Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by Buckandadime View Post
    Its pretty hilarious when you look at his stats..
    I just consider the source..
    He's averaging over 200 yds a game( that was after last nights game), hitting a 70% completion rate and has a 97 rating..
    NE is becoming more of a complete team each week including the QB..
    Most are dinks where they run far

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

bandwagons fill up until they get knocked over.

quality of football this year is poor all around in NFL.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Its pretty hilarious when you look at his stats..
    I just consider the source..
    He's averaging over 200 yds a game( that was after last nights game), hitting a 70% completion rate and has a 97 rating..
    NE is becoming more of a complete team each week including the QB..
    Anyone can have those kind of stats when you throw 1-5 yard passes. I wouldn't have him even in my top 20 quarterbacks.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1165

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Most are dinks where they run far
    If that were the case and I'm not saying its not, why isn't everyone using that gameplan?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackpot269

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Seriously doubtful. Teams with quarterbacks that can't pass are rarely dangerous in the playoffs. When it comes to 3rd and longs you need an elite qb in the playoffs.
    the kid can pass lol just cause they didnt pass in this particular game doesnt mean he couldnt. the kid has had multiple 300+ yd games.. Mcdaniels just saw ruinning the ball would win them the game. i dont think it was a factor of "we cant trust mac jones to throw the ball"

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 859

If that were the case and I'm not saying its not, why isn't everyone using that gameplan?
    Mac Jones is exactly the kind of QB Bill B wants in New England and because he executes the game-plan well, they are improving each week. They’ve won 7 in a row. That’s really not easy to do with any game-plan/any QB. Speaks volumes to the approach being best for them. Not sure where it goes in the long run but will be interesting to see play out.

Buckandadime
    Act as if

NFL

NFL Team Leaderboards: Receiving

Receiving Categories: Receiving Yards Receiving Touchdowns Receptions YAC for Receivers Yards/Catch Passes Dropped Big Catches (>25 yd) Longest Reception Receiving First Downs %First Downs/Reception Receptions Inside Opponents' 20 Receptions Inside Opponents' 10 100 Yard Receivers For 100 Yard Receivers Against NFL | NFC | AFC

© Copyright 2021 by STATS. Any Commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.

Buckandadime
    Act as if

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Mac Jones is exactly the kind of QB Bill B wants in New England and because he executes the game-plan well, they are improving each week. They’ve won 7 in a row. That’s really not easy to do with any game-plan/any QB. Speaks volumes to the approach being best for them. Not sure where it goes in the long run but will be interesting to see play out.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I won't forget this game for the longest time. If you're the defensive coordinator of the bills... you have to stop the damn run. You can't allow New England to pick up first downs on 3 straight runs... (knowing it's coming right at you.) This was a "true game" in which some typical football fundamentals you throw out the window... and make Mac Jones audible out of the run to a pass... make him beat you. Stack more guys in the box. Big deal if they get lucky and beat you one on one over the top for 20-30 yards. It was flat out embarrassing if you were a Bills fan... to get beat in your own stadium... on non stop runs.

If you look at Belichick's reaction at the end of the game.... looked like a kid opening up their first present at Christmas time. When does Bill ever show emotion like that? He knew he got away with one. But it also shows you how flat out retarded the Bills coaching staff is.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I won't forget this game for the longest time. If you're the defensive coordinator of the bills... you have to stop the damn run. You can't allow New England to pick up first downs on 3 straight runs... (knowing it's coming right at you.) This was a "true game" in which some typical football fundamentals you throw out the window... and make Mac Jones audible out of the run to a pass... make him beat you. Stack more guys in the box. Big deal if they get lucky and beat you one on one over the top for 20-30 yards. It was flat out embarrassing if you were a Bills fan... to get beat in your own stadium... on non stop runs.

If you look at Belichick's reaction at the end of the game.... looked like a kid opening up their first present at Christmas time. When does Bill ever show emotion like that? He knew he got away with one. But it also shows you how flat out retarded the Bills coaching staff is.
    Your acting like they just ran it up the middle. There were technical aspects to that run scheme last night that was just pure genius. That said, the Bills have been atrocious against the run.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Bills are trash, first round exit for sure

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Colts patriots will be interesting. Coin flip game. I see colys stopping the run and coming after mac and winning!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Your acting like they just ran it up the middle. There were technical aspects to that run scheme last night that was just pure genius. That said, the Bills have been atrocious against the run.
    lol Tactical running.... when you know it's coming at you? lol ok. Never heard that in my life.

