thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Yes and it's not even close. Dude still putting up solid numbers.

He dominated for a decade on bum knees.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

No because the word "gore" evokes images of violence and malice and that has no place in my precious Hall of Fame.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    No. He played for bad teams and didn't win anything.
    Dan Marino ? Let’s boot his ass too & fuk Matt Ryan for a future sniff at HOF, bunch of fukKing losers.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Leads me back to my Kirk Cousins argument. If Cousins retires w 65,000 yards and is top 8 all time is that HOF? Obviously yes.
    Kirk Cousins overall record in games started is 34-37, a .473 win percentage. 34-38 if you count the one time he went to the playoffs.

He belongs in the Hall of Below Average.

Only two QBs I know of in the Hall with losing records are Sonny Jergensen, who led the league in passing five time, and freaking Broadway Joe Namath, who helped take the league to another level by giving the AFC relevance. Also, Joe’s stats would have been much better if not for playing through terrible knee injuries his entire career.

Cousins no where near Hall worthy.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Kirk Cousins overall record in games started is 34-37, a .473 win percentage. 34-38 if you count the one time he went to the playoffs.

He belongs in the Hall of Below Average.

Only two QBs I know of in the Hall with losing records are Sonny Jergensen, who led the league in passing five time, and freaking Broadway Joe Namath, who helped take the league to another level by giving the AFC relevance. Also, Joe’s stats would have been much better if not for playing through terrible knee injuries his entire career.

Cousins no where near Hall worthy.
    Learn the game

Marino in

Ryan in

Rivers in

Cousins in

Best QB in NFL as far as efficiency goes

Disagree= jerkoff status

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I think he falls a little short of the Hall, YPC just a little above average and pass catching skills average at best. Young running backs could learn from him on how to keep playing for years, stay low and deliver the punishment. Defensive players hated to play against him. Also, he was great at picking up a blitz, that is not a small thing...

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Learn the game

Marino in

Ryan in

Rivers in

Cousins in

Disagree= jerkoff status
    I realize this is SBR and most debates end up in the gutter with people just bitching at each other. Just because I have a different opinion than yours doesn’t mean I don’t know the game or am a “jerkoff.” But I guess to go there is your only defense mechanism.

I’ll just state my position using these crazy things I discovered called facts to try and back up a few opinions.

Here’s three QBs you compare Cousins to:

Marino’s record was 155-103, a .601 win %. He led the league in passing five times and played in 18 playoff games and a Super Bowl. Marino had 33 fourth-quarter comebacks. League MVP 1984. First-ballot Hall of Famer.

Rivers has a 123-96 overall record (.562) and has passed for over 4K 10 times. Rivers has 26 fourth-quarter comebacks. Still, never getting to a Super Bowl (and only one AFC championship game appearance) will likely give those who are anti-Rivers an argument against his Hall chances. He could be one of those that takes multiple years of eligibility to get in.

Ryan has a 106-78 (.578) career record and has passed for 4K 8 times. He has been to a Super Bowl and should have won it. Ryan has 27 fourth-quarter comebacks. He won the MVP in 2016. Agreed, he likely makes the Hall of Fame.

Cousins (34-38 career record) took over a loaded Vikings squad and transformed a 13-win team from a season before into his kind of ball club, an 8-win team.

I would argue that Cousins is not on a Hall of Fame path. That could change, but I doubt it.

You lean on his stats but when they are ultimately adjusted for the era he played in, the most QB friendly of all time, I feel many more of his contemporaries will rate better and Cousins will fall short.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Cousins wasnt a full time starter until he was 27 I doubt he gets the career numbers.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Learn the game

Marino in

Ryan in

Rivers in

Cousins in

Disagree= jerkoff status
    Funny one the biggest clowns here has to resort to name calling cause nobody agrees w his ignorant homer ass bs opinion. Just listing those other QBs then putting cousins in same breath shows how truly clueless you are and always been. Just cause you wanna suck his rooster don’t make him a HOFer, just like passing numbers today don’t mean jack shit to anybody w half a brain.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    I realize this is SBR and most debates end up in the gutter with people just bitching at each other. Just because I have a different opinion than yours doesn’t mean I don’t know the game or am a “jerkoff.” But I guess to go there is your only defense mechanism.

I’ll just state my position using these crazy things I discovered called facts to try and back up a few opinions.

Here’s three QBs you compare Cousins to:

Marino’s record was 155-103, a .601 win %. He led the league in passing five times and played in 18 playoff games and a Super Bowl. Marino had 33 fourth-quarter comebacks. League MVP 1984. First-ballot Hall of Famer.

Rivers has a 123-96 overall record (.562) and has passed for over 4K 10 times. Rivers has 26 fourth-quarter comebacks. Still, never getting to a Super Bowl (and only one AFC championship game appearance) will likely give those who are anti-Rivers an argument against his Hall chances. He could be one of those that takes multiple years of eligibility to get in.

Ryan has a 106-78 (.578) career record and has passed for 4K 8 times. He has been to a Super Bowl and should have won it. Ryan has 27 fourth-quarter comebacks. He won the MVP in 2016. Agreed, he likely makes the Hall of Fame.

Cousins (34-38 career record) took over a loaded Vikings squad and transformed a 13-win team from a season before into his kind of ball club, an 8-win team.

I would argue that Cousins is not on a Hall of Fame path. That could change, but I doubt it.

You lean on his stats but when they are ultimately adjusted for the era he played in, the most QB friendly of all time, I feel many more of his contemporaries will rate better and Cousins will fall short.
    He doesn’t possess the intellect to understand these numbers today are more meaningless than his opinion.

mike tyson35
    mike tyson35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Numbers in today’s game is inflated, with happy passing offense and rules that favors the QB. Once again iron mike says cousin isn’t a HOF QB. He can not elevate his team when they need him. He is better then a few QB that have won Super Bowl

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Cousins wasnt a full time starter until he was 27 I doubt he gets the career numbers.
    This is the amazing thing...assuming he plays to 40, at just 4200 yards per year he'll reach 65,000 which would be 5th all time.

