RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Thank God that's over.

Now they can get back to playing in the NFL.
    pass

move on to a non liberal football game

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i guess taco emergency fits in there as well?
    quit being a dumbass
    If you or anyone else in here is offended by my avi, I will gladly change it but you must first at least explain why you are offended and why you find it racist or discriminatory.

Carborundum
    Carborundum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 671

even the worst part is Kaepernick not only make more not playing football but will be remembered in 50 years in American and NFL history when he would be forgotten for playing football.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Carborundum 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why would he play in some podunk league for peanuts? He obviously values his self worth more than most people here. There's a post here that bashes him for asking for $20m to play in the AAF or what the fukk you call it. If I'm him, I'm not playing for fukking peanuts. I know what I'm worth. I know what publicity I can bring to that league. $20m sounds pretty cheap imo but that's me. I value myself.

Why can't Kap be about social justice and money? They are not mutually exclusive.
    There you go, Mac, he was expecting a huge salary, backups don't get that right. He thinks he's that same guy from the SB, those days are long gone.

Manziel had enough about him that he went and played in the CFL,his family has money but he still wanted to prove himself. I can atleast respect that.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

He's a loser.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

If you or anyone else in here is offended by my avi, I will gladly change it but you must first at least explain why you are offended and why you find it racist or discriminatory.
    i dont like you

i think you are a piece of shit

i could report your image as racism but i dont really give a fukk

just want you to realize your double standard fukkwad

DwightShrute

How can anyone be offended by your avatar. Its funny. I bet there are many latinos who also think so.

DwightShrute

i dont like you

Come on Rudy. Latinos aren't a race so there is literally no way it can be racism.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

why wasnt he hired by the aaf

or did they collude too?
    Why would he go down in level when he already had a clear-cut case of collusion in the top league in the world?

I don't know what your profession/vocation is, but for me, that would be like dropping my case against a Fortune 1000 company to be a business consultant to a lemonade stand. Sure, I could, but it would make no sense.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Report: Colin Kaepernick paid in $60 to $80 million range by NFL

JohnNewby

The numbers may not be known to everyone in the NFL, but one thing is certain--Colin Kaepernick received a hefty payday.
    Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid's collusion case against the NFL officially came to an end on Friday afternoon. His lawyer, Mark Geragos, and the NFL both put out a statement saying that the matter had officially been resolved. Terms of the agreements were not revealed, and they will not see the light of day due to the confidentiality agreement.
    "For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL. As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party."

That being said, there are multiple figures around the NFL that have a rough estimate of how much money Kaepernick actually received in this settlement. According to Mike Freeman of Bleacher/Report, NFL team officials are speculating that the former 49ers quarterback was paid in the range of $60 to $80 million. He continued to say that it wasn't an official figure, but all of the speculation voiced by the NFL higher-ups agreed on this range.
    Following the news that the collusion case had come to an end, the NFL Players Association released a statement, commenting on the latest development.
    "Today, we were informed by the NFL of the settlement of the Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reidcollusion cases. We are not privy to the details of the settlement, but support the decision by the players and their counsel. We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in pursuit of both truth and justice for what we believe the NFL and its clubs did to them. We are glad that Eric has earned a job and a new contract, and we continue to hope that Colin gets his opportunity as well."
    Kaepernick, 31, last played football in 2016. He opted out of his contract with the 49ers in March of 2017, a parting that was inevitable given the expectation the 49ers would have released him had he remained with the team. Kaepernick would have had a base salary of $14.5 million and a cap number of over $19 million for the 2017 season under his last contract.

NFL teams haven't shown much interest in Kaepernick's services since his last days with the 49ers. The Ravens took a look in Kaepernick's direction in the summer of 2017, while Seahawks reportedly kicked the tires in April of 2018, but by and large things have remained mostly quiet in terms of his chances of finding an NFL team.Kaepernick filed a grievance against the NFL in October of 2017, alleging the league colluded to keep him off the field in response to his decision to kneel during the national anthem.
    Obviously, the exact amount of Kaepernick's payday will likely never see the light of day, barring someone close to him leaking the information to TMZ or another news outlet. However, it is guaranteed that he received a large amount of cash, especially after refusing to play in the AAF for less than $20 million.

