pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Tom Brady

Not any serious football fan can deny the fact he’s the greatest quarterback of all time. Discussion over.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Everyone
    Knows
    That

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 873

Yes he is.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 159

Only if he wins his 7th this year

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Who cares though? Seriously in life it’s an arbitrary argument that really serves no purpose other than to let idiots argue with each other about someone else’s life
    Points Awarded:

ToneKapone13 gave goduke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Who cares though? Seriously in life it’s an arbitrary argument that really serves no purpose other than to let idiots argue with each other about someone else’s life
    It’s just fun to discuss sports that’s all I’m bored

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Only if he wins his 7th this year
    Nah won’t matter but that will definitely help it be undenied I personally think he probably wins it next year then retires

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Not a Tom Hater (been defending him all year) or an apologist (preferred Peyton in their primes), but I hate I have to hear these conversations and statements on the heels of such average performances. Save it for when he plays a great game...

You know what I was thinking when i was watching much of this Bucs game? Fitzgerald would do great in this Offense....and I don't like Fitz.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Not a Tom Hater (been defending him all year) or an apologist (preferred Peyton in their primes), but I hate I have to hear these conversations and statements on the heels of such average performances. Save it for when he plays a great game...

You know what I was thinking when i was watching much of this Bucs game? Fitzgerald would do great in this Offense....and I don't like Fitz.
    Sometimes the difference is not turning the ball over.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

You could not click on the topic if you hate these conversation. You told on yourself when you say you prefer Peyton Manning so don’t paint yourself as Tom Brady neutral.

pilebuck13

It’s what he has did the whole season as well not just tonight. If he manages to get away from bill suit up on a new team and win a Super Bowl not only will he be recognized as the greatest NFL player of all time but he will be recognized as the greatest athlete of all time

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    It’s what he has did the whole season as well not just tonight. If he manages to get away from bill suit up on a new team and win a Super Bowl not only will he be recognized as the greatest NFL player of all time but he will be recognized as the greatest athlete of all time
    Some of your points are okay. He did have a good season. I knew he would. He is to be admired. He is a great leader - and he has a golden horse shoe up his you know what...His defense played amazing.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Brady is definitely the goat. The Bucs were an afterthought before he got there. He turned them around in confidence.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    You could not click on the topic if you hate these conversation. You told on yourself when you say you prefer Peyton Manning so don’t paint yourself as Tom Brady neutral.
    Easy Einstein...I said I preferred...past tense---and even then if was only for a few years there....( imagine Peyton and Bellichick)...Tom put his foot on the gas and Peyton decelerated - so I had to change my mind (#openminded) and give Tom the GOAT tag.

Unrivaled

I know they say intangibles are overrated. But I really don't see the Bucs winning this game with almost any other QB.

Brady leadership inspires confidence in everyone around him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Tommy still has a little something left. Didn't panic in the pocket and throw INT's like Brees did.

Next.

champlain

Easy Einstein...I said I preferred...past tense---and even then if was only for a few years there....( imagine Peyton and Bellichick)...Tom put his foot on the gas and Peyton decelerated - so I had to change my mind (#openminded) and give Tom the GOAT tag.
    Still with this passive aggressive shit. Why would you imagine Belichick with Peyton? Only Peyton’s fans think about this coulda woulda crap. If you like Peyton over Brady just say so.
    Last edited by champlain; 01-17-21 at 10:16 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

will the Bucs get 3 td drives on 63 yards of offense vs packers?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Tommy still has a little something left. Didn't panic in the pocket and throw INT's like Brees did.

Next.
    He also throwing to star studded cast

who Rodgers throwing to Adams and bums

Wrongside

Still with this passive aggressive shit. Why do you need to imagine Belichick with Peyton? It’s not reality. If you like Peyton over Brady just say so.
    There's nuance to these discussions...It's not black and white, so that's why one might 'imagine.' Because Brady has won so many titles and he is such a stud, it kind of ends the discussion, but those of us that like sports, like them for these very reasons...it is compelling to see just how the chips fall in a given year. Brady's career is compelling for many reasons.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    will the Bucs get 3 td drives on 63 yards of offense vs packers?

If the defense plays like they did the first time against Rodgers then sure, why not?

