pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is how you fix teams tanking in NFL and NBA

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/schalke...152707269.html

Schalke players attacked by fans after getting relegated from Bundesliga

Schalke fans did not handle the team's relegation from Bundesliga well. Fans of the club verbally berated and threw eggs at players when the team arrived back at Veltins Arena, according to Stephan Uersfeld of ESPN.

As the team returned to its home stadium, a group of 500 to 600 fans waited for the team, according to Gelsenkirchen police. Once players got off the bus, "eggs were thrown at them and they were verbally abused," police said. The police statement said authorities were able to prevent further escalation.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

the players on the NFL and NBA trams don't tank

assault the front offices for their moves

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love violence and sports

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

When you hire Ivy League dorks running sports team, you get shifts in baseball, walks, using 1 million relievers, tanking and shooting a gazillion three point shots. Luckily, analytics can’t ruin football.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

"We were told loud and clear that we should be ashamed of ourselves and all the players, who won't be here next year, should f--- off from now on," the player is reported as saying. "If that doesn't happen, life would be made a living hell for us.

"We were pelted with eggs, firecrackers went off and the situation escalated completely. The fans attacked us. We just ran. It was fear, pure fear! I was just running. Some of us got kicked and punched. I am shocked, and I don't know how we are going to compete in the next games. I also don't understand why we were exposed to the fans this way in the first place. The club said that there would only be a short exchange. Meanwhile, the police waited away from that situation."

Schalke said "limits were overstepped" and "for all the understandable frustration and anger because of the relegation into Bundesliga 2, the club will never accept if the physical integrity of its players and staff is put at risk. But that is exactly what happened last night through the act of individuals."

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I like the idea of relegation in pro sports and a much much lower cap to limit the players from forming dream teams

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I like the idea of relegation in pro sports and a much much lower cap to limit the players from forming dream teams
    If the fans want it then it could happen. But the sports media here sugarcoats it and starts presenting it for teams like the Jets and Jaguars last season that it is a "good thing" to lose and shoot for the #1 pick. If there was a threat of sitting out one year from the NFL I'd bet you these coaches and players would find a way to win 1 or 2 games so they will not finish last.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It's fantastic imo. You better believe that the players would be playing all or mostly all of the games. Also they should do a draft lottery once the season is over including the playoffs for nba and nfl. Every team should be in the lottery not just the bottom feeders.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

well the damage has already been done, wasting eggs ain't gonna solve anything...

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

LOL America has sit & clap fans, Europe has crazy fans...

Simple way to fix tanking is to stop rewarding it. Obvious solution to an obvious problem. Just let players sign where they want to and at what ever price they want -no ladder. Salary cap will keep it somewhat fair. Title contenders aren't going to fork out a tonne of money for a rookie anyway.

IBetYou

NBA has bigger problems than tanking. Down right shading refereeing driving up the scorelines on a nightly basis. Every game multiple egregious calls gifting a guy FTs. Clear mandate there.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Would be racist if you did that in usa

IBetYou

Tanking already... began at the beginning of the month with the Grizz sitting a 10 players or so... now Blazers doing it. Hornets are probably telling Ball don't hurry back. Race to the bottom! Many games every season where one team has their GM undermining them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Tanking already... began at the beginning of the month with the Grizz sitting a 10 players or so... now Blazers doing it. Hornets are probably telling Ball don't hurry back. Race to the bottom! Many games every season where one team has their GM undermining them.
    Let's not chalf too much up to the GMs, Basketball has become a hangout for all these guys. It's a watered down shit excuse for a product where pride has gone out the window.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Let's not chalf too much up to the GMs, Basketball has become a hangout for all these guys. It's a watered down shit excuse for a product where pride has gone out the window.
    yep its long gone, been atleast a decade if not about to be

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    LOL America has sit & clap fans, Europe has crazy fans...

Simple way to fix tanking is to stop rewarding it. Obvious solution to an obvious problem. Just let players sign where they want to and at what ever price they want -no ladder. Salary cap will keep it somewhat fair. Title contenders aren't going to fork out a tonne of money for a rookie anyway.
    That would work like a charm but the salary cap would have to be a hard cap; no deferring payments, etc.

IBetYou

I posted that a few years ago. I guess the reason they wont do that is they don't want 18yo kids signing 150mil contracts right out of the gates and then not giving a hoot

They would have to keep in place the rookie scale contract thing, but just enlarge it so that the HAVEs don't scoop up all the best talent cheaply.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 02-10-24 at 04:30 PM.

IBetYou

Spurs under my microscope now

Had a good run of form but then they trade McDermott... that hurts. Do they want to win? Will coach play Wemby close to 40mins? I don't think so.