Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Weigh in on NFL 17 game regular season.

4 years ago I would be 5% happy with another week to bet on.

And 95% angry because... Get off my lawn, stop changing, stop blasting that noise...what about the records?

Today I'm 98% happy

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Eh...doesn't matter for 28 teams

Only 4 teams have a QB good enough to win

Would have been better in 80s/ 90s

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

ehhh can we shorten baseball to 100 games
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe, bigtymer56, and SamsNCharge99

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I don't see where they cut the pre-season games down? Is that happening??

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

16 is enough

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Unbalanced home and away games will be a problem. Teams playing 9 road games each year will be at a huge disadvantage every year and its going to happen every year that its an odd number of games. No more .500 seasons is going to cost a lot of people their jobs too.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 03-28-21 at 01:52 PM.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

cutting into women's tennis

pass

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    cutting into women's tennis

pass

the response that I think we all expected

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Unbalanced home and away games will be a problem. Teams playing 9 road games each year will be at a huge disadvantage every year and its going to happen every year that its an odd number of games. No more .500 seasons is going to cost a lot of people their jobs too.
    any opportunity to have nearly everyone play a "neutral" game every year post covid? we already had the growing international NFL games.

why not have every team that is not playing overseas, do a a neutral game in a biggish state without an NFL team in a college stadium..

think of a game in Oklahoma City, Wichita, Salt Lake City, Lincoln NE, Sioux City Iowa ect

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

NFL going bad.

after Brady is done, I'm done.

hopefully 5 more years.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

Good point

Might be possible to give every team 1 neutral site game ?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

They will merely alternate each year

Hman

Ridding of 2 preseason games & add 1 regular season game sounds like the best option

Now time for MLB to get rid of half of these useless spring training games

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Hman has it. All about the money to the owners they don't care with the alternating years.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post

Now time for MLB to get rid of half of these useless spring training games
    getting the starters arms ready and stretched out, especially now that they are one sport travel ball pussy arms, would still require the same amount of time to get ready for the season...

so pitchers and catchers could still report late Feb, and then they don't play official spring training games, but the teams would still just do intrasquad games, and the games would begin in early April as always.

it's all dependent on a starter being able to throw 85-100 pitches come early April.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

They will merely alternate each year
    Read it again. Every year half the teams will play 9 road games as long as there are an odd number of games. Every year there are 17 games half of the teams will play 9 road games. A 16 game slate allowed every team that didn’t play in London or Mexico to half the same number of home games as road games. That can’t happen with 17 games. Half the teams will play more road games than home games. That’s a disadvantage for half the teams every year there are an odd number of games.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Sounds like 48 more hrs of commercials.

Hman

Read it again. Every year half the teams will play 9 road games as long as there are an odd number of games. Every year there are 17 games half of the teams will play 9 road games. A 16 game slate allowed every team that didn’t play in London or Mexico to half the same number of home games as road games. That can’t happen with 17 games. Half the teams will play more road games than home games. That’s a disadvantage for half the teams every year there are an odd number of games.

Yes but the following year the schedule makers will award the other teams more home games

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just another gambling week no big deal

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Yes but the following year the schedule makers will award the other teams more home games
    17 games won’t last. Its a competitive disadvantage for half the teams to play more road games than home games every year even if they do alternate each year. More teams will have losing records also since .500 is no longer an option. A playoff field with a bunch of 10-7, 9-8, 8-9, 7-10 seasons is not the NFL’s idea of excellence. A team that loses 7+ games will consistently make the playoffs. Ugly.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

17 games won’t last. Its a competitive disadvantage for half the teams to play more road games than home games every year even if they do alternate each year. More teams will have losing records also since .500 is no longer an option. A playoff field with a bunch of 10-7, 9-8, 8-9, 7-10 seasons is not the NFL’s idea of excellence. A team that loses 7+ games will consistently make the playoffs. Ugly.
    agreed. you are going to see 8-9 teams in the playoffs more so sub 500 gets rewarded. that is not good.

as a gambler and fan of redzone sundays, selfishly i love it. as a purest for stats and standings, i am not crazy about.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

yeah?

you think will see a bunch of 8-9 playoff teams?

Last year we had a couple 8-8 playoff teams in a super weird year. I couldn't tell you how long it had been since we'd seen that? at least a good 5 years.

I bet we've seen 8-8 or worse teams in the playoffs 10-12 times in my lifetime.

I didn't kill myself anytime that happened. I don't think i'll take my life if I see a 8-9 or 7-10 team make it, due to the NFC EAST sucking dix or whatever. An extra game actually doesn't make that more likely, it makes it less likely anyways.

IMO, that's just looking for a reason to complain

Hman

Home Field??

Tampa Bay just swept 3 games on the road to reach the Super Bowl

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yeah?

Last year we had a couple 8-8 playoff teams in a super weird year. I couldn't tell you how long it had been since we'd seen that? at least a good 5 years.

I didn't kill myself anytime that happened. I don't think i'll take my life if I see a 8-9 or 7-10 team make it, due to the NFC EAST sucking dix or whatever. An extra game actually doesn't make that more likely, it makes it less likely anyways.

So teams that can't win half of their games in a regular season makes for great playoff football?? Teams don't get better or healthier in the playoffs. The same reason that rewarding 6-6 teams with bowl games is not feasible either. You are probably not any good if you can't win half of your games. If that is the case let all the teams make the playoffs since winning in the regular season doesn't matter.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

yeah?

https://www.sportscasting.com/how-ma...losing-record/

You are either 13 years or 113 years old. It's 5 teams that have made the playoffs in NFL history, including the 2020 WFT, with a losing record and two of those teams were 4-5 during the strike shortened 1982 season. So maybe you are thinking about The NCAA tournament or NCAAF when it comes to welcoming mediocrity to a playoff system that JUST expanded to 14 teams. Only twice during the 12 team NFL playoffs did a losing team make the playoffs. Excellence is rewarded in the NFL, lots of 10-6 and 11-5 have missed the playoffs than losing teams making it. So you may be talking XFL, CFL, or arena league when it has happened 10-12 times.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

8-8 teams

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

8-8 teams
    There can’t be anymore 8-8 teams under the 17 game season.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

I confirmed the math.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

need get rid of the disaster thur night games

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

They can still be 8-8-1

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I'm saying. We currently don't see a huge amount of 8-8 teams getting into the playoffs

you think adding a game to a season is all the sudden going to result in horrible playoffs with 8-9 teams? left and right?

no it will be less than the current rare 8-8 or 7-9 teams we see in the playoffs in the current system

yeah?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

show me the money

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153408

should've made it 18

take 2 away from preseason and then allow the first 2 weeks to have expanded rosters for further cuts

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Love it

Great for Books

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

yeah?

IMO, taking your life is a big stretch to not liking something. no one is saying it is that serious.

i personally don't like that washington got in this year below 500. i think with an added game you are going to get the 8-9 team in now as a replacement for the 8-8 team that got in a year ago. will it happen often? hopefully not. but i think it happens.

in football, with a low amount of games, i feel you should be at least at 500 to get in to the playoffs. that is just me. i get seaborne's point about the records. a 9-7 team getting in looks better than a 9-8 getting in. i think if you increase you need to keep it even and leave a 500 as a possibility. i like orbison's suggestion of 18 games but i don't think players will do it.

as a gambler i love more games. i think we all agree there.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

12 Last