LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Am I the Only Person Here that LOVES NFL Pre-Season?

As I said in JJ's thread in the Player's Talk forum, I think NFLX is the easiest sport to beat, easier than any sport's regular season or playoffs. All you have to do is do a little research, and you will know a team's gameplan and player rotations.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to your posts about those game plans, LT.

Have only looked at the first game, and the under seems the play there.

LT Profits

I like the Saints, but not sure how I am playing them yet. If I could get +3 or more at -105 or less (NOT available currently), that is what I will do. I will check 5 Dimes reduced juice tomorrow. If I can't get that, then I will take my chances with Saints Moneyline.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I like the Saints money line but as of right now, I do not see a book out here that has NFLX money lines. Maybe closer to game time.

LT Profits

Looker,

Plenty do. I see mostly +145 up right now.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Looker,

Plenty do. I see mostly +145 up right now.
    "Out here" means Vegas.

LT Profits

Oh. You mean people still bet in Vegas?

Don't you have any offshore accounts Looker, and if not, why not? I think that Vegas is a waste now personally.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Oh. You mean people still bet in Vegas?

Don't you have any offshore accounts Looker, and if not, why not? I think that Vegas is a waste now personally.
    I stopped playing offshore since Pinny kicked us out. I would rather play here then go through the funding/withdrawal hassles. Thats just me though. I feel more comfortable with the cash out everyday.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

LV Hilton and Wynn finally put up the NFLX ML's.

Both have:

+140 Saints
    -160 Steelers

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

do you really think the new head coach factor might come into play here LT. Also, the Saints QB situation isn't the best right now in regards to depth. At least the Steelers have Charlie Batch.

LT Profits

The coaching change for Pittsburgh won't matter when the Steelers regulars play a little more than one series. On the other hand, the Saints want to take a long long at Meachem, who may be the best offensive player on the field in the second quarter and maybe at least part of the third.

Your point on Batch is well taken, but by the same token the Saints added a lot of depth to the defense in the off-season. They signed five defensive free agents of note: linebackers Brian Simmons (from Cincinnati) and Dhani Jones (Eagles), cornerback Jason David (ex-Colts), safety Kevin Kaesviharn (Cincy again), and defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy (Arizona). I think that just by default alone, a few of these guys will be playing late against Pittsburgh's backup offense.

LT Profits

Oh, and I didn't even mention that Willie Parker and a couple of Pittsburgh defensie starters are out completely.

Omnivorous Frog
    Omnivorous Frog's Avatar Become A Pro!

+3 and +1.45 for me. For most of the reasons you mentioned. Stories from the Pitt camp are not exactly positive. New sheriff in town, only third one in Steelers history has some huge shoes to fill. Cowler was a real players coach and he let them lolligag through preseason without much complaints from the vets. Now it is a boot camp and players are dropping like flies. You have one squad falling fast and another ascending. The QB rotations should be good, especially if Pitt goes to 3rd and 4th. Saints rarely dug that deep last year and old vet got the bulk of the snaps after Brees. Some people think Pitt needs to win this first game, but I think next week home opener is the target win for them. Pitt lost depth, has a few more injuries and learning all new playbook and system offensively, even new wrinkles defensively. Saints staying the same. In a potential low scoring yawner the +3 is obvious value, as this game could easily be decided by 3 or less either way. Decided by one score, I hope it is not 4, or higher.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh, and I didn't even mention that Willie Parker and a couple of Pittsburgh defensie starters are out completely.
    Well that I did know LT.

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

a little late onlooker but i think the south point is going to have the best odds on the ml for pre season i got the saint at 145