LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

NFL Player News - Week of 4/27/20

Courtesy of Footballguys.com

Vikings | Dalvin Cook to work despite contract
    Minnesota Vikings RB Dalvin Cook will participate in the virtual period of their voluntary offseason program despite wanting a new contract.
    Link to story
    Dalvin Cook player page

Raiders | Nick Bowers Vegas bound
    Undrafted free-agent TE Nick Bowers (Penn State) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the Las Vegas Raiders Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Patriots | New England lands Isaiah Zuber
    Undrafted free-agent WR Isaiah Zuber (Mississippi State) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the New England Patriots Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Patriots | Sean Riley to join New England
    Undrafted free-agent WR Sean Riley (Syracuse) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the New England Patriots Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Browns | Nate Wieting signing with Cleveland
    Undrafted free-agent TE Nate Wieting (Iowa) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the Cleveland Browns Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Redskins | Isaiah Wright lands with Washington
    Undrafted free-agent WR Isaiah Wright (Temple) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the Washington Redskins Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Panthers | Carolina inks TreVontae Heights
    Undrafted free-agent WR TreVontae Heights (TCU) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the Carolina Panthers Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Buccaneers | Tyler Johnson a rookie starter?
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Tyler Johnson 'should have an inside track to the starting job' as the No. 3 receiver, according to Jon Ledyard of PewterReport.com.
    Link to story

Packers | Jake Kumerow signs tender
    Green Bay Packers WR Jake Kumerow signed his exclusive rights tender Saturday, April 25.
    Link to story

Packers | Matt LaFleur backs Aaron Rodgers
    Updating previous reports, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers received a vote of confidence from head coach Matt LaFleur. 'Aaron is a pro, and he's the leader of our football team, and I anticipate that for a really long time,' LaFleur said Saturday, April 25. 'I have so much respect for him not only as a player but the person, and some of the stuff that nobody sees. So I can't tell you how much I like working with him.' LaFleur went on to state, 'You know how this league works. I know you guys get tired of me saying this, but it's about getting better each and every day and we're going to take it week to week. In my mind, I think Aaron is by far the best quarterback I've ever been around. I think he's the best ever to play the game. I hope he can play until he decides he doesn't want to play anymore.'
    Link to story
    Aaron Rodgers player page

Eagles | Khalil Tate heading to Philadelphia
    Undrafted free-agent QB Khalil Tate (Arizona) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, April 26. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Patriots | Jake Burt staying close to home in New England
    Undrafted free-agent TE Jake Burt (Boston College) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the New England Patriots on Sunday, April 26. Burt will reportedly receive $80,000 guaranteed.
    Link to story

Broncos | Denver adding two UDFAs
    Undrafted free-agent RB LeVante Bellamy (Western Michigan) and WR Kendall Hinton (Wake Forest) agreed to terms on three-year contracts with the Denver Broncos on Saturday, April 25. Financial terms of the deals were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Ravens | Baltimore giving Ty'Son Williams a shot
    Undrafted free-agent RB Ty'Son Williams (BYU) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday, April 25. Financial terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed.
    Link to story

Saints | Marquez Calloway update
    Undrafted free-agent WR Marquez Calloway (Tennessee) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, April 25. Johnson will reportedly receive $95,000 guaranteed.
    Link to story

Saints | Juwan Johnson update
    Updating a previous report, undrafted free-agent WR Juwan Johnson (Oregon) agreed to terms on a three-year contract with the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, April 25. Johnson will reportedly receive $85,000 guaranteed.
    Footballguys view: Johnson is a big-bodied receiver who struggles to separate. He'll need to be sharp in training camp if he wants to make the 53-man roster. Johnson also needs to work on his hands as he had 19 drops over the course of his career at both Oregon and Penn State.
    Link to story

Chargers | Five UDFAs join Chargers
    Undrafted free-agent RB Darius Bradwell (Tulane), WR Jeff Cotton (Idaho), FB Bobby Holly (Louisiana Tech), FB Gabe Nabers (Florida State) and TE Jared Rice (Fresno State) agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Chargers Saturday, April 25. Terms of the contracts were not disclosed.
    Link to story

Patriots | Brian Lewerke set to join Pats
    Undrafted free-agent QB Brian Lewerke (Michigan State) agreed to terms with the New England Patriots Sunday, April 26. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
    Link to story

Cardinals | Eno Benjamin unlikely to play much early
    Arizona Cardinals RB Eno Benjamin is not expected to receive many offensive snaps during his rookie season since he is behind RBs Kenyan Drake and Chase Edmonds on the depth chart.
    Footballguys view: We'll be monitoring Benjamin closely in dynasty formats. He's got elusiveness and some pop to his game as a runner. Benjamin can stay on the field all three downs as he's a good receiving option.
    Link to story
    Kenyan Drake player page
    Chase Edmonds player page

Cowboys | Darius Anderson to join Dallas
    Undrafted free-agent RB Darius Anderson (Texas Christian) agreed to terms with the Dallas Cowboys Sunday, April 26. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
    Link to story

49ers | Brandon Aiyuk could contribute early
    San Francisco 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk should be able to contribute in the passing game right away and may also be used as a kick and punt returner during his rookie season.
    Footballguys view: That sounds about right. Aiyuk's game is all about run-after-the-catch ability and he'll play opposite of Deebo Samuel. He's versatile enough to line up in the slot from time to time if the team wants.
    Link to story

Jets | Denzel Mims may play early
    New York Jets WR Denzel Mims likely will receive immediate playing time as a rookie unless the team signs another veteran receiver this offseason.
    Footballguys view: We could see that happening as he's their best receiver from a talent standpoint. He'll be competing for targets with guys like Breshad Perriman and Jamison Crowder. Mims had first-round talent but fell in this draft due to it being so jam-packed at the WR position. We're excited to see what Mims can do in the pros.
    Link to story

Source: footballguys.com
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chris Metcalfe

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Jameis Winston to the Saints on a 1 year deal might happen, did not see that coming.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Jameis Winston to the Saints on a 1 year deal might happen, did not see that coming.
    Brees was starting to fade last year

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

This is going to be Brees' last year.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19199

Saints now have 2 cruddy Qbs, smart move would've been to keep Bridgewater to take 75-80% of snaps and Hill the remainder, defenses would always be off balance.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Taysom Hill signs a 2 year $21 million deal.

All Winston does is take Bridgewater's spot and the lets Hill be is awesome all-around self.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    This is going to be Brees' last year.
    Only if the Saints win the Super Bowl.

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Khalil Tate getting a 3 year deal is amazing

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by cjwatsonfan32 View Post
    Khalil Tate getting a 3 year deal is amazing
    Doubt it was for much money.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Saints now have 2 cruddy Qbs, smart move would've been to keep Bridgewater to take 75-80% of snaps and Hill the remainder, defenses would always be off balance.
    Would have been too bold of a move to resign Teddy and let Brees walk.

LT Profits

Tuesday Update

Lions | D'Andre Swift adds versatility to Detroit backfield
    The Detroit Lions were a bit surprised Georgia RB D'Andre Swift was still available 35th overall; the two had consistent conversations during the pre-draft process. Swift said he talked with the Lions more than most other NFL teams. His selection was the second time in the past three years Detroit invested a second-round pick in the running back position. RB Kerryon Johnson, the incumbent starter, has been on Injured Reserve twice in his first two years, missing 14 total games. With that in mind, Detroit general manager Bob Quinn is a fan of having multiple backs on roster. 'I think you always want a stable of backs. I've said that for a long time ... we always need multiple backs,' Quinn said. Quinn is also a big fan of Swift. 'This guy's really good in the open field. Makes guys miss in space. Big-play ability. Catches the ball well out of the backfield. Good route runner,' Quinn said. Having Swift on board allows Detroit offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell flexibility in ways to diversify the offense.
    Footballguys view: Swift is the best running back on the Lions roster and should be the lead back. He's a good runner, naturally picking and choosing which rushing lanes to go through. Swift is also a good receiver out of the backfield, so there's no need for him to come off the field. Fantasy GMs should know that he's got RB2 upside (at least) if he wins the starting job.
    Link to story