Mac4Lyfe

i dont like you
    Aww, my feelings are hurt because you don't like me. Why don't you like me, I thought you really, really like me.

Report me, you stupid fuk. It's a Mexican campaign but your dumb ass wouldn't know anything about it. The more you post, the more dumb you show yourself to be. You don't even know what's racist or not. We know your track record.

Good thing your tired, retired ass is old as shit and about to kick the fukkin bucket. This world will be much better when you're 6 feet under. You add absolutely nothing. You've never had an original thought. You and your stinking thinking belongs in a museum. Why not go suck a muffler or just put a gun to your head. You have nothing to live for.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 02-15-19 at 04:32 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    Why would he go down in level when he already had a clear-cut case of collusion in the top league in the world?
    I don't know what your profession/vocation is, but for me, that would be like dropping my case against a Fortune 1000 company to be a business consultant to a lemonade stand. Sure, I could, but it would make no sense.
    Rudy's net worth is 0 and his self worth is even less. He would gladly take a lemonade business if someone would hold his hand and spoon feed him on how to run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    There you go, Mac, he was expecting a huge salary, backups don't get that right. He thinks he's that same guy from the SB, those days are long gone.
    Manziel had enough about him that he went and played in the CFL,his family has money but he still wanted to prove himself. I can atleast respect that.
    Manziel is a habitual fuk up. I'm a Browns fan and you will not find one Browns fan that thinks Manziel and respect should be in the same sentence. Sure his family has money but talk here in Texas is that Manziel is virtually broke. Trying to pawn off shit and sell his autograph, which ain't worth much these days.

DwightShrute

Goodell is a clown. All he had to do is stop when it started. Now he costs the league tens of millions. Worst commissioner in sports
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Goodell is a clown. All he had to do is stop when it started. Now he costs the league tens of millions. Worst commissioner in sports
    I really think Goodell might have done this on purpose. No one can be this dumb. He could have stopped this before it gained legs but basically hurt the league. He is so out of touch with the players, players association and fans that it is unreal that he still has his job. I think the owners are fed up with his shit now that it has cost them where it hurts the most, in their pockets. Rumors of them approaching Adam Silver is hopefully a wake up call for that dummy.

19th Hole

This was worst(sic) than BP leaking millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf.
    ~~~
    Mac...You're a sharp guy, you really can't believe this. The BP oil leak was historical
    in scope.

Of course Goodell mishandled the Kaepernick saga.

Look at Roger's record of bungling high profile
    NFL issues. He didn't know whether to pass, punt or hide
    in the Michael Vick dog-fighting scandal, the Ray Rice domestic-violence case
    (investigated by THAT Robert Mueller) and the Kareem Hunt domestic-violence case.
    How do the NFL owners allow this prime-time stooge to remain commissioner?
    He doesn't have one-tenth of the business acumen, of say, a Jerry Jones.

Goodell climbed the ladder from an NFL administrative intern, a year with the Jets.
    back to the NFL administration and viola...NFL COMMISIONER.
    He got that right.

He also got his choice of a bride correct. Jane Skinner.
    (A side-piece of a college buddy of mine.) Great looking woman.

Look at the difference between Adam Silver and Goodell.
    Silver has doubled the the value of the NBA under his tutelage.
    Silver also seems to be making the proper calls concerning sports-gambling revenue
    for the NBA, while Roger keeps walking into walls.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave 19th Hole 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ~~~
    Mac...You're a sharp guy, you really can't believe this. The BP oil leak was historical
    in scope.
    Of course I don't mean that the BP oil leak wasn't epic environmentally. It was horrible and has had a long lasting devastating effect.

What I mean is that for as bad as the oil leak was, I don't think there was the backlash like this NFL kneeling issue. The anthem/kneeling basically divided the entire country. Millions of people has opinions on this issue when it should have never seen the light of day. There's people right here in SBR that have refused to watch another NFL game but will put BP gas in their car and not even blink an eye.

