KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

NFL Playoffs Were Trash

Was there more than two competitive games this entire playoffs?

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153492

they really were awful, didn't really end up paying too much attention to any of them

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The current state of all peo sports except hockey is really sad.

It's uncompetitive, boring, referee induced outcomes with 0 defense and a bunch of out of touch thugs crying about equality.

You can see why the NFL tried so hard to get pretty boys Brady/Rodgers/Brees into the big game....that's all they've got left for a clean image.

Baseball this year can't be anymore boring than last year can it?

NBA is a dead brand now based on ratings and market interest in bottom 12 markets. It might as well contract 6 teams.

KRIT

NBA is always compelling in playoffs. You get big names in almost every series. You can get matchups where you can have like four of the top 15 players on the court at once.

MLB playoffs are always great. Big matchups and plenty of big moments.

March Madness is probably the best. Huge games, big upsets and you get to see matchups you wouldn’t expect.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

I'm not even convinced the Bucs were the best team. The Saints, and especially the Packers, squandered opportunities to eliminate the Bucs and of course Tampa then cashed in their chips, playing with house money and facing a Chiefs team with a decimated offensive line. Even given that, the refs made sure Brady had a huge edge heading into halftime, rendering KC one dimensional from that point forward, further highlighting the Chiefs' deficiencies up front.

But it's whatever... I made money on the U56 and O3.5 total sacks for the game so I'm not bellyaching as a bettor, only as an observer. The NFL is an abomination of a product and the playoffs were no different than the regular season. Brady is overrated but nobody wants to hear that right now, it's borderline sacrilege. I enjoy betting on the game of football but that's about it.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

It's uncompetitive, boring, referee induced outcomes with 0 defense and a bunch of out of touch thugs crying about equality.

You can see why the NFL tried so hard to get pretty boys Brady/Rodgers/Brees into the big game....that's all they've got left for a clean image.

NBA is a dead brand now based on ratings and market interest in bottom 12 markets. It might as well contract 6 teams.
    what did you find more boring about baseball last year than in previous seasons? i'm actually looking forward to the steady routine of baseball

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Hockey is the best because it seems to be the only sport left where an 8 seed has a legitimate chance to win every single year if they get hot.

8 seeds?
    NBA = NEVER (don't even watch a second until the Finals and if I'm betting the game), already could care less before the BLM onslaught propaganda
    MLB = TB Rays made things interesting with low salary but its still always the highest money teams
    NFL = Football is football. People still want their football. Once in a while a 6 seed can make a run and win.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

90 penalty yards from refs throwing flags in just the 2nd quarter alone

and the most blatant one showing just what was about to happen was when brady had an unfortunate tipped short pass get picked off (happens to all QBs) a part of the game

only to have the refs see what happened so they instantly throw a flag to save him... then you see the replay and the DB played good close defense on a route that didn't go past 5 yards

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    what did you find more boring about baseball last year than in previous seasons? i'm actually looking forward to the steady routine of baseball
    i like the steadiness of baseball also. day in, day out have a lot of games and good to look for hot teams and trends.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    NBA is always compelling in playoffs. You get big names in almost every series. You can get matchups where you can have like four of the top 15 players on the court at once.

MLB playoffs are always great. Big matchups and plenty of big moments.

March Madness is probably the best. Huge games, big upsets and you get to see matchups you wouldn’t expect.
    I agree, march Madness is the best. Even conference tournaments are great but are we going to have it this year?

The NBA has lost that angle due to these super teams...There's no rivalry or compelling reason to watch the top half of the seeds whip the irrelevant and undeserved second teir of playoff teams, mostly midwestern. There's no draw there except maybe Milwaukee.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    i like the steadiness of baseball also. day in, day out have a lot of games and good to look for hot teams and trends.
    i really hope they don't delay the season at all, spring training supposed to start in 9 days

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bottom line. Blacks are ruining sports. They have destroyed the NBA. It is worthless. A bunch of worthless overpaid tough guys who think they are worth something. NFL is now 70% black and has a Liberal Commish who loves blacks and could care about others. He was all upset because owners pass over assistant Coaches like Bienemy because he is black, or so the dumb f**k Commish thinks. Obviously the truth is simply this. Bienemy does not have the talent needed to become a HC. College sports is a joke. They just grab the best athletes they can, have them play for a couple of years, and then dump them.Baseball is too long and boring. I agree. Hockey is the best, and College Hokey is excellent.