Broncos | Jerry Jeudy expected to start in Denver
    Denver Broncos rookie WR Jerry Jeudy is expected to immediately step into a starting role with Denver. Jeudy isn't lacking confidence as he takes the step from the college ranks to the NFL. 'I feel like I'm the best wide receiver because I've got the ability to separate. You need to find a way to get open and I feel like that's what I can do. I feel like if I'm getting open and creating 5, 6 yards of separation every time, that means more yards and yards after the catch,' Jeudy said. He believes he is one of the top route-runners in this year's class of rookie wideouts. Jeudy added that he can play inside, outside or whereever the team puts him to make a play on the ball. 'I don't feel like I'm a better inside receiver than an outside receiver. I'm a receiver overall. I know how to get open -- against press, against off, against whoever guards me. I know how to get open. That's it,' Jeudy added.
    Footballguys view: Jeudy was the best receiver in the best wide receiver draft class in NFL history. He's a great route runner and has the big-play ability to be an impact player from day one. Jeudy will line up opposite of Courtland Sutton and should become a favorite target of QB Drew Lock. The Broncos have a more high-powered offense with all the additions they've made this offseason, so Jeudy has WR3 with upside written all over him as a rookie in 2020.
    Link to story

Cowboys | CeeDee Lamb adds big-play potential in Big D
    Dallas Cowboys rookie WR CeeDee Lamb brings home-run hitting potential to the Cowboys' offense, according to NBC 5 Sports Director Newy Scruggs.
    Link to story

Bengals | Tee Higgins brings versatility to Cincy
    Cincinnati Bengals rookie WR Tee Higgins becomes an interesting option on offense due to his versatility. While at Clemson, Higgins played all three receiver positions, which allowed the team to utilize him all over the field. 'Higgins is as complete a receiver as we've had come out of Clemson,' said Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney.
    Link to story

Ravens | J.K. Dobbins will be mentored by Mark Ingram
    Baltimore Ravens rookie RB J.K. Dobbins will receive help from veteran RB Mark Ingram as Dobbins, a second-round draft pick, makes his transition to the NFL. Ingram plans to help mentor Dobbins in any way that he can. 'Instead of being selfish, I think you always need to take a younger player along and just be open, be transparent, teach them some of your successes, your failures and help bring them along so they can have great careers,' Ingram said of his planned role with his rookie teammate. Ingram isn't worried about another back in the mix. 'Competition breeds excellence,' Ingram said. The Ravens are deep at running back with Ingram, Dobbins, Gus Edwards and Justice Hill, and it remains to be seen how the Ravens will divvy up their touches in 2020.
    Link to story

Cowboys | Dak Prescott will be there when it counts
    Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones does not seem to worried about QB Dak Prescott still being unsigned. 'When we're ready to play, he'll be there,' Jones recently said of the team's exclusive franchise player.
    Link to story
    Dak Prescott player page

Ravens | Devin Duvernay brings toughness
    Baltimore Ravens rookie WR Devin Duvernay has the team excited about his toughness, reminding them of some Ravens' receivers from the past. General manager Eric DeCosta said Duvernay is 'a tough guy' and noted their third-round pick is 'very physical, catches the ball really well, and he's really tough with the football.' DeCosta said he likes the 'competitive guys who don't go down' while noting Duvernay has that style of play. 'He's almost like a running back with the football,' DeCosta added. 'In his career, he had over 160 catches with one drop. I didn't see a drop on his tape this last year ... he has a little chip on his shoulder,' head coach John Harbaugh said.
    Link to story

Broncos | KJ Hamler adds home-run ability to Denver O
    Denver Broncos rookie WR KJ Hamler was surprised when the Broncos drafted him, especially after they took a receiver (Jerry Jeudy) at 15th overall in the first round. He also talked with the Broncos just one time leading up to the NFL Draft and said he thought he would end up with the Philadelphia Eagles or Chicago Bears. With the Broncos, he has home-run speed to bring a different dimension to the offense they have lacked for years. The Broncos have noticed Hamler has struggled with drops, but they believe they can coach that out of him. Hamler is likely to play in the slot along side WRs Courtland Sutton and Jeudy.
    Link to story

49ers | RBBC again in San Francisco?
    San Francisco 49ers RBs Tevin Coleman and Raheem Mostert will likely 'share the load' on early downs in 2020, according to NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco.
    Link to story
    Tevin Coleman player page
    Raheem Mostert player page

Broncos | Melvin Gordon deal finally official
    Updating a previous report, free-agent RB Melvin Gordon (Chargers) officially signed a two-year deal with the Denver Broncos on Monday, April 27. The deal, which was agreed to last month, is reportedly worth $16 million with $13.5 million guaranteed.
    Link to story
    Melvin Gordon III player page

Cowboys | Dallas adds four UDFAs
    Undrafted free-agent WR Kendrick Rogers (Texas A&M), WR Aaron Parker (Rhode Island), WR Stephen Guidry (Mississippi State) and TE Charlie Taumoepeau (Portland State) agreed to terms with the Dallas Cowboys Monday, April 27. Terms of the contracts were not disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Parker is an interesting name to keep an eye on. He has good body control and strong hands. Those skills help him earn a quarterback's trust and Parker does a good job of working the sideline and the back of the end zone. He's looking to make the practice squad since the Cowboys have a jam-packed WR room. We'll monitor Parker but only in crazy deep dynasty formats.
    Link to story

Texans | Deshaun Watson to have option picked up
    Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson's fifth-year option will be exercised this offseason, according to sources.
    Footballguys view: Zero surprise here. Watson is going to get a contract that makes him one of the highest-paid quarterbacks in the league soon enough. The team plans on talking with Watson about a long-term contract at some point this offseason.
    Link to story
    Deshaun Watson player page

Patriots | James Develin retires
    New England Patriots FB James Develin announced his retirement from professional football Monday, April 27.
    Link to story
    James Develin player page

Browns | David Njoku's option exercised
    Cleveland Browns TE David Njoku had his fifth-year option exercised Monday, April 27, according to a source.
    Footballguys view: There were rumblings that Njoku would be on the trade block but nothing ever came of that. Njoku was at odds with the previous (and short-lived) coaching staff but gets a fresh start with new head coach Kevin Stefanski. Even though Austin Hooper was added in free agency earlier this year, the Browns could be using a TEBC with Njoku involved as well. Last year with the Vikings, Stefanski's offense featured both Kyle Rudolph and Irv Smith at the position. That might just happen this year with the Browns and Hooper/Njoku.
    Link to story
    David Njoku player page

Saints | Tony Jones to Saints
    Undrafted free-agent RB Tony Jones Jr. (Notre Dame) agreed to an undisclosed deal with the New Orleans Saints Monday, April 27.
    Footballguys view: Jones is a hard-charging runner who brings some toughness to the Saints backfield. He'll be hard pressed to make the 53-man roster but might look good enough in camp and preseason to make the practice squad. Monitor him in deeper dynasty leagues.
    Link to story

cjwatsonfan32

Deshaun is probably pissed as fuk

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bridgwater was good with those saints targets

LT Profits

Wednesday Update

Vikings | Justin Jefferson fits in well for Minnesota offense
    Minnesota Vikings rookie WR Justin Jefferson, a first-round pick in the NFL Draft, is a 'great route runner' with 'great hands' and a 'big-time playmaker,' according to Vikings general manager Rick Spielman. 'His skill set fits us perfectly,' Spielman added. Head coach Mike Zimmer said Jefferson will 'fit in well' with the Vikings, noting he's a tough, competitive receiver who makes a lot of contested catches. Jefferson said he played outside most of his life until sliding inside to the slot role last year, which is a position often occupied by WR Adam Thielen. Jefferson said he'll play wherever the Vikings want him to moving forward.
    Link to story

Patriots | Jarret Stidham's chances increasing of being Pats starting QB
    The New England Patriots are moving forward with the growing likelihood that QB Jarrett Stidham, a fourth-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, will be their starting quarterback entering the 2020 season, according to ESPN.com's Mike Reiss.
    Link to story
    Jarrett Stidham player page