Yes, Goodell has been behind all these fuk ups. He can't get out of his own way. Sad really. He's fukking up a league that so many people love.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

cant wait for xfl

these cukks could not last 1 day in the real world

antonio brown would be begging for food stamps and using drug money for tattoos if not in nfl
    Go crawl back in the bottle you came out of. Shouldn’t you be creating threads crying to the mods how unfair they are toward you anyways? Get fucke.d drunkard.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Manziel wasn’t getting back into the nfl under any circumstances. Domestic violence, videos of him snorting meth and blow in Vegas. He has about as much chance of playing in Nfl as a Brit does of being the poster child for a perfect smile.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave Grits n' Gravy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave Grits n' Gravy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ~~~
    in scope.

Of course Goodell mishandled the Kaepernick saga.

Look at Roger's record of bungling high profile
    NFL issues. He didn't know whether to pass, punt or hide
    in the Michael Vick dog-fighting scandal, the Ray Rice domestic-violence case
    (investigated by THAT Robert Mueller) and the Kareem Hunt domestic-violence case.
    How do the NFL owners allow this prime-time stooge to remain commissioner?
    He doesn't have one-tenth of the business acumen, of say, a Jerry Jones.

Goodell climbed the ladder from an NFL administrative intern, a year with the Jets.
    back to the NFL administration and viola...NFL COMMISIONER.
    He got that right.

He also got his choice of a bride correct. Jane Skinner.
    (A side-piece of a college buddy of mine.) Great looking woman.

Look at the difference between Adam Silver and Goodell.
    Silver has doubled the the value of the NBA under his tutelage.
    Silver also seems to be making the proper calls concerning sports-gambling revenue
    for the NBA, while Roger keeps walking into walls.
    Silver is Jewish. Goodell is not. Is the NFL ready for a non Christian commish?
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave Grits n' Gravy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2132

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    facts
    Completely wrong, he would have been paid more if playing. NFL settled as they knew there was a more than likely chance that they would lose. That is why you settle. If you knew you would win without a doubt, then you don't settle. Unless you're broke and can't afford lawyers. NFL is a juggernaut with a war chest. Stop with the nonsense.
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave Headsterx 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Completely wrong, he would have been paid more if playing. NFL settled as they knew there was a more than likely chance that they would lose. That is why you settle. If you knew you would win without a doubt, then you don't settle. Unless you're broke and can't afford lawyers. NFL is a juggernaut with a war chest. Stop with the nonsense.
    Fukkin' A

(points on recharge)

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Silver is Jewish. Goodell is not. Is the NFL ready for a non Christian commish?
    Well, the NFL owners that would have no problem with a Jewish
    commissioner would be:

David Tepper
    Arthur Blank
    Malcolm Glazer
    Robert Kraft
    Jeffery Laurie
    Stephen Ross
    Daniel Snyder
    Steven Tisch
    Zygi Wilf

for starters.

packerd_00

Rudy's net worth is 0 and his self worth is even less. He would gladly take a lemonade business if someone would hold his hand and spoon feed him on how to run it.

Manziel is a habitual fuk up. I'm a Browns fan and you will not find one Browns fan that thinks Manziel and respect should be in the same sentence. Sure his family has money but talk here in Texas is that Manziel is virtually broke. Trying to pawn off shit and sell his autograph, which ain't worth much these days.
    I'm not a fan of the man, but I like that he had enough about him, that he would go play in the CFL and try and earn another look from the NFL. Kaepernick thinks he should have everything handed to him on a plate.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Manziel wasn’t getting back into the nfl under any circumstances. Domestic violence, videos of him snorting meth and blow in Vegas. He has about as much chance of playing in Nfl as a Brit does of being the poster child for a perfect smile.
    Players get busted for those sorts of crimes, all the time and are let back into the league. Vick ran a dog fighting ring and got another job not too long after he left prison. Owners don't give a shit about morals.