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Bottom line. Blacks are ruining sports. They have destroyed the NBA. It is worthless. A bunch of worthless overpaid tough guys who think they are worth something. NFL is now 70% black and has a Liberal Commish who loves blacks and could care about others. He was all upset because owners pass over assistant Coaches like Bienemy because he is black, or so the dumb f**k Commish thinks. Obviously the truth is simply this. Bienemy does not have the talent needed to become a HC. College sports is a joke. They just grab the best athletes they can, have them play for a couple of years, and then dump them.Baseball is too long and boring. I agree. Hockey is the best, and College Hokey is excellent.
    Youre not really qualified to speak about this. You’re an old fat idiot and known criminal.

NFL coaching is the most over rated thing in sports. Just look what Brady did without Bill. I could be the coach of the pats or tbay with Brady and win Super Bowls. These are player leagues. Coaching means nothing on the pro level.
    Last edited by vitterd; 02-08-21 at 03:32 PM.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Youre not really qualified to speak about this. You’re an old fat idiot and know criminal.

NFL coaching is the most over rated thing in sports. Just look what Brady did without Bill. I could be the coach of the pats or tbay with Brady and win Super Bowls. These are player leagues. Coaching means nothing on the pro level.
    what a dumbass

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Youre not really qualified to speak about this. You’re an old fat idiot and know criminal.

I can understand why you would think this way, but I strongly disagree. Bellichek was so good because he would take away the opposing teams best offensive player in the playoffs (among some of his defensive schemes). They won "many" of the bowls by their defense and good coaching. Remember the Brady, Moss, Welker, Edelman, Stallworth dream team that went 16-0 all offense and lost in the SB? No way the Giants beat them without............excellent coaching and defensive schemes by none other than (Spagnuolo).

Bowles had 2 weeks and guess what? He took Tyreek Hill OUT of that game. PERIOD. I think that was why Mahomes was flustered TOO. He couldn't find a way to get Hill the ball. THAT IS 100% PROVING that coaching does matter. And TB secondary wasn't known to be filled with Jalen Ramsey's either.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    what a dumbass
    Barry Switzer won a super bowl. Andy Reid is awful and he’s won one. Doug Pederson is clueless. It’s all who ya got in nfl.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I can understand why you would think this way, but I strongly disagree. Bellichek was so good because he would take away the opposing teams best offensive player in the playoffs (among some of his defensive schemes). They won "many" of the bowls by their defense and good coaching. Remember the Brady, Moss, Welker, Edelman, Stallworth dream team that went 16-0 all offense and lost in the SB? No way the Giants beat them without............excellent coaching and defensive schemes by none other than (Spagnuolo).

Bowles had 2 weeks and guess what? He took Tyreek Hill OUT of that game. PERIOD. I think that was why Mahomes was flustered TOO. He couldn't find a way to get Hill the ball. THAT IS 100% PROVING that coaching does matter. And TB secondary wasn't known to be filled with Jalen Ramsey's either.
    Boweles game was plan was simple and it’s what many teams tried to do against KC. Take away the deep ball and make them go underneath. Well, KC offensive line was depleted yesterday and TB front 7 is the best in football. Plus you could see Maholmes toe was hurting him. It was not some genius game plan. It’s been done before, it just so happens that Kc was hurt up front and tb is very good there. Maholmes was running for his life

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Bieniemy was arrested a couple times in college and in his adult time has choked and threatened a woman plus has a couple DUI's among other issues. as far as his 'talent' is concerned, this is still Andy Reid's offense 100% and Bieniemy is a lackey according to Chiefs fans

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Boweles game was plan was simple and it’s what many teams tried to do against KC. Take away the deep ball and make them go underneath. Well, KC offensive line was depleted yesterday and TB front 7 is the best in football. Plus you could see Maholmes toe was hurting him. It was not some genius game plan. It’s been done before, it just so happens that Kc was hurt up front and tb is very good there. Maholmes was running for his life

You can excuse away coaching all you want. If we go back through many SB's we can't make up excuses about line being hurt, toe being hurt, etc. Good coaching has won many Super Bowls or at least helped win them. Teams that play as a "team" like TB did yesturday. The Pats don't ever beat that Rams team with Warner that year without a Coaching game plan/strategy. The Giants don't EVER beat that 16-0 Pats team without great coaching schemes going in. No way! Giants DID outcoach the Patriots staff and were a major part in winning that SB.