Raiders | Henry Ruggs III adds explosion to Las Vegas offense
    Las Vegas Raiders general manager Mike Mayock said rookie WR Henry Ruggs III stood out due to his speed (4.27 seconds at NFL Combine), which was a distinguishing factor of choosing him in the first round of the NFL Draft over other highly touted prospects. Mayock added Ruggs III's explosion and work ethic were also part of the decision. 'When you're in the division we're in and you look at Kansas City and you look at what they have on offense and what their explosion looks like, we needed to get faster and we think that his addition opens up our entire offense,' Mayock said of the selection. 'He can run the deep routes. He also gets the manufactured touches, the bubble screens, the jet sweeps. I think if you force defenses to roll coverage, it opens up our run game.' Mayock went on to note that defenses respecting deep routes also opens up underneath routes for TE Darren Waller.
    Link to story

Buccaneers | Bucs believe Ke'Shawn Vaughn has three-down potential
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn feels like being drafted by the Bucs was a best-case scenario. 'To be in this situation where you have Tom Brady as your quarterback, who loves throwing check-down routes ... I feel like that's the best opportunity that I could ask for,' Vaughn said. Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht said he thinks Vaughn is capable of being a three-down back. 'If you have a guy who can do multiple things, it makes him even more valuable to your team. We'll see how it goes. We have to get him here, and we'll get him in the mix, and we'll see how it all shakes out,' Licht said of his new running back. Vaughn believes he has home-run ability out of the backfield as both a runner and a pass-catcher.
    Link to story

Saints | Emmanuel Sanders No. 2 receiver in Big Easy
    New Orleans Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders will be the team's No. 2 wide receiver in 2020 and adds a big boost to the offense, which was lacking dependable production out of receivers not named Michael Thomas last year. After Thomas' 1,725 receiving yards, the next-best receiving output came from Ted Ginn Jr., who had just 421 yards receiving.
    Link to story
    Emmanuel Sanders player page

Eagles | Jalen Reagor best fit for Philly offense?
    Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said the team feels rookie WR Jalen Reagor best fits into their offensive scheme, which is why they passed on other receivers in favor of him during the NFL Draft. The team needed speed on the outside, which Reagor brings to the table.
    Link to story

Seahawks | DeeJay Dallas could be third-down option in Seattle
    With both Seattle Seahawks RBs Chris Carson (hip) and Rashaad Penny (knee) coming off season-ending injuries, the team may be a bit thin at the position entering training camp. Enter rookie RB DeeJay Dallas, a fourth-round draft selection. Dallas adds versatility to the Seattle backfield, as he previously played wide receiver before converting to running back. Dallas also has experience as a punt and kick returner. He might be a decent fit for the team as a third-down back, but Dallas said he'll do whatever the team asks of him.
    Link to story

Patriots | Pats looking for young WRs to step up
    New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick expects his group of wide receivers to be 'very competitive' in 2020. 'I'm sure all our young players will improve in Year 2. Got a first-round pick on N'Keal [Harry] last year. Second-round pick on Mohamed [Sanu] -- that was really off this draft. Obviously have Julian [Edelman] and a number of other young players,' Belichick said. Julian Edelman, N'Keal Harry and Mohamed Sanu sit atop the team's depth chart entering the summer. The team also added WR Damiere Byrd during the offseason and return 2019 undrafted free agents Jakobi Meyers and Gunner Olszewski in addition to practice-squad receivers Devin Ross and Quincy Adeboyejo. Veteran WR Marqise Lee (Jaguars) also agreed to a one-year deal recently.
    Link to story
    Julian Edelman player page
    Mohamed Sanu player page
    Marqise Lee player page
    Damiere Byrd player page
    N'Keal Harry player page
    Jakobi Meyers player page

Buccaneers | Ke'Shawn Vaughn takes blocking seriously
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn said he is very comfortable in pass blocking. 'Now that I have Tom Brady as my quarterback, I know that I have to be even more serious about getting that done and taking that more seriously -- knowing who I have on certain plays, making sure my technique is good at all times because that man that's throwing the ball -- we need him at all times,' Vaughn said. General manager Jason Licht said Vaughn has good speed, can catch the ball and is good in space. Licht and head coach Bruce Arians were clear heading into the NFL Draft that they wanted a running back who could catch passes and fit in with their current backfield.
    Link to story

Saints | Jameis Winston headed to the Big Easy
    Free-agent QB Jameis Winston (Buccaneers) agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the New Orleans on Tuesday, April 28. Financial terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed.
    Footballguys view: This deal was coming down for some time and now it's officially official. Winston will serve as a veteran backup behind Drew Brees who won't see the field unless there's an injury. We'll see if he can impress enough behind the scenes to earn the job as the next starter for the team when Brees retires.
    Link to story
    Jameis Winston player page

Packers | Green Bay wasn't going to let Jordan Love slip
    Green Bay Packers QB Jordan Love was highly coveted by the team before the Packers traded up to the 26th overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft to select him. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network said Monday, April 27, the Packers were 'adamant' about acquiring the QB.
    Footballguys view: The Packers made the move for the quarterback they can groom as an heir apparent to Aaron Rodgers. People talk about this motivating Rodgers, but is he really the type of guy who needs that? Rodgers is plenty motivated on his own! Now Green Bay has lit a fire they didn't need to. Love is a fine developmental quarterback but he'll need some time to be ready to start. Rodgers needed help...how about a wide receiver or two in the GREATEST wide receiver class in NFL history?!? Instead, the Packers failed to help their passing game in this draft. Sigh. We'll see how this works out.
    Link to story

Raiders | Lynn Bowden officially listed as RB

Las Vegas Raiders WR/RB Lynn Bowden has been officially listed as a running back on the team's website.
    Link to story

Steelers | Chase Claypool expected to play outside
    Pittsburgh Steelers WR Chase Claypool is expected to primarily line up outside, according to offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner, but the 6-foot-4 receiver can also play in the slot.
    Footballguys view: Claypool reminds some in the scouting community of a cross between Darren Waller (Raiders) and Devin Funchess (Packers). Last year in 726 snaps, Claypool played a majority of those snaps outside with 614. He's got build-up speed but Claypool can dominate in the red zone. We'll see how he makes the jump to the pros with the Steelers, a team famous for finding WR talent via the draft.
    Link to story

Cardinals | Kyler Murray set for next step?
    Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray is expected to take another big step in 2020 after being named the 2019 Offensive Rookie of the Year, according to general manager Steve Keim Tuesday, April 28. 'I think he's even a better pure passer than people have anticipated, but the thing that's gonna separate him is the ability to process, to see things, to make good decisions, get the ball out of his hands, don't take so many sacks,' Keim said.
    Footballguys view: Murray has more weapons around him, and certainly trading for DeAndre Hopkins earlier this year will be a huge boost for the passing game. Fantasy GMs already know that Murray has QB1 upside on a week-to-week basis. As a rookie in 2019, Murray finished as the No.9 fantasy quarterback in standard-scoring leagues. He could push for top-5 status this year.
    Link to story
    Kyler Murray player page

Texans | Deshaun Watson's option officially picked up
    Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson had his fifth-year contract option exercised Tuesday, April 28.
    Footballguys view: The Texans were always going to make this move. It leaves Watson under their control for the next two seasons while they work on a long-term extension. Watson should be one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the league in the near future. We'll see if they get something worked out before the Chiefs hand Patrick Mahomes a well-deserved monster contract.
    Link to story
    Deshaun Watson player page

Browns | Rashard Higgins returning to Cleveland
    Free-agent WR Rashard Higgins (Browns) reached agreement on a one-year contract with the Cleveland Browns Tuesday, April 28, according to a league source. Financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Higgins was out there on the open market for about two months and generated little interest. The veteran has never played up to his full potential and will once again be buried on the Browns depth chart behind Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry. He'll have more competition for a reserve role since the Browns drafted Donovan Peoples-Jones (Michigan) in the sixth round of the 2020 NFL draft.
    Link to story
    Rashard Higgins player page

