Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24876

$$$ Your 2020 NFC North Division Champions: Detroit Lions +585 $$$

Looking at some of the futures, the oddsmakers have given the Lions the longest odds to win the division, but I'd argue that they may be the only team that dramatically improved in the offseason.

The biggest problem last season was their defense but they acquired corner Desmond Trufant to replace the departed Slay, and drafted Okudah from Ohio State to man the other side. Julian Okwara in the 3rd round could boost their pass rush and they also brought in former Patriots from all three levels of the defense in safety Duron Harmon, LB Jamie Collins, and DT Danny Shelton.

On the offensive side, Stafford missed half the season last year and his replacements were garbage. Obviously he needs to stay healthy and he'll have some decent targets in Marvin Jones, Golladay, and Hockenson who's entering his sophomore season at TE. Adding D'Andre Swift in the draft gives them some explosion and pass catching chops in the backfield, not to mention insurance for Kerryon Johnson who's always dinged up.

The Packers stayed relatively the same, and didn't manage to give Rodgers another viable target to pair with Adams. The Vikings lost Diggs, and the rookie Jefferson can't realistically be expected to immediately pick up the slack. Plus the Vikes' defense should regress imo, they suffered additional key losses on that side of the ball. The Bears are still trash offensively until they shore up their OL and kick Trubisky to the curb. And their offensive ineptitude took its toll on the defense last year, making them look average at times.

I think the payout on this ticket is worth a stab. Lions will take a big step forward while these other paper tigers rest on their laurels.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I like it..

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I like it..
    They ain't ready, beefcake. I'm already looking at stuff, already had one fantasy football draft even. This is why I slay the books. But these degenerates ain't ready. They're still having bake sales to help recoup last season's losses, while sleeping on rolls of toilet paper they stockpiled in preparation for Coronapocalypse.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The Detroit Lions are a solid 6 win team, that may get 7. The +550 should be for an 8th win.

They will be dogs home and away in every divisional game.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The Detroit Lions are a solid 6 win team, that may get 7. The +550 should be for an 8th win.

They will be dogs home and away in every divisional game.
    Well now see there Fats, you're already 0 for 1 because the Lions open with the Bears and Detroit is the short chalk at Ford Field.

Is that really how you wanted to start the year? With a giant swing and a whiff at a lob right over the plate?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

LOL they haven't even had camp yet

Who's the Bears starter? Foles or Turbo?

The line 4 months out means nothing...let's watch it close Chi -2.5

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    LOL they haven't even had camp yet

Who's the Bears starter? Foles or Turbo?

The line 4 months out means nothing...let's watch it close Chi -2.5
    Nah, the line already moved in the other direction. I'm pretty sure it opened at a pick, no way in hell it closes with the Bears as a favorite barring some major injury between now and then.

Figures someone with "Minnesota" in their handle might get a little fired up about this future.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

You can get+700 at betonline. Not sure if you play there but maybe get some. Good luck.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

its a solid bet but its far too early. too many unknown variables for me to take cash out of my pockets and leave it with the bookies.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You can get+700 at betonline. Not sure if you play there but maybe get some. Good luck.
    Nice. I may drop a couple notes on it.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I took the over 6.5 wins@-120 a few weeks back. Patricia's seat going to get hot if they don't show up this yr

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Give me a break eddy ...

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I took the over 6.5 wins@-120 a few weeks back. Patricia's seat going to get hot if they don't show up this yr
    I like that one too, albeit with less payout. Less pressure to take the division.

They basically just show up, punch the clock, and should cash that.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Give me a break eddy ...
    What world are we living in where Johnnyvegas is incredulous? Is this some weird, post-Covid19 world Mandela Effect?

You have read your own threads, right Johnny?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    What world are we living in where Johnnyvegas is incredulous? Is this some weird, post-Covid19 world Mandela Effect?

You have read your own threads, right Johnny?
    Eddie I was crushing college hoops before shutdown

U musta forgot

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Eddie I was crushing college hoops before shutdown

U musta forgot
    Maybe, I dunno... You're still the "take the team getting its ass kicked by three touchdowns to storm back and win +2200" guy to me, though. That's what a seasons' worth of clutter will do to a man's reputation, Johnny.

Johnny, Johnny are you listening to me???

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I wouldn't bet a buffalo nickel on Matt Patricia winning anything or even half his games. Think about this. Someone thought he would be an upgrade over Jim Caldwell. Everyone on board with this hire should be fired.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    I wouldn't bet a buffalo nickel on Matt Patricia winning anything or even half his games. Think about this. Someone thought he would be an upgrade over Jim Caldwell. Everyone on board with this hire should be fired.
    have no idea how this pig still has a job honestly

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I absolutely luv johnnyvegas, he's the best second to seaweed. This bet is a damn near auto win now based on his comments

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I absolutely luv johnnyvegas, he's the best second to seaweed. This bet is a damn near auto win now based on his comments
    Yep, Vegas oddsmakers are currently adjusting Lions futures to less generous payouts in light of the latest Johnny Jinx.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

give your money to charity

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I agree