vitterd

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    You can excuse away coaching all you want. If we go back through many SB's we can't make up excuses about line being hurt, toe being hurt, etc. Good coaching has won many Super Bowls or at least helped win them. Teams that play as a "team" like TB did yesturday. The Pats don't ever beat that Rams team with Warner that year without a Coaching game plan/strategy. The Giants don't EVER beat that 16-0 Pats team without great coaching schemes going in. No way! Giants DID outcoach the Patriots staff and were a major part in winning that SB.
    You can point to a few instances where a game plan from a coaching staff has been a part of the win but if you have no horses, it doesn’t matter. Coaching way over rated.

KRIT

Can anyone name one really exciting game from the NFL playoffs this season? It would probably be either the GB and Bucs game or the GB and NO game. And neither of those were really that great. Buffalo and Baltimore was close but neither team exactly played well on offense.

NFL regular season has always been better than playoffs, don't know why, but has always felt that way.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Can anyone name one really exciting game from the NFL playoffs this season? It would probably be either the GB and Bucs game or the GB and NO game. And neither of those were really that great. Buffalo and Baltimore was close but neither team exactly played well on offense.

NFL regular season has always been better than playoffs, don't know why, but has always felt that way.
    You mean tb/no?

Browns kc was exciting. Rest were pretty trash.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Bills/Colts was actually pretty good.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

The very first WC game was decent - Colts almost rallied to knock off Buff. Chiefs/Browns in the Divisional round and TB/GB on Champ weekend were somewhat compelling. Other than those not much drama...

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

snooze fest, titans baltimore was the only good one but i didnt watch every game and even that game wasnt that good. lamar jackson single handedly one with game with a 70 td run lmao

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

We are gamblers...who cares about exciting games?? The only excitement we need is when we bet the right side

KRIT

Once again trash games.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I'm not even convinced the Bucs were the best team. The Saints, and especially the Packers, squandered opportunities to eliminate the Bucs and of course Tampa then cashed in their chips, playing with house money and facing a Chiefs team with a decimated offensive line. Even given that, the refs made sure Brady had a huge edge heading into halftime, rendering KC one dimensional from that point forward, further highlighting the Chiefs' deficiencies up front.

But it's whatever... I made money on the U56 and O3.5 total sacks for the game so I'm not bellyaching as a bettor, only as an observer. The NFL is an abomination of a product and the playoffs were no different than the regular season. Brady is overrated but nobody wants to hear that right now, it's borderline sacrilege. I enjoy betting on the game of football but that's about it.
    yup

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Bengals raiders was close game Bengals held on to win by 7

Eagles were a joke @ TB and for the record thats two team gone that LOST TB this year Patriots Eagles

NEXT one is Bills then Cowboys 0-249 adding 7 more that lost TO TB + 2 more 0-258

KRIT

Most of these games aren’t even watchable.

Cowboys game wasn’t interesting until the end. I turned both the Bucs and KC game off early, they weren’t even competitive.

Hopefully the second round is better. One issue with expanding the playoffs is you let weak teams in that basically got handled in the playoffs.

So far NFL playoffs have been boring.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Once again trash games.
    Next week has to be better and should be. GB/SF should be decent and KC/Buff is basically for the AFC Championship and maybe the Super Bowl crown. Hopefully will make up for this weekends boat races...

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

only watched one game so far thats sf/dal, decent game glad i didnt watch the others. seems like gb/sf the only one worth watching now. Would rather have seen colts and/or ravens in the playoffs but both eliminated

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Next week has to be better and should be. GB/SF should be decent and KC/Buff is basically for the AFC Championship and maybe the Super Bowl crown. Hopefully will make up for this weekends boat races...
    Disagree that chiefs bills is for the afc

tutans can win it easy

KRIT

Another trash game.

We’ve had 6 games. 2 were good. Bengals game was fun, the Cowboys game was a snooze fest until the end.

This game, Bills game, KC game, and Bucs game were all over before halftime.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Cant get much worse than these games. 0 games with back and forth action. Even cincy and san fran. Built big leads and put it in cruise control and let the other teams back in it

12 Last