Packers | Aaron Jones entering contract year in Green Bay
    Green Bay Packers RB Aaron Jones is entering the final year of his rookie contract. Coming off a 20-plus touchdown season, Jones will be pricey to re-sign, per Packers.com's Mike Spofford.
    Footballguys view: Jones is one of the best backs in the league, but who knows whether or not the Packers intend on keeping him around with a long-term deal. They did select running back A.J. Dillon (Boston College) in the second round of the 2020 NFL draft. Dillon is not as versatile as Jones since he's a two-down banger who thrives with power between the tackles. Hopefully, the Packers don't see Dillon as a replacement for Jones. Stay tuned.
    Link to story
    Aaron Jones player page

Chiefs | Clyde Edwards-Helaire excites K.C. brass
    Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid believes rookie RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, the team's first-round draft choice, has a strong ability to run the zone scheme and gap scheme, like he did at LSU. 'He has a unique ability to push the line of scrimmage in the run game and make his lateral cut and then accelerate up the field,' Reid said. Edwards-Helaire's use in the passing game also brings advantages, per Reid. '... as many times as you get single coverage with linebackers on that backside, it gives you some nice matchups potentially. His ability to run routes and catch the football. I thinks those are all pluses,' Reid added. 'You get a guy like Clyde Edwards-Helaire and second-and-8s now become second-and-2s and 3s,' general manager Brett Veach added. As the team's pick was coming up in the NFL Draft, Veach texted QB Patrick Mahomes about which player he wanted. Mahomes one-word text back was 'Clyde.' Veach and Reid have continued to keep Mahomes' offensive weapons well stocked.
    Footballguys view: Edwards-Helaire should excite Fantasy GMs as well. He is one of the most well-rounded backs to come into the league this year via the draft. Edwards-Helaire reminds some in the scouting community of Ray Rice when he came out of Rutgers years ago. The rookie from LSU has a three-down skill set and can shine as a runner or receiver out of the backfield. He doesn't need to come off the field and could win the starting job in training camp.
    Link to story

Jaguars | Laviska Shenault Jr. will move around
    Jacksonville Jaguars rookie WR Laviska Shenault Jr., a second-round draft choice, is expected to play an immediate role within the Jacksonville offense. Jaguars director of college scouting Mark Ellenz said Shenault is 'very athletic and he can run really well -- especially for his size.' Ellenz added Shenault is strong, has a lot of ability in running after the catch and is highly competitive. Jaguars receivers coach Keenan McCardell called his new weapon a 'Swiss Army knife' as Shenault is able to play all over the field. 'I like the fact that he's been moved around and he has a really good football IQ,' McCardell said.
    Footballguys view: Shenault should move around! First, he's great at multiple positions. Second, that's how he was used in college. Finally, defenses are going to have a hard time matching up with him due to his versatility. Shenault reminds some in the scouting community of A.J. Brown (Titans) because of his strength after the catch. The rookie from Colorado can line up wide, in the slot or even as a receiver out of the backfield.
    Link to story

Packers | Jamaal Williams entering contract year
    Green Bay Packers RB Jamaal Williams is entering the final year of his rookie contract. Packers.com's Mike Spofford speculates keeping Williams long term could be difficult if Williams seeks a larger role offensively.
    Footballguys view: Williams is not going to get more playing time than Aaron Jones, so he's likely to move on. We'll see if the Packers can get a long-term deal done with Jones as he's in the final year of his rookie contract as well. They did select A.J. Dillon out of Boston College in the second round of the 2020 NFL draft, and he's a two-down banger who could take over for Williams if he does move on.
    Link to story
    Jamaal Williams player page

Packers | AJ Dillon could push Packers' running game to next level
    Green Bay Packers rookie RB AJ Dillon had 845 carries during his college career, but the team isn't concerned. 'His structure, he's built to last,' said Green Bay's Northeast region scout Mike Owen. 'I'm good to go, as healthy as can be. I've had a lot of carries but it goes to show how I can handle the workload. I can be the workhorse. Everybody can know the ball is coming to me and I'll crank out the yards,' Dillon said. While Dillon had just 21 receptions over his past two seasons, he showed route-running and pass-catching ability at the NFL combine. Dillon wasn't just a pick for the future, per Owen. 'His body type and running style differ from both (Aaron) Jones' and (Jamaal) Williams', and his size could pay dividends in the cold or other bad-weather games ... I think he'll be a great complement to Aaron Jones and Jamaal. He can take this running game to the next level,' Owen added.
    Footballguys view: Dillon runs with power and intent on the football field. He is tough to bring down when he builds a head of steam, and the rookie from Boston College is a no-nonsense runner who can thrive between the tackles. He's a two-down banger right now but we'll see if he can round his game into form as a pass-catcher out of the backfield as well.
    Link to story

Buccaneers | Tom Brady didn't violate offseason rules
    The NFL looked into Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady recently visiting with offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich at Leftwich's house.
    Footballguys view: There was some concern that Brady was in violation of league rule but that now doesn't seem to be the case. The league determined Brady and Leftwich didn't violate any offseason work rules, as Brady was there for a brief personal visit to pick up his new team playbook. It occurred during the dead period before the virtual period of the offseason began.
    Link to story
    Tom Brady player page

JAKEPEAVY21

Lynn Bowden was an interesting pick by the Raiders, guy could be a versatile weapon.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Deshaun is probably pissed as fuk
    He will get his big contract soon enough.

cjwatsonfan32

If he doesn’t get help he won’t make it through that contract.

BarkingToad

There was concern Brady violated rules visiting his OC? LOL

JAKEPEAVY21

I wonder if he will stay in Houston?

LT Profits

Thursday Update

Colts | Indy sky-high on Michael Pittman Jr.
    Indianapolis Colts second-round pick WR Michael Pittman Jr. received a ton of praise from various scouts, coaches and front office personnel leading up to the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft on Friday, April 24. Via the team's Youtube channel, one executive compared him to Vincent Jackson, while head coach Frank Reich stated, 'I'm not sure this guy is not the best receiver in the draft. That's how strongly I felt.'
    Link to story

Giants | NY Giants pick up options on TE Evan Engram
    New York Giants TE Evan Engram had his fifth-year options exercised by the team on Tuesday, April 29.
    Link to story
    Evan Engram player page

Buccaneers | No extension talks with Chris Godwin yet
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin is a player the Buccaneers would like to sign to a long-term extension, but general manager Jason Licht said the two sides have not started extension talks at this point.
    Link to story
    Chris Godwin player page

Chargers | Hunter Henry unsure about new deal
    Los Angeles Chargers TE Hunter Henry said he is not sure how close he is to a long-term contract with the Chargers. Henry said the two sides were close earlier in the offseason, but the talks were delayed.
    Footballguys view: Henry has the franchise tag for 2020 but something can get done before the mid-July deadline. We don't expect anything to be official until that deadline, but you never know if the two sides are agreeable to a deal before then.
    Link to story
    Hunter Henry player page

Eagles | Corey Clement returning to Philly
    Free-agent RB Corey Clement (Eagles) agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles Wednesday, April 29. Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Clement landed on Injured Reserve with a shoulder injury in 2019 and just played four games total. He can work well as a runner and receiver out of the backfield but is just a reserve player who will find his normal spot at the back of the depth chart.
    Link to story
    Corey Clement player page

Buccaneers | O.J. Howard's option picked up by Bucs
    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers picked up the fifth-year option on TE O.J. Howard, which should pay him $6 million in 2021.
    Footballguys view: The option is guaranteed only for injury. There was buzz about the team trading Howard away but that never came to fruition. Instead, they keep him and pick up his option for 2021. We'll see Howard mixed in with Rob Gronkowski and Cameron Brate in the Bucs TEBC.
    Link to story
    O.J. Howard player page

NFL | Adam Vinatieri would like to still play
    Free-agent PK Adam Vinatieri (Colts) said he would like to continue his NFL career, but the quarantine has slowed his rehab from knee surgery. At this point, it isn't clear Vinatieri, 47, will be healthy enough by the start of the season.
    Link to story
    Adam Vinatieri player page