Namath, Stabler, Van Broklen, Layne, Waterfield, Bradshaw, Waterfoeld, Baugh, etc all threw more picks than TDs.

Namath only completed 50% of his passes in 7 years lol

Dan Fouts is in, WTF did he do?

Rivers getting in, WTF has he done?

Cousins will need 10 more years of 4200/30/12 and a few playoff appearances and he's a sure fire lock for the HOF

The durability and longevity factor in play...it's why Gore gets in eventually as well

The stats these guys compile over long careers is amazing and should be rewarded just as equally as a few greats being honored for a few good years.

The HOF is full of QBs w low % of completions, more INTs than TDs, losing records, all time fumble leaders, etc....the game changes and evolves over time and 1 man does not make a team. Bradshaw, who split time half his career, doesnt get in if he doesnt have 11 all pro defensive players. Namath, who had like 3 winning seasons and barely a 50% completion percentage and more pucks than TDs doesnt get in if he loses SB3.

You can't say Kirk doesn't get in if he puts up the same or better stats than Rivers or Marino or Ryan just because he played on lousy teams in Washington.... it's like denying Ernie Banks HOF status because the Cubs never won.

Ridiculous arguement.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by mike tyson35 View Post
    I haven’t respond 2 that kid comments in years...
    Well considering you signed up two days ago...

Sheesh.

Unreal.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Two dozen QBs from this era and the coming years will have better numbers then cousins.

It's a product of the rules vs defense

Do we think every year we are going to induct 3-4 QBs now?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Two dozen QBs from this era and the coming years will have better numbers then cousins.

I actually disagree here

QBs only play out their rookie deals and get 1 contract after to prove their longevity

Yes many will end up w 40,000 yards plus but very few will have a 15 year career as consistent as a Rivers or Ryan. I think we see a lot of Andy Daulton, Steve McNair, Randal Cunningam, ryan Tannenhill types that linger as back ups after their 5 good years

Yes the HOF and face of football going forward is the white QB. It has to be for marketable reasons. There may very well be a QB in the HOF every year forward, he may very likely have 0 rings and a shitty w/l record too given the way teams rebuild every 3 years

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Frank Gore passes Barry Sanders for 3rd on the all-time NFL rushing list.

Gore trails only Emmitt Smith and Brown.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Yes

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Frank Gore passes Barry Sanders for 3rd on the all-time NFL rushing list.

Gore trails only Emmitt Smith and Brown.
    how could you not put him in the hall

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Football historian Frank Gore firmly believes that his third stop on his AFC East Tour will be much different for one giant reason: Tom Brady is no longer here.

“I think it’s wide open… Brady’s gone,” the newest Jets running back said Thursday about winning the division. “It’s wide open. You got young quarterbacks. Sam Darnold. Josh [Allen]…. But I’m just going to be ready when we start and hope it goes our way.”

“I will say Buffalo has a bunch of great young talent,” said Gore, who played for the Dolphins in 2018 before moving on to the Bills for a one-year stay. “The head coach, I respect him a lot. The general manager, I respect him a lot. They’re doing great things over there. But I’m on the other side now. Whenever we got to play them and that first game comes, I’m going to have my teammates ready to do whatever it takes to get a win. You always want to get that first win. And also you want to always get the win in your division.”

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He could not shine Fred Taylor or Ricky Watters' shoes.
    WOW

Def in the HOF

Hushie
    Hushie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 926

Frank is a first class person and absolutely belongs in the HOF. Not once have you ever heard of the guy getting in trouble off the field. It is a damn shame that he was ever let go by the Niners.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Learn the game

Marino in

Ryan in

Rivers in

Cousins in

Disagree= jerkoff status
    Do you realize how hard it is to make the Hall of Famer in football?

Ryan, RIvers, Cousins are all OUT.

To make it you have to be one of the top 3 qbs of your generation.

There's only like 370 guys in the hall of fame or some shit. You're just tossing guys in like they're nothing. If Cousins is in, think about who that opens the door for.

I'll 100% to a certainty say that Cousins won't make the hall of fame.

I'll stake my SBR career on it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Kirk cousins hall of fame?😂😂😂😂😂

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

No. They won't do that. HoF in football is hardest hall to make by far. They judge you according to your era, they don't judge based on numbers in general. To make the hall you have to be the top player at your position for your entire generation.

That means Brady Big Ben Rodgers and if he keeps going at this rate, Russ Wilson.

You think Carson Palmer gonna make the hall? F no. What's the difference between him and Matt Ryan?

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    Longevity does not make a HOFer
    but #s do ?

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

yes, obviously

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

Hall of Isaac Bruce.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Yes. He desires it.

Dogball
    Dogball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

No sorry

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

At first glance, no but when you look at his career numbers, he really was a great rb. He caught the ball well out of backfield and was an above average pass blocker. Add in the 2 blown knees in college and he earned his way in.

I think his case is stronger than guys like Bruce, Holt, Rivers, Witten when they come up for voting.

I agree Fred Taylor and Watters are HoF caliber backs as well.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

2001 Miami Hurricanes had Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee and Frank Gore in the same RB room.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

Longevity unreal

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

way too many people get in all the hall of fames today in many sports imo, it cheapen the name of the hall of fame to me

85 BEARS
    85 BEARS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6297

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    way too many people get in all the hall of fames today in many sports imo, it cheapen the name of the hall of fame to me
    So True 🙂

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Bring grits back

First 123 Last