You want to be an ignorant bigoted f@ck about British people, go for it.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

I'm not a fan of the man, but I like that he had enough about him, that he would go play in the CFL and try and earn another look from the NFL. Kaepernick thinks he should have everything handed to him on a plate.
    No. Colin knew they were blackballing him, so he stood his ground. He didn't have to "earn another look from the NFL" because there was AT LEAST ONE PLAYER on the rosters who he was better than. Which backup QBs were in that skill level from a few years ago? Not sure. But the NFL lawyers are VERY SHARP, and they knew there was at least one, so they settled.

packerd_00

No. Colin knew they were blackballing him, so he stood his ground. He didn't have to "earn another look from the NFL" because there was AT LEAST ONE PLAYER on the rosters who he was better than. Which backup QBs were in that skill level from a few years ago? Not sure. But the NFL lawyers are VERY SHARP, and they knew there was at least one, so they settled.
    One thing a lot of people seem to overlook, what owners gonna want to deal with all that hassle for a backup quarterback. Backup quarterbacks are to be seen and not heard, simple as that, how many backup quarterbacks do you know that create controversy.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

One thing a lot of people seem to overlook, what owners gonna want to deal with all that hassle for a backup quarterback. Backup quarterbacks are to be seen and not heard, simple as that, how many backup quarterbacks do you know that create controversy.
    Let me remind you what collusion is:

Individually, of course each owner has the right to think that/act on it. But there was significant evidence they discussed things among themselves and decided to group up against him. A no-no in general, a definite no-no for a unionized profession (they violated the collective bargaining agreement), and an aw, hell no for something related to discrimination.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Plenty of them. "Ain't ya never heard of a quarterback controversy?" ;-/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

still better for business not having him in the league

He cost NFL at least 500 million

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    still better for business not having him in the league

He cost NFL at least 500 million
    Think if they would have INSTANTLY embraced his idea from jump street, and diffused it before it was a problem.

No, they couldn't do that, because it's not in their character. So they had to lose approval and some money.

packerd_00

Plenty of them. "Ain't ya never heard of a quarterback controversy?" ;-/
    Those are normally created by the media trying to stir up the pot. Most backups that know they are backups, keep their mouths shut and collect their paychecks. Some guys are backups for years, and you wouldn't even know it, because they are so quiet.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

He was askig 33. They probably gave him 25M to walk away. If the NFL knew there was no collusion (which obviously there is), they would never of paid such a massive sum.

As OP mentioned, if this goes to discovery it's going to be a very bad look.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    He was askig 33. They probably gave him 25M to walk away. If the NFL knew there was no collusion (which obviously there is), they would never of paid such a massive sum.

As OP mentioned, if this goes to discovery it's going to be a very bad look.

This...you know a couple of these 80 year old dinosaur owners were probably sending emails back and forth thinking the sh*t cannot be seen by anyone else...."None of us should sign this clown" "f*ck Kap, we ain't signing him, you?"

Mac4Lyfe

Let me remind you what collusion is:

Individually, of course each owner has the right to think that/act on it. But there was significant evidence they discussed things among themselves and decided to group up against him. A no-no in general, a definite no-no for a unionized profession (they violated the collective bargaining agreement), and an aw, hell no for something related to discrimination.
    The owners had several meetings (that they thought were secret) where they discussed the Kaepernick issue. Bob McNair basically exposed himself by saying that they all agreed not to even look at Kaepernick. Too much evidence of collusion. The biggest issue was them black balling Eric Reid. No way in hell could they prove that he was not one of the best players in the league. So then why did you not sign him? You might be able to prove Kaep wasn't one of the top 96 QBs in the league but you fukked up by banning Reid as well.

Geragos had a shit ton of evidence against McNair that would have buried the NFL. Kaep showed up at McNair's deposition last March here in Houston wearing a Kunte Kinte shirt.

I couldn’t stop you from getting ganked
    Now let’s play big-bank-take-little-bank
    Tried to diss Ice Cube, it wasn’t worth it
    Cause the broomstick fit your ass so perfect
    Cut my hair? Naw, cut them balls
    Cause I heard you like giving up the drawers
    Gang-banged by your manager, fella
    Getting money out your ass like a mothaf*cking Ready Teller
    Giving up the dollar bills
    Now they got The Villain with a purse and high-heels
    So don’t believe what Ren say
    Cause he’s going out like Kunta Kinte
    But I got a whip for ya, Toby
    Used to be my homie, now you act like you don’t know me

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Last edited by DA_MOSS; 02-16-19 at 04:26 PM.

First 123 Last