Titans | Darrynton Evans adds speed to Tennessee
    The Tennessee Titans added some lightning to their running game with the selection of RB Darrynton Evans in the third-round of the NFL Draft. Evans believes his speed and play style meshes well with RB Derrick Henry's style. 'I can change the pace of the game whether you need 80 yards on a quick play or just any kind of explosive plays. I just feel like I can get the job done and we can be a great little combination,' Evans said. Evans was clocked at 4.41 in the 40-yard dash at the combine and his one-cut ability makes him dangerous in the open field, as does his run-after-catch talents on screen plays. The team could also utilize Evans on special teams.
    Footballguys view: Evans has speed for days but he's a bit of a 'rail' runner meaning that he's on a track and don't ask him to change direction. He doesn't win with elusiveness and instead is patient and balanced in what he does with the ball. We expect Evans to win the No.2 job for the Titans behind Derrick Henry.
    Link to story

Bills | Gabriel Davis could be No. 4 receiver in Buffalo
    Buffalo Bills rookie WR Gabriel Davis, a fourth-round draft pick, will have an opportunity to become the team's No. 4 receiver behind Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and John Brown. 'I'm a big, physical, smart receiver, can do it all, versatile and can make big plays,' Davis said of himself.
    Footballguys view: Davis provides some big-play ability down the field due to his build-up speed and large catch radius. He logged 22 catches of 20-plus yards in 2019 and is a player Fantasy GMs need to monitor in dynasty formats.
    Link to story

Patriots | Devin Asiasi brings physical style to Pats
    New England Patriots rookie TE Devin Asiasi sees the importance in run blocking as much as he does in catching passes. He said run blocking sets the tone for the entire game when you're physical early in the game.
    Footballguys view: Asiasi is a steady performer as a pass-catcher. He's not flashy by any means, but Asiasi runs good routes and knows how to find the soft spot in a zone. He'll pair with fellow rookie TE Dalton Keene for the Patriots.
    Link to story

Redskins | Antonio Gandy-Golden may contribute quickly in Washington
    Washington Redskins head coach Ron Rivera spoke highly of rookie WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, a fourth-round selection. Rivera believes Gandy-Golden can contribute in the red zone and work the middle of the field to keep chains moving. 'He can block, he's a guy that we feel can be a very physical blocker,' Rivera said. Due to that blocking ability along with his knack for making contested catches, the Redskins feel he can contribute immediately and be an ideal compliment to second-year WR Terry McLaurin.
    Footballguys view: Washington is looking for someone opposite McLaurin and that may be the small-school prospect from Liberty. Gandy-Golden has excellent body control and athleticism to make crazy catches seem routine. He's a throw-it-up-and-go-get-it type of receiver who could become a favorite of the quarterback in the red zone.
    Link to story

Bills | Jake Fromm to compete for backup role in Buffalo
    Buffalo Bills rookie QB Jake Fromm, a fifth-round pick, said he plans to show up to work for Buffalo and do whatever he can do to help the team win. 'Every quarterback wants to be the starter. Then again, I have no idea exactly what I'm getting myself into,' Fromm said. Fromm is expected to compete for a backup role in Buffalo.
    Footballguys view: Fromm could win the backup job behind Josh Allen this year. He's at best a Kirk Cousins-like quarterback but might only be a Colt McCoy in the NFL. That's more than fine for what the Bills need him to do and where they drafted him. Fromm is a good college quarterback who could stick around for a long time as a backup in the NFL.
    Link to story

Patriots | Dalton Keene brings versatility to Pats
    New England Patriots rookie TE Dalton Keene brings versatility and toughness to the New England offense. Keene has lined up at multiple spots during his college career, including flush against the tackle, in the backfield and out wide. He is also known as a hard-nosed player, never shying away from running defenders over. According to the Boston Globe's Christopher Price, the ideal situation for Keene in 2020 would be a complementary role on offense while helping on special teams.
    Footballguys view: Keene was one of the most versatile tight ends in this draft class. He can line up in-line, in the slot or out wide...and even in the backfield. Keene was a high school quarterback as a freshmen and might even throw a gadget pass here or there. He's a tough, hard-nosed player the Patriots should figure out multiple ways to use on offense.
    Link to story

Titans | Battle for No. 2 RB in Tennessee
    Tennessee Titans rookie RB Darrynton Evans is expected to compete with RBs Dalyn Dawkins and Shaun Wilson for the No. 2 running back role behind starter Derrick Henry.
    Footballguys view: We'll give the edge to Evans in this competition although training camp will tell who comes out on top. Evans is patient, balanced and fast as a runner. He's more of a rhythm runner or 'rail runner' than someone who is going to create on his own with moves and elusiveness.
    Link to story

Titans | Competition at QB2 in Tennessee?
    Tennessee Titans rookie QB Cole McDonald, a seventh-round selection, will add competition at the backup quarterback position behind starter Ryan Tannehill. McDonald is viewed more as a developmental quarterback at this point. He'll compete with Logan Woodside.
    Footballguys view: McDonald is an interesting developmental quarterback for the Titans. We should see him win the No.2 job behind Tannehill in training camp. Fantasy GMs in deep dynasty leagues should be monitoring his progress. McDonald loves to take chances with the football as a passer. That's admirable but he needs to dial that back a bit and be a little safer with the ball if he wants to make it in the NFL.
    Link to story

Bills | Gabriel Davis brings size to Buffalo WRs
    Buffalo Bills rookie WR Gabriel Davis, a fourth-round draft choice, has reliable hands and the ability go after the ball at 6-foot-2. While the Bills have a solid top-three receiver set, Ryan Talbot, of Syracuse.com, believes it would have been a mistake for the team not to add more depth in a receiver-rich draft class.
    Footballguys view: Davis has an interesting size/speed combination. He has build-up speed which is not ideal, and he could struggle against more athletic coverage in the pros. It's good that Davis has a large catch radius and good 'my ball' mentality when the ball is in the air.
    Link to story

Saints | Jameis Winston terms
    Updating previous reports, New Orleans Saints QB Jameis Winston's one-year deal has a $952,000 base salary and a $148,000 signing bonus. He can earn $1.76 million in playing time incentives, $1.8 million in playoff playing time incentives and $40,000 Pro Bowl incentives. The deal is worth a base of $1.1 million with the potential for $4.7 million with incentives.
    Footballguys view: Winston has one year to prove himself behind the scenes. He won't start unless there's an injury to Drew Brees. In fact, we could see Taysom Hill get more snaps than Winston in 2020. Hill was set for a larger role this season anyway, and that could include some time at quarterback.
    Link to story
    Jameis Winston player page

cjwatsonfan32

I love that troll $40000 pro bowl bonus for Jameis

JAKEPEAVY21

Pittman Jr was a nice pick for the Colts.

LT Profits

Friday Update

Chiefs | Damien Williams holding on to starting job?
    Kansas City Chiefs RB Damien Williams will 'come in as the starting running back and (Clyde Edwards-Helaire) will have to come in here and compete for playing time,' according to general manager Brett Veach, who added he believes Williams and Edwards-Helaire will form a 'one-two punch.''I certainly think it's going to be a shared load. Damien has been in this offense for a long time and certainly has shown what he can do on that playoff run. The guy's a really good pass protector (and) can catch the football,' Veach said.
    Footballguys view: Edwards-Helaire is a fine rookie with a three-down skill set. It wouldn't surprise us to see the 2020 first-round pick win the starting job over Williams. They're both talented, so Kansas City is looking at some sort of RBBC for this season.
    Link to story
    Damien Williams player page

Packers | GM pushed for Jordan Love selection
    Green Bay Packers first-round selection QB Jordan Love (Utah State) possesses 'a rare combination of (Brett) Favre's gunslinging, (Aaron) Rodgers' ability to process the game and Patrick Mahomes-like athleticism,' ESPN's Rob Demovsky suggested Thursday, April 30, in regards to why general manager Brian Gutekunst drafted Love.'He's a very natural thrower, can make all the throws, he's a very good athlete, he has the kind of size we look for. I just think there's some rawness to him, but I just think he's got everything in front of him. And we really like the guy. We think he's a really good kid, wanted to work, and he just kind of fits with our culture. ... '(Head coach Matt LaFleur) was on the (phone) line with us and understood where I was coming from. I think it was one of those things where, again, with a second-year head coach, I certainly wasn't going to give him a player he didn't want. It's not something we anticipated. It kind of fell to us, and we were excited about that. I know a lot of people will look at this as not a move for the immediate, and I understand that, but the balance of the immediate and the long term is something that I have to consider, and that's why we did it,' Gutekunst said.
    Footballguys view: The Packers wanted an upgrade to the backup to Aaron Rodgers and they wanted a quarterback they could groom as an eventual starter. Love fits the bill and has high upside if he fully develops. His mechanics as a passer are nearly perfect, he's got a strong arm and Love is athletic. He is wild as a passer and takes a lot of chances with the ball. We'll see if he can dial that back while maintaining his aggression as a passer learning behind Rodgers.
    Link to story

