ball very well, even in the 4th quarter.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Well if you get stuffed on 3rd and 1 it's hard to come back to another run play on 4th and 1.

I mean I don't know if the 4th down call was any worse than the previous two downs, but the bottom line is they blew that series after picking up 9 yards on first down. You absolutely have to move the chains there.
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave Eddy Munny 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thomorino

The Bengals made a number of coaching mistakes in the 4th quarter. They should have called a timeout before the 4th down play the Rams ran to get the first down on there own 30. They should have just put Burrow under center and done a QB sneak on 2nd and 1. Their zone was far too soft on the Rams go ahead drive given there was over 4 minutes left in the game.

Taylor did not coach well.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

The problem is you have Perine who shouldn’t be running the ball. It should be mixon. They asked Perine to get 1 yard twice in the game and he couldn’t do it. Darnold pulled him backward with one arm.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    The problem is you have Perine who shouldn’t be running the ball. It should be mixon. They asked Perine to get 1 yard twice in the game and he couldn’t do it. Darnold pulled him backward with one arm.
    Perine, just doesn’t seem to care. Do you recall the Titans Int?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Donald not Darnold, Darnold is a quarter for Carolina little guy.

thomorino

Perine, just doesn’t seem to care. Do you recall the Titans Int?
    The issue is much more the Bengals offensive line than the running backs, which is why they didn't run to begin with, even though the play call was bad.

Wrongside

Joe was in a rhythm, defense was scared. Give him two cracks at it, and he’s completing one of the- end of story

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

My feeling is.... if it's 3rd and 1 in most situations..... and you plan on going for it on 4th down anyways.... you run it twice. If you can't get a yard running it twice.... just get off the fukking field... you don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    My feeling is.... if it's 3rd and 1 in most situations..... and you plan on going for it on 4th down anyways.... you run it twice. If you can't get a yard running it twice.... just get off the fukking field... you don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl.
    Agree, and you should sneak it when you have a 6 foot 5 quarterback. But I don't think they should run on 4th down given the Rams had dominated their offensive line in the middle with Donald all night.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

LB said that donald was most over rated player in league but

Donald made the stop on the 3rd and 1 run and on 4th and 1 rams only rushed 4 and Donald beat the LG to the outside not giving the center a chance to help out and got to Burrow

Donald made the sack on a 3rd and 3 when Bengals were up 17-13 forced the FG to keep it a 1 score game

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    LB said that donald was most over rated player in league but

Donald made the stop on the 3rd and 1 run and on 4th and 1 rams only rushed 4 and Donald beat the LG to the outside not giving the center a chance to help out and got to Burrow

Donald made the sack on a 3rd and 3 when Bengals were up 17-13 forced the FG to keep it a 1 score game
    Donald is one of the greatest football players ever, regardless of position, and proved it tonight on the biggest stage.

Rams' defense might actually look pretty sketchy if AD wasn't constantly wreaking havoc in the middle.

Laker always feels the need dish out some outlandish take or clickbait thread title. I guess he thinks it's edgy.

thomorino

Donald could basically win defensive player of the year every year. The voters like to mix it up, but he's the best defensive player in football by a mile.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Poor play calling Cincy

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

They had 2 play to get one yard ..why not run 2 time ..bad play calling on Cincinnati coach