stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

Thanks Nasher.

Could have fooled me. I thought that it was the weather.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Thanks Nasher.

Could have fooled me. I thought that it was the weather.
    Glad to help 'ya out.
    (Hey, it's a slow news day in these parts)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He basically got tired of it

New challenge

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

He got sick of throwing to bums

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

hoodie and goat both want to win a ring without each other

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    hoodie and goat both want to win a ring without each other
    Brady actually could

Billy will just coach a average pats team few more years

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

One reporter's opinion on what happened. A bunch of different stories or opinions on what really was the cause. This just another story from a reporter..nothing to think this is the real reason

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Wow, that (at least to me) is surprising.

I remember the screaming match between Brady and McDaniels a few years ago, but that seemed to have been smoothed over.

I also remember the altercation Tom had with a previous coach (can't quite remember what position coach), but that coach was gone the next day.

I'm wondering if Tom wanted to part company with McDaniels, why didn't he just stay seeing that McDaniels is moving on.

IMHO, McDaniels was OK, with some occasional "trickeration" up his sleeve, but he was no Charlie Wiess.

The Tampa Bay Patriots...kinda has a ring to it.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Brady made Bellicheck’s job easier. Belichick made Brady’ job harder. Neither wins a super bowl without the other in the future.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 05-11-20 at 03:43 PM.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Lot of reporters in Boston say the rift came between Brady and Belichick when Bill wanted to move on from Brady few years ago for Jimmy G. Bill was ready to let Brady walk then and only when the owner got involved to tell Bill trade Jimmy away now. Again all speculation..maybe down the line the truth will come out. Maybe Brady just wanted a new challenge?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Wow, that (at least to me) is surprising.

I remember the screaming match between Brady and McDaniels a few years ago, but that seemed to have been smoothed over.

I also remember the altercation Tom had with a previous coach (can't quite remember what position coach), but that coach was gone the next day.

I'm wondering if Tom wanted to part company with McDaniels, why didn't he just stay seeing that McDaniels is moving on.

IMHO, McDaniels was OK, with some occasional "trickeration" up his sleeve, but he was no Charlie Wiess.

The Tampa Bay Patriots...kinda has a ring to it.
    It was that current jackass coach for the Texans. O’Brien brings out the worst in everybody.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

McDaniels is a prick.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It was that current jackass coach for the Texans. O’Brien brings out the worst in everybody.
    Ah..yes

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I all of a sudden don't mind Brady. I did not like him at all with Bill for some reason.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

he will be a great go against if they play this yr..........i hope they keep his name out there every day, i will take the pts anytime the buc will give some.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Brady made Bellicheck’s job easier. Belichick made Brady’ job harder. Neither wins a super bowl without the other in the future.
    Does Parcells win a SB without Belichick?
    Parcells told Hoodie just draw up a defensive scheme to slow down Kelly and that offense and leave the rest to me.

This much is fact though, Parcells resurrected Belichick's career.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    One reporter's opinion on what happened. A bunch of different stories or opinions on what really was the cause. This just another story from a reporter..nothing to think this is the real reason
    Much like all these coronavirus experts....zero clue

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He did it due to the coronavirus. The virus can't live in the hot Tampa weather. And Florida has no state income tax.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

he was sick and tired going out in the cold to pick up things for his wife....

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Brady will do well in Tampa.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Brady will do well in Tampa.
    He’s actually got people to throw to.

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He’s actually got people to throw to.
    The future looks dark sunglasses bright for Brady!!

19th Hole

Who knows...

Tom Brady Blasts Media For ‘Nonsense’ and Irresponsible Reporting

Share on FacebookShare on FlipboardShare via E-mailMore share options

• Shares

• Updated May 11, 2020 at 11:02pm

Getty

Tom Brady blasted the media on Monday. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB and former New England Patriots is upset because of the way his relationship with now-former offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has been portrayed by reporters.
    Earlier on Monday, New York Daily News veteran Gary Myers cited “an excellent” source when he reported one of the reasons Brady left the Patriots this offseason for the Bucs was because of a deteriorating relationship with McDaniels.
    According to Myers, the source said Brady was “worn out by Josh [McDaniels] after all those years.”
    Gary Myers@GaryMyersNY

Hard to present an order of why Tom Brady didn't want to return to Patriots. But one thing has been very much overlooked, according to an excellent source: His deteriorating relationship with OC Josh McDaniels. Tom was worn out by Josh after all these years. That surprised me.

9:19 AM - May 11, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

89 people are talking about this

This was quite the bombshell, perhaps that explains Brady’s swift response.
    Rather quickly, Brady responded via his Instagram story. His response was captured by USA Today’s Henry McKenna:
    Henry McKenna
    @McKennAnalysis

Tom Brady refutes the report that he had a deteriorating relationship with Josh McDaniels, which led TB12 to leave the Patriots.

5:23 PM - May 11, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Henry McKenna's other Tweets

Brady tagged McDaniels on Instagram and called him a brother for life, based on the 19 years the two men spent working together.
    Follow the Heavy on Patriots Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content!
    Why the Concept Might Have Been Easy to Believe

Brady and McDaniels have had some blowups on the sidelines during their time together. Whenever there is friction in the player’s history, there is the potential for problems to arise.
    During this memorable sequence in 2017, Brady began shouting at McDaniels who was pointing out the Quarterback’s failure to recognize am open receiver on the previous play against the Buffalo Bills:
    Tom Brady Fight with Josh McDaniels on Sideline – Week 13 2017don't forget to sub for more NFL videos2017-12-03T19:16:41.000Z

Because everyone still seems to be searching for underlying reasons to explain Brady leaving the only franchise he’s ever played for professionally, it was inevitable, at some point the focus would shift to McDaniels.
    Brady quickly addressed those concerns as quickly as anyone could expect. Perhaps this is what it appears to be, a case of amicable separation with no deep-rooted ill will at play.
    What Does McDaniels Have to Say About the Media Reports?