Seahawks | Chris Carson will start season on time
    Seattle Seahawks RB Chris Carson (hip) is doing great and will be ready for the start of the season, according to general manager John Schneider Thursday, April 30.
    Footballguys view: Carson is a fine starter when healthy but he does struggle to stay healthy with a starter's workload. Seattle will start Rashaad Penny on the PUP list to begin the regular season. That leaves Travis Homer and rookie DeeJay Dallas as the options behind Carson.
    Link to story
    Chris Carson player page

Seahawks | Rashaad Penny to begin on PUP list
    Seattle Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny (knee) will begin the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list, according to general manager John Schneider Thursday, April 30. 'He's doing great but it was a late-season injury,' Schneider said.
    Footballguys view: Zero surprise here. Penny is talented but he's struggled to stay healthy in the pros. The former first-round pick will have to see if he can comeback in the middle of the regular season. Penny tore his ACL Dec. 8 and it usually requires a 9-10 month recovery.
    Link to story
    Rashaad Penny player page

Seahawks | Seattle likes Anthony Gordon
    Seattle Seahawks QB Anthony Gordon has the team 'really excited about' him, according to general manager John Schneider Thursday, April 30.
    Footballguys view: Gordon was another hyper-productive quarterback in a long line under Washington State head coach Mike Leach. He lost the starting job to Gardner Minshew in 2018 but returned for 2019 and put up monster numbers in the 'Air Raid' system. Gordon throws with touch and is accurate in the short-to-intermediate range. He needs better footwork to create more velocity as a passer. Gordon could perhaps make Seattle's practice squad as a rookie.
    Link to story

Steelers | Spencer Nigh deal now official
    Updating a previous story, undrafted free-agent RB Spencer Nigh (Auburn) officially signed a three-year deal Thursday, April 30. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
    Link to story

Eagles | Corey Clement officially signs
    Updating a previous story, Philadelphia Eagles RB Corey Clement officially signed an undisclosed contract Thursday, April 30.
    Footballguys view: Clement is back with the Eagles and should take up his usual spot near the end of the depth chart. He's a decent runner and receiving option out of the backfield but won't wow that much if he gets his hands on the rock.
    Link to story
    Corey Clement player page

Packers | GB closes on three UDFA signings
    Undrafted free-agent TE Jordan Jones (Prairie View), QB Jalen Morton (Prairie View) and RB Patrick Taylor (Memphis) officially signed three-year deals with the Green Bay Packers Thursday, April 30. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Patrick Taylor was teammates with Antonio Gibson in college at Memphis. While Gibson was the WR/RB for the team, moving all around the field, Taylor was the grinder for the Tigers...when healthy. A left foot injury suffered last year caused him to miss most of the 2019 season. As a runner, Taylor is swift and has prototypical size. We like his vision and timing as a runner and will keep an eye on him in deep dynasty formats.
    Link to story

Broncos | Denver finalizes two UDFA signings
    Undrafted free-agent RB LeVante Bellamy (Western Michigan) and WR Zimari Manning (Tarleton State) officially signed three-year deals with the Denver Broncos Thursday, April 30. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Keep an eye out for Bellamy in deep dynasty formats. He's a smaller back, but like Phillip Lindsay he doesn't mind running inside and has the juice to bounce outside at the linebacker level. Bellamy was paid a $35,000 guaranteed salary so the team likes him. He's a good pass-catching option out of the backfield and his pass-protection skills are underrated. We'll see how he can fit in the Broncos backfield behind Melvin Gordon and Lindsay.
    Link to story

Bears | Ted Ginn joining Chicago
    The Chicago Bears and free-agent WR Ted Ginn Jr. (Saints) have agreed to terms on a one-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Ginn didn't receive much interest on the open market. He's older now but still has plenty of speed to get by defenders deep. That will be his role for the Bears, catching passes from Nick Foles or Mitchell Trubisky. Ginn won't have much fantasy value in 2020.
    Link to story
    Ted Ginn Jr player page

Ravens | J.K. Dobbins was top player on Baltimore board
    Baltimore Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said the team was ecstatic to land rookie RB J.K. Dobbins in the NFL Draft. 'He was by far -- by far -- the highest-rated guy that we had on the board. We kind of felt like he fell out of the sky right to us, the type of team that we are to get a running back like that,' DeCosta said.
    Footballguys view: There's good reason why Dobbins was so highly rated, he's got a three-down skill set and star upside in the pros. The Ravens backfield is jam-packed right now, so Dobbins will have to work his way to the top of the depth chart through guys like Gus Edwards and Mark Ingram. We could see a RBBC for the 2020 season.
    Link to story

Ravens | 2020 Mark Ingram's last year in Baltimore?
    This could be RB Mark Ingram's last year with the Baltimore Ravens, speculates Nick Shook, of NFL.com. Ingram's three-year deal, which he's entering year two of, includes a potential out for the team after the 2020 season. Ingram's dead-cap number will drop from $3.16 million to $1.3 million; and his actual cap hit jumps by $1 million. The addition of rookie J.K. Dobbins could be a move to prepare for Ingram's departure.
    Footballguys view: Dobbins is one of the most well-rounded backs to come into the NFL this year. He should emerge as the top back for the Ravens eventually but not yet with Ingram still playing at a high level. This has the makings of a RBBC for the Ravens in 2020.
    Link to story
    Mark Ingram II player page

Chargers | Bolts' coach says Justin Herbert can do everything
    Los Angeles Chargers rookie QB Justin Herbert was selected to be the team's franchise quarterback, according to head coach Anthony Lynn. When he'll begin that journey as a starter has yet to be determined. 'I don't want to put a timetable on this young man. ... Does he need a couple of years? Does he need one year? Maybe he doesn't need any at all. I don't know,' Lynn said. 'They're [Herbert and Tyrod Taylor] going to go in and they're going to compete. The best guy is going to play.' With the COVID19 shut down, Lynn acknowledges Herbert's development may be slowed without the on-field piece. 'I don't care how smart you are, until you get in there and get those reps, especially with a new offense and maybe doing some things differently than you've done in the past, like playing underneath the center, that's going to be harder if we don't have camps,' Lynn added. Lynn noted he thinks Herbert is able to do everything, saying Herbert is mobile, fast and has a strong arm.
    Footballguys view: Herbert can do everything. He's got the build of a franchise quarterback and the arm to make all the throws required in the NFL. Herbert is risk averse and can be a bit robotic in decision making, and we'll see if he opens up a bit more in the pros.
    Link to story

Ravens | Baltimore loaded at RB
    Baltimore Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said the team's top-four running backs can all do different things, which will allow the team to utilize each of their strengths and the backs 'should be fresh for four quarters.' The Ravens have Mark Ingram, Justice Hill, Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins all in the mix, which DeCosta feels makes the team well-rounded and hard to defend against. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman will be tasked with getting the most out of each of them, while using them to their strengths.
    Footballguys view: The Ravens are going to be able to run the ball no matter who is in the mix. Fantasy GMs are going to have to wait and see if anyone emerges as the top option or if it becomes a RBBC featuring two or three backs.
    Link to story
    Mark Ingram II player page
    Gus Edwards player page
    Justice Hill player page