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Correct

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

athlete???

so he can block jordan's dunks and fade away jays now ... ???

done in here

canepole
    Update your status
    canepole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8117

I mean really, how can you deny it? He's coming from the greatest franchise in history in which he played what, 20 years or so? He's coming to Tampa at age 43 in which they were 7-9 the year before he came and now are one game away from a Super Bowl appearance. As much as want to say he wasn't as good as the great quarterbacks I watched in the late 70's to late 80's, I'd be lying to myself. To me, he is GOAT

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    He also throwing to star studded cast

who Rodgers throwing to Adams and bums
    And yet nobody else had a winning record with that "star studded cast". Rodgers isn't playing with bums, their offense was top 5 in the league.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Of course he is the greatest, and it probably isn't even close. He basically took Tampa from an awful team to a SB contender.

What about Brees? Guy is like the opposite of Brady. Similar career to Peyton, just a little less heralded. Great regular season player but a choker in the playoffs. Wasn't this like three years in a row where he lost a playoff game at home? That's difficult to do.

champlain

There's nuance to these discussions...It's not black and white, so that's why one might 'imagine.' Because Brady has won so many titles and he is such a stud, it kind of ends the discussion, but those of us that like sports, like them for these very reasons...it is compelling to see just how the chips fall in a given year. Brady's career is compelling for many reasons.
    Well, you are doing mental gymnastics to support your guy(Manning). If the roles were reversed and Brady won all these championships with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, you would have said what if Manning had all these weapons.

There’s no point bringing the what if game because there is no way to prove it one way or the other.

Wrongside

Well, you are doing mental gymnastics to support your guy(Manning). If the roles were reversed and Brady won all these championships with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, you would have said what if Manning had all these weapons.

There’s no point bringing the what if game because there is no way to prove it one way or the other.
    Harrison is one of the worst post season players of all-time. Part of it could have been Peyton's fault (with all his audibles and making his receivers nervous)...And no, Bellichick is the X factor, not receivers and tight ends, even if they are the best all-time, like Gronk.

pilebuck13

athlete???

so he can block jordan's dunks and fade away jays now ... ???

done in here
    I’m saying out of all sports combined he is the top to ever do it in his craft if he wins one more. This won’t need to be discussed. Basically out of all professional sports he’s the greatest ever

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Of course he is the greatest, and it probably isn't even close. He basically took Tampa from an awful team to a SB contender.

What about Brees? Guy is like the opposite of Brady. Similar career to Peyton, just a little less heralded. Great regular season player but a choker in the playoffs. Wasn't this like three years in a row where he lost a playoff game at home? That's difficult to do.
    the difference is brady throws a game losing pick in a title game to chiefs and yet... magically a flag is thrown because somebody was caught being an inch off sides ... keeps them alive and they get to OT and gets lucky with the ball first vs a tired defense

brees in his last season 2018 with enough arm strength to threaten teams enough to win, throws to a guy wide open who gets dramatically interfered with... horrible PI... no flag... unreal

enforce the rules throw the flag and the saints go to the SB if they just make the short field goal... instead that horrible NON-PI CALL... the opposite of the Ford off-sides KC call... gives the Rams NEW LIFE in a do or die NFL playoff game... where anyone who has watched the game forever knows how hard it is to put the final dagger into any team, regular season or playoff game...

that is the DIFFERENCE between the 2

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

I’m saying out of all sports combined he is the top to ever do it in his craft if he wins one more. This won’t need to be discussed. Basically out of all professional sports he’s the greatest ever
    now you just left out athlete

"his craft at QB"... now you change up your words

which one is it?

Unrivaled

the difference is brady throws a game losing pick in a title game to chiefs and yet... magically a flag is thrown because somebody was caught being an inch off sides ... keeps them alive and they get to OT and gets lucky with the ball first vs a tired defense

brees in his last season 2018 with enough arm strength to threaten teams enough to win, throws to a guy wide open who gets dramatically interfered with... horrible PI... no flag... unreal

enforce the rules throw the flag and the saints go to the SB if they just make the short field goal... instead that horrible NON-PI CALL... the opposite of the Ford off-sides KC call... gives the Rams NEW LIFE in a do or die NFL playoff game... where anyone who has watched the game forever knows how hard it is to put the final dagger into any team, regular season or playoff game...

that is the DIFFERENCE between the 2
    Not a good look.

Refs did everything they could to give Drew the win tonight and he refused to take it.

pilebuck13

now you just left out athlete

"his craft at QB"... now you change up your words

which one is it?

Lol let me be clear for you out of all professional sports he’s the best athlete of all time

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Lol let me be clear for you out of all professional sports he’s the best athlete of all time

SimpleJack
    SimpleJack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 220

Dan Marino

12 Last