Not surprisingly, McDaniels hasn’t taken to social media to address any of the rumors. Because of the impact and restrictions brought on by COVID-19, the media hasn’t had the same level of access to McDaniels.
    Rest assured, when the Patriots and their coaching staff begin to speak to the media regularly again, McDaniels will face the inevitable string of Brady-related questions.
    Brady Has Remained Active and Visible This Offseason

It wouldn’t have been a shock to see Brady pull back from the limelight a bit. His free-agent decision was such a major story for the first quarter of the year, had Brady taken a low profile until the beginning of training camp, it would have been understandable.
    Instead, the future Hall-of-Famer has been active on social media, done an interview with Howard Stern, and a few other things that prove he’s going to end his career being as accessible as he has been his entire career.

19th Hole

Tom Brady responds to report claiming Josh McDaniels relationship was part of why he left the Patriots

It may not have been perfect between Brady and McDaniels

For the large chunk of their time together in New England, Tom Brady and long-tenured offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels were thought to have a pretty harmonious relationship with one another. Sure, there'd be the occasional sideline jawing match rooted largely in the simple fires of trying to win an NFL game, but, overall, the two seemed to be on the same page throughout the course of Brady's tenure in Foxborough. However, one report suggests that things may not have been as smooth as it's been portrayed.
    According to Gary Myers, formerly of the New York Daily News, Brady's "deteriorating relationship" with Josh McDaniels was part of the reason why the quarterback left for Tampa Bay in free agency earlier this offseason. Myers notes that Brady was "worn out by Josh after all these years" and wanted to have more input into the game plan.
    This is a rather interesting revelation by Myers as it's mostly been speculated that if Tom Brady were to have a strained relationship with one of his coaches it was going to be Bill Belichick.
    On Monday night, Brady took to Instagram to dispel the rumors that McDaniels was a reason he left New England.
    "Please stop this nonsense!" Brady wrote. "Please be more responsible with reporting, 19 years together and brothers for life."

It also should be noted that both McDaniels and Brady have praised one another publicly. Upon Brady's decision to leave the Patriots earlier this offseason for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, McDaniels did release a glowing statement about how much it meant for him to coach the six-time Super Bowl champion.
    "I have so much gratitude for Tom Brady," McDaniels' statement read. "He has made me a better coach and more importantly a better person. He has always been genuinely kind and caring to me and my family. Yet at the same time, I have never met anyone as demanding and relentless in his pursuit of improvement, perfection and championships. His work ethic and drive propelled our offense and our team to perform at the very highest level throughout his career. He represented all of us with class and integrity. We will miss his passion and intensity, his character and wisdom, and his preparation and diligence. I will miss all the meetings, FaceTimes, emails and texts in our pursuit of a good play. He always performed his best in the most critical times under the most significant pressure. I have never coached a tougher player in my career.
    "Although I feel a great sadness knowing that he is leaving the Patriots, I am grateful for the years we were together and beyond blessed to call him my friend. He has made an indelible impact on my life and career and I will forever be in his debt.
    "He defined what it means to be a 'Patriot.' He is the best quarterback to ever play in the NFL. I wish him nothing but great happiness and success in all that he does. There will never be another Tom Brady."

Doesn't exactly sound like one side of a deteriorating relationship, but who knows what happens behind closed doors in the halls of Gillette Stadium. In any event, Brady is now preparing for his first season as a member of the Bucs, while McDaniels and the Patriots are trying to pick up the pieces from his departure and usher in a new era in 2020.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

He's in a tight one with his new team, Tampa Bay, against San Francisco...

https://multistre.am/primetimeaction...sims/layout12/

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Brady old gonna throw INT's, get sacked and then injured.. Should have stayed in NE..

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Fuk, I walked out.

Did he win?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24845

Guys have to have something to write about. Sports journalism went down a good bit...after reporting became instantaneous. Sports media about 10x as big as it has to be.

And I agree that Belichick is going to look like a clown w/o Brady.

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6823

Already had OJ high on my draft list. Gronk dropped him down a little but I see a lot of Brady to TE's this year

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Guys have to have something to write about. Sports journalism went down a good bit...after reporting became instantaneous. Sports media about 10x as big as it has to be.

Bill's gonna pull out all the stops. Filming every team's installation, messing with air pressure, putting metamucil in the visiting team's locker room, cut out the visiting team's audio system mid game, etc.

Gonne be fun.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It’s like Jordan on the Wizards. Just stupid by Tom Brady and he won’t win anything in Tampa. Same for his butt buddy Gronk

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

Belichik went 11-5 starting Matt Cassel at QB the year Brady tore his ACL. Cassel didn’t even start a game as a college QB at USC. The Patriots will be fine.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Maybe he just wanted something different after almost 20 years in the same place? Not much in this world stays together for that long.

Brady will be fine in Tampa and NE will dip a bit in 2020 and be back in the mix afterwards.

12 Last