Redskins | Ron Rivera discusses Cam Newton
    Could the Washington Redskins be interested in adding free-agent QB Cam Newton (Panthers)? Redskins head coach Ron Rivera, who coached Newton in Carolina, said it is something he's thought about. '... It's something that's run through my mind, and it's about the situation and circumstances. I'm not sure I would do it. I'm not sure if I wouldn't do it. It depends on the circumstances,' Rivera said. 'We're in a situation where we've got two really young quarterbacks, one that's been with us, been in the system, understands how we want things done and the other one is a guy who was taken last year in the first round and shows some promise,' Rivera said of the team's current top quarterbacks, Dwayne Haskins and Kyle Allen.
    Footballguys view: Washington doesn't want to mix the message with their young quarterbacks. Haskins was a first-round pick in 2019 by the former regime, but he might be the favorite to start. Allen was with Rivera in Carolina and will push Haskins for that top spot. Newton continues to wait for his opportunity, and it doesn't sound like Rivera is going to bring him on board at this time.
    Link to story
    Cam Newton player page

Chiefs | Clyde Edwards-Helaire excited to be in K.C.
    Kansas City Chiefs rookie RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who was the first running back selected in this year's NFL Draft, described his being drafted by the Chiefs as 'the absolute perfect fit.'
    Footballguys view: Fantasy GMs are excited about Edwards-Helaire since he landed with the Chiefs. He's a compact runner with great contact balance. Edwards-Helaire can also be used effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. He should be able to take advantage of defenses so focused on slowing down Mahomes and the Chiefs passing game.
    Link to story

Chargers | Tyrod Taylor expected to be QB1 for Bolts
    Los Angeles Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn continues to emphasize confidence in veteran QB Tyrod Taylor, who is expected to earn the QB1 job for the Chargers to start the season. How long Taylor holds onto the starting role will largely be determined by the development of rookie QB Justin Herbert, a first-round selection.
    Footballguys view: Zero surprise here. Taylor has plenty of starting experience and can lead a quality team towards a playoff run in 2020. Herbert needs time to develop but he is clearly the quarterback of the future. If Taylor struggles to win or gets injured, then Herbert will get thrust into the starting lineup to take over. If Taylor is winning and healthy, Herbert will just have to develop and wait his turn.
    Link to story
    Tyrod Taylor player page

Chargers | Mike Williams fifth-year picked up by L.A.
    The Los Angeles Chargers have picked up the fifth-year option on WR Mike Williams, who is now under contract with the team through the 2021 season.
    Footballguys view: Williams set career highs in catches (49) and yards (1,001) in 2019 but his touchdowns fell off big time from 10 in 2019 to just two scores last season. We'll see how he meshes with Tyrod Taylor at quarterback for the Chargers in 2020. Williams has big-play ability down the field as a deep target and could thrive when strong-armed rookie quarterback Justin Herbert takes over.
    Link to story
    Mike Williams player page

Chiefs | Patrick Mahomes fifth-year option picked up
    The Kansas City Chiefs have exercised the fifth-year option on QB Patrick Mahomes. He is now under contract through the 2021 season.
    Footballguys view: The Chiefs aren't going to let Mahomes go anywhere. The option is picked up and keeps him under contract for the next two seasons. In the meantime, the Chiefs can start working on a long-term extension that makes Mahomes the highest-paid quarterback in the league by a wide margin. Who knows when that will actually happen but make no mistake about it, they will sign him to the largest contract in NFL history when they can.
    Link to story
    Patrick Mahomes II player page

Jaguars | Andy Dalton on option for JAX?
    Free-agent QB Andy Dalton (Bengals) could be an option for the Jacksonville Jaguars and offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.
    Footballguys view: Gruden was Dalton's former coach with the Bengals, so that's why many are speculating a reunion may be in the near future. The Jaguars have Garnder Minshew as their starter as they traded away Nick Foles earlier this year. Dalton could come in to give them veteran depth at least if not beat out Minshew for the top spot. We'll see if they make a move or stay put with what they have in place.
    Link to story
    Andy Dalton player page

Redskins | Antonio Gibson compared to star
    Washington Redskins third-round draft pick WR/RB Antonio Gibson has been compared to Carolina Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey. 'No, that's fair. He's a little bit bigger than Christian, but he's got a skill set like Christian,' said head coach Ron Rivera, who coached McCaffrey for two seasons. 'This is a very versatile, young football player that we really think is going to be a guy that can get on the field for us early and contribute.'
    Footballguys view: We love Gibson but struggle with the comparison to McCaffrey. He's a superstar and Gibson has upside but to reach the heights of the Carolina RB will be difficult. Gibson can play out wide, in the slot or catch passes from the backfield. As a runner, Gibson has untapped potential and does a good job using his size to run through defenders. He's immediately the most well-rounded running back in the Washington backfield. We'll see how he works out this year battling to establish a pecking order with Derrius Guice and Adrian Peterson.
    Link to story

Bengals | CIN opens up cap space
    Updating an earlier report, Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton's release freed up $17.7 million in salary cap space.
    Footballguys view: The Bengals are Joe Burrow's team and Dalton requested his release. Dalton was average as a starter and the team is now hoping to take the next step with Burrow.
    Link to story
    Andy Dalton player page

Bengals | Joe Burrow to start
    Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow has been officially anointed the starter after the team released QB Andy Dalton Thursday, April 30.
    Footballguys view: Burrow was likely to win the starting job anyway if Dalton stayed with the team. He was the No.1 overall pick and deemed a 'can't miss' prospect by everyone in the scouting community. We're excited about Burrow's ability as a passer due to his accuracy and pass placement. Burrow will have a nice collection of wide receivers to throw to and he's got RB Joe Mixon to help soften up defenses.
    Link to story

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Does everyone else think Joe Burrow is a can't miss prospect? I could see him being a huge bust.

BarkingToad

Does everyone else think Joe Burrow is a can't miss prospect? I could see him being a huge bust.
    Certainly could be a bust, but the likely return of AJ Green will help Burrow a lot.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Burrow will be a great QB someday, if the Bungals get good player around him. Andy Dalton should sign with the Patriots, Jags, or Bears.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He looks to have the skill set to succeed but like others said, if he doesn’t have talent around him it will lessen the odds of him succeeding. Coaching will be huge for him. Is Taylor the guy to do it or will he stunt him?

Rooting for the kid to live up to draft spot.

cjwatsonfan32

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    He looks to have the skill set to succeed but like others said, if he doesn’t have talent around him it will lessen the odds of him succeeding. Coaching will be huge for him. Is Taylor the guy to do it or will he stunt him?

Rooting for the kid to live up to draft spot.

I mean the odds say he's more likely to bust than not but that being said I like his upside better than i do baker or kyler from a pure NFL quarterback stance. Kyler seems like he'll look the best this year for sure, but he better hope kliff kingsbury stays around because I dont see him being a non-system qb. Ill give Joe this, when he was drafted #1 at least he didnt have big 12 defenses he was setting records against.

BarkingToad

I mean the odds say he's more likely to bust than not but that being said I like his upside better than i do baker or kyler from a pure NFL quarterback stance. Kyler seems like he'll look the best this year for sure, but he better hope kliff kingsbury stays around because I dont see him being a non-system qb. Ill give Joe this, when he was drafted #1 at least he didnt have big 12 defenses he was setting records against.
    I much prefer Kyler Murray over Burrow

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Burrow will be a great QB someday, if the Bungals get good player around him. Andy Dalton should sign with the Patriots, Jags, or Bears.
    The Bengals do have some good skill players in Mixon, Green and Boyd.