Nothing tactical about it... if you know the run is coming... you LOOK FOR IT. lol

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11909

Colts patriots will be interesting. Coin flip game. I see colys stopping the run and coming after mac and winning!
    This game will be a must watch...

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    lol Tactical running.... when you know it's coming at you? lol ok. Never heard that in my life.

Nothing tactical about it... if you know the run is coming... you LOOK FOR IT. lol
    Bro I don’t even know where to start with this. First off I wrote technical, not tactical. Your acting like Buffalo was playing the pass. The gameplan by New England was sheer genius. I honestly feel bad for anyone who didn’t recognize that and wasn’t able to enjoy it. Belichick was even wearing a Navy mask in his pre game presser. They had no intention of throwing the ball. Only thing he “got away with” was outsmarting his opponent. Have you ever heard of misdirection? Blocking schemes? Go look at the 64 yard touchdown run. Buffalo was playing the run. They were “LOOKING FOR IT” New England was schemed up to take advantage of how and where they were “LOOKING FOR IT” Thry sold it to the outside where Buffalo was “LOOKING FOR IT” and they cut it back inside and took advantage of the aggressiveness. NFL defense isn’t as simple as “LOOK FOR IT” and you can stop it. You honestly sound like your trying to say Buffalo was just dropping back into coverage and kept playing the pass. It’s not Joe Montana football on Sega genesis where it’s just run right, left, or up the middle. Sometimes they might kick an offensive lineman all the way to the outside, they might change which gap they try to open up from the same formation with the same play. They might run a misdirection and so on and so forth. Like I said there are dozens of technical aspects that can be drawn up or schemed up that make it difficult to just “LOOK FOR IT” Belichik has been studying the triple option longer than you or I have been alive. Guy has a fukking office at the Naval Academy for crying out loud. That was one of the best regular season offensive coaching jobs/gameplans I have seen in quite sometime.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Bro I don’t even know where to start with this. First off I wrote technical, not tactical. Your acting like Buffalo was playing the pass. The gameplan by New England was sheer genius. I honestly feel bad for anyone who didn’t recognize that and wasn’t able to enjoy it. Belichick was even wearing a Navy mask in his pre game presser. They had no intention of throwing the ball. Only thing he “got away with” was outsmarting his opponent. Have you ever heard of misdirection? Blocking schemes? Go look at the 64 yard touchdown run. Buffalo was playing the run. They were “LOOKING FOR IT” New England was schemed up to take advantage of how and where they were “LOOKING FOR IT” Thry sold it to the outside where Buffalo was “LOOKING FOR IT” and they cut it back inside and took advantage of the aggressiveness. NFL defense isn’t as simple as “LOOK FOR IT” and you can stop it. You honestly sound like your trying to say Buffalo was just dropping back into coverage and kept playing the pass. It’s not Joe Montana football on Sega genesis where it’s just run right, left, or up the middle. Sometimes they might kick an offensive lineman all the way to the outside, they might change which gap they try to open up from the same formation with the same play. They might run a misdirection and so on and so forth. Like I said there are dozens of technical aspects that can be drawn up or schemed up that make it difficult to just “LOOK FOR IT” Belichik has been studying the triple option longer than you or I have been alive. Guy has a fukking office at the Naval Academy for crying out loud. That was one of the best regular season offensive coaching jobs/gameplans I have seen in quite sometime.
    My wife and my in-laws are the biggest NE homers on the planet.
    When they moved Sony Michel out west, she didn't understand it.

I said to her after week two of pre-season, keep an eye on Stephenson that Belichick is wicked high on.
    You'll see.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

I agree, they won't get bailed out by weather and luck this time.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Good thing the pats didn’t draft a QB in the first round.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Games started where your opponent scores 7 or less:

Derek Carr = 1 time in 122 starts
    Kirk Cousins = 1 time in 119 starts
    Mac Jones = 4 times in 13 starts

Summary:

Belechik is the greatest defensive mind in NFL history. Its a little Mac but mostly Belechik. With Brady it was alot of Brady but more Belechik.

Can't even count the times Brady throws for 200 and he wins (SB last year). The QBs I root for like Peyton Manning and Rodgers have to throw for 300/2-3 tds with no more then 1 turnover to even be in the game

First 12