LT Profits

Saturday Update

Eagles | Jalen Reagor fills a void for Philly
    Philadelphia Eagles WR Jalen Reagor was drafted to make the offense 'more explosive' after Philadelphia's quarterbacks averaged a league-low 6.46 yards per target when throwing to wide receivers in 2019, according to general manager Howie Roseman.
    Link to story

Vikings | Dalvin Cook poised for big deal?
    Minnesota Vikings RB Dalvin Cook has become the 'face of the franchise' and is 'next in line' for a big contract extension, according to Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com.
    Link to story
    Dalvin Cook player page

Lions | Jason Huntley to have a role?
    Detroit Lions RB Jason Huntley's speed will be an asset to the running game, according to general manager Bob Quinn. 'Huntley will be our smallest guy, but he's extremely fast,' Quinn said. 'So I'm very confident that we'll find a role for him.'
    Link to story

Redskins | Antonio Gibson expected to be RB
    Washington Redskins WR Antonio Gibson will be utilized more as a running back than a receiver in the NFL, according to John Keim of ESPN.com.
    Link to story

Browns | Early role for Donovan Peoples-Jones?
    Cleveland Browns WR Donovan Peoples-Jones could contribute 'immediately' as a kick returner and gunner on special teams, in the opinion of Ellis L. Williams of The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
    Link to story

Buccaneers | Tampa claims Elliott Fry
    Former Carolina Panthers PK Elliott Fry was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Friday, May 1, according to a source.
    Link to story

Jaguars | No option for Leonard Fournette
    Jacksonville Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette will not have his fifth-year option picked up this offseason, according to a source.
    Footballguys view: The Jaguars wanted to trade him away during the draft, so it's no surprise they don't pick up his fifth-year option. Fournette is in the last year of his contract in 2020 and will be an unrestricted free agent in 2021. This is his last year with the team most likely and there's still no guarantee he makes it to Week 1 with the team if someone needs a back later.
    Link to story
    Leonard Fournette player page

Jaguars | Jacksonville adding Chris Thompson
    Free-agent RB Chris Thompson (Redskins) agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars Friday, May 1, according to a source. Financial terms were not disclosed.
    Footballguys view: Thompson is reunited with Jags OC Jay Gruden who was his coach in Washington. He's a pass-catching threat who should take third-down duties away from Leonard Fournette. Thompson has some flex appeal in PPR leagues due to his skill set and assumed role with the Jaguars.
    Link to story
    Chris Thompson player page

49ers | Nick Mullens under contract
    San Francisco 49ers exclusive rights free-agent QB Nick Mullens signed his one-year tender offer Friday, May 1.
    Footballguys view: The 49ers really like Mullens as their backup quarterback. He was an ERFA so there really was no other choice if Mullens wanted to play football in 2020. He's got a one-year contract worth $660,000 for this season.
    Link to story

Texans | Brandin Cooks healthy, ready to ball
    Houston Texans WR Brandin Cooks, who has been traded three times in his six-year career, doesn't view being moved so regularly as a negative. 'I take it as a positive that I'm wanted, and that I'm valued at a high level still,' Cooks said. He said he feels blessed to be able to play with so many different teams and quarterbacks. Cooks also feels he can adjust quickly with new teams. 'Wherever I go, like I tell people, I'm going to ball. So I'm not worried about that,' Cooks added. Cooks said he's healthy. 'As far as the concussions, I'm feeling great and I look forward to playing football,' Cooks said. Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said Cooks is a tremendous route runner with great speed and is a really good deep-ball player. O'Brien also isn't worried about the concussions. 'Yes, he's had concussions, but he's only missed two games since 2015,' O'Brien said.
    Footballguys view: Cooks could be the No.1 receiver for the Texans this year if he can stay healthy. He'll team up with Will Fuller and Randall Cobb to give QB Deshaun Watson a nice trio of receivers to throw to...if they can stay healthy.
    Link to story
    Brandin Cooks player page

Chiefs | Patrick Mahomes confident in process
    Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes said Friday, May 1, that he is confident he will receive a new long-term contract long before his current deal expires at the end of the 2021 season. 'Obviously I want to be a Chief for a long time,' Mahomes said. 'I want to have a contract that says that and I can go out there and know I have that security. I understand and trust the Chiefs' organization and everybody in it that they're gonna handle it the right way. I trust my representation that they're going to ease my mind and let me go out there and just love the game I love playing. So for me, whenever that happens, it happens. But I'm gonna focus on being the best football player I can be every single day.'
    Footballguys view: We're not worried about this. Mahomes will soon be the highest-paid quarterback in the league and he should get a contract that is larger than any other in NFL history. The Chiefs are not letting him go anywhere, and Mahomes could be a dominant force in the AFC West for a decade-plus.
    Link to story
    Patrick Mahomes II player page

Bills | Stefon Diggs lacking Buffalo reps
    Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs hasn't had a chance to build on-field chemistry with QB Josh Allen during the ongoing coronavirus shutdown, but head coach Sean McDermott says he's not overly worried. 'I am concerned about it, but I guess not worried at this point,' McDermott said Friday, May, 1, while also noting every team faces its share of challenges. 'What you do is try to adjust and adapt, and like we said before, our theme this offseason has been: `Find a way.''
    Footballguys view: Diggs is a seasoned veteran who should be able to gel with his new quarterback quickly. He wants the ball and Diggs will demand the ball once the regular season gets here. That emphasis on getting Diggs involved early and often will build that chemistry quickly.
    Link to story
    Stefon Diggs player page

Raiders | Derek Carr tuning out negativity
    Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr says he is focusing on winning more games and scoring more points. If you have something (negative) to say to me, I have no time for you,' he said in an interview with The Athletic. '... We just need to score more and win more. That's my mindset. I don't care about anything else.'
    Footballguys view: Carr has been tuning out negativity for quite some time. He's got competition for the starting job this year in Marcus Mariota and we'll see if he can come out on top. The Raiders made moves in the draft to get him better talent to throw to. We'll see how tossing the rock to guys like Henry Ruggs III improves his game.
    Link to story
    Derek Carr player page

Jaguars | Confidence in Gardner Minshew?
    Jacksonville Jaguars QB Gardner Minshew on Friday, May 1, received a semi vote of confidence from head coach Doug Marrone, who also left the door open to the team adding a quarterback as well. 'Ya, he's our QB, there's no doubt about it,' Marrone said in an interview on Good Morning Football. '... But one of the things that we're doing, we're still looking to to make sure were upgraded at each position. There are some veterans out there that we might look at to bring in.'
    Footballguys view: The team gave Minshew a vote of confidence when they traded Nick Foles away to the Bears earlier this year. We'll see if they nab Andy Dalton now that he's on the open market, but it's looking like Minshew will be their starter to open the regular season.
    Link to story
    Gardner Minshew player page

Titans | Corey Davis' option declined
    Tennessee Titans WR Corey Davis' fifth-year option was declined Friday, May 1.
    Footballguys view: No surprise here. With the fifth-year option, Davis would have made $15.6 million in 2021. Now, he'll make $8.1 million in the final year of his contract this season. Davis has yet to play up to his potential and the team has a No.1 WR in A.J. Brown. A change of scenery could do him some good.
    Link to story
    Corey Davis player page

Patriots | Devin Asiasi a big tight end
    New England Patriots third-round pick Devin Asiasi is a big-play tight end that moves well for his size. He works well against zone coverages and shows ability to run solid routs and create separation. He has struggled with his weight in the past and could use blocking refinement.
    Footballguys view: Asiasi is going to compete with fellow rookie tight end Dalton Keene in training camp to establish a pecking order. Veterans Matt LaCosse and Ryan Izzo are still there too. Don't be surprised if we see the two rookies splitting time as the main targets for the Patriots at the tight end position.
    Link to story

Bills | Zack Moss could see red zone work
    Buffalo Bills third-round pick RB Zack Moss could see the carries inside the 10-yard line, according to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. Moss is a downhill runner that improved his receiving skills with 28 catches last year at Utah and 13.9 yards per reception.
    Footballguys view: Moss won't run away from any defender but he does love to get physical between the tackles. He can win collisions and he has good contact balance. Moss will compete for the Frank Gore role as the primary backup to Devin Singletary in 2020.
    Link to story

Raiders | Bryan Edwards not shy of contact
    Las Vegas Raiders third-round pick WR Bryan Edwards is known for breaking tackles and doesn't shy away from contact. Edwards is 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, and general manager Mike Mayock envisions Edwards as the physical X receiver on the outside.
    Footballguys view: He's so big, Edwards could pass for a tight end. Over the last two years, Edwards had a whopping 27 tackles so you can count on him to gain yards after contact. Edwards is big and strong but does not win at the catch point consistently when fighting for the ball. We'll see if he can improve that skill with the Raiders.
    Link to story

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 159

I think it would b a mistake for vikes to give cook a huge deal

His explosives won't last much longer

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Murray is a year younger than Burrow too.

cjwatsonfan32

Let’s re-visit this in 2025.

cjwatsonfan32

Murray is a year younger than Burrow too.
    That’s huge that’s like a whole 366 days since this is a leap year. I didn’t consider how ancient Joe is.

12 Last