DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

What's the probability of the Saints winning SU against the Eagles?

Is betting $500 on the Saints ML to win about $130 reasonable or not worth the risk?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

How long have u been here? All we have is a dream.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

It's reasonable, if losing $500 wouldn't put you in a bad financial situation

If you're OK to say goodbye to this $500 without a blink...than yeah, by all means it's reasonable

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    It's reasonable, if losing $500 wouldn't put you in a bad financial situation

If you're OK to say goodbye to this $500 without a blink...than yeah, by all means it's reasonable
    So, you actually think the Eagles can beat the Saints straight up?

People on SBR seem to have a very high opinion of you, so I should heed your warning.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    How long have u been here? All we have is a dream.
    I'm not so sure the revenge motivational factor is enough for the Eagles to beat the Saints.

Sure the Eagles are definitely playing better, but they should have lost last weekend against the Bears and besides the Bears' defense their offense pretty much sucked until the very end.

The Saints' offense won't be like the Bears for sure.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I think Philly is the sleeper team with all the luck going for them now but they may hit a buzz saw in New Orleans. Going into the dome against this complete Saints team rested is gonna be a mighty task to tackle.. Brees has major playoff experience..

Gotta go with the Saints at home. This Philly dream ride with Foles probably ends here if I had to guess..

Philly winning on a lucky missed field goal in Chicago could be destiny though.. They are the defending world champs..
    Another tricky game to bet on when you factor it all in..

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Worth the risk to me. I don’t see Philly going into NO and winning.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post

People on SBR seem to have a very high opinion of you, so I should heed your warning.
    Of course the Eagles can. Nothing certain in sports. Say Brees tears his ACL first play. You get the idea. Like Rocket said if you can afford to lose $500 and sleep well might be worth the stretch. But while I think NO wins and covers who the F knows. That's why they play the game.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I think Philly is the sleeper team with all the luck going for them now but they may hit a buzz saw in New Orleans. Going into the dome against this complete Saints team rested is gonna be a mighty task to tackle.. Brees has major playoff experience..

Gotta go with the Saints at home. This Philly dream ride with Foles probably ends here if I had to guess..

Philly winning on a lucky missed field goal in Chicago could be destiny though.. They are the defending world champs..
    Another tricky game to bet on when you factor it all in..
    Of the four teams remaining, which team is most likely to win SU?

The Patriots? Past history says it's the Patriots against the Chargers even though the Chargers are very good in away games this year.

Easy-Rider 66

Of the four teams remaining, which team is most likely to win SU?

The Patriots? Past history says it's the Patriots against the Chargers even though the Chargers are very good in away games this year.
    Seems like you are looking for a sure fire ML win. Not there but if I had to guess it would NO in the dome.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Of course the Eagles can. Nothing certain in sports. Say Brees tears his ACL first play. You get the idea. Like Rocket said if you can afford to lose $500 and sleep well might be worth the stretch. But while I think NO wins and covers who the F knows. That's why they play the game.
    I'm already up more than 10K for the season and never had a losing weekend, but it's not me who is making the bet.

You see DraftKing at Resorts is offering up to $500 free bet on your first bet. Someone on SBR is going there this weekend to take the advantage of that offer.

You can use the free bet to win $375 minimum guaranteed using the 3 team parlays of equal amounts.

So, you just have to make sure you don't lose your $500 initial bet of your own money.

Honestly, it doesn't have to be an NFL game as it could be an NBA game or an NCAAM game, whichever team is most likely to win SU.

I wish there was a Golden State game at home, but they are playing away this weekend.

Easy-Rider 66

I'm already up more than 10K for the season and never had a losing weekend, but it's not me who is making the bet.

You see DraftKing at Resorts is offering up to $500 free bet on your first bet. Someone on SBR is going there this weekend to take the advantage of that offer.

You can use the free bet to win $375 minimum guaranteed using the 3 team parlays of equal amounts.

So, you just have to make sure you don't lose your $500 initial bet of your own money.

Honestly, it doesn't have to be an NFL game as it could be an NBA game or an NCAAM game, whichever team is most likely to win SU.

I wish there was a Golden State game at home, but they are playing away this weekend.
    UP 10K. Nice going. Then you understand the dynamics of the gambling game I would assume. For NFL I would play NO but not a lock. GL.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Nope...What I'm saying is the reasonable betting amount for you should always be anything, that you're OK to lose, without creating a hardship for yourself and your family.

And as far as the Saints game goes - I'm staying out of it, but I hope Brees could pull it through.

Best of luck to you

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Seems like you are looking for a sure fire ML win. Not there but if I had to guess it would NO in the dome.
    I know nothing is ever sure fire in sports gambling, although Clemson sure looked it and I won $2,000 on them.

I'm thinking either the Pats or the Saints; just can't make up mind which is the better choice.

It's really tough to go against the Chargers seeing how they are playing really well away, but their coach against the hoody?

Also, Brady isn't Jackson and the Chargers better be ready to defend the pass which then they won't be able to pass rush like they have against the Ravens as Brady gets the ball out way faster than anything Jackson did in his game.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

If you are ever gonna bet ML's in these playoffs you gotta go with the sleepers.. Chargers, Philly and Colts. Cowboys aren't really a sleeper team as they just kinda suck but you can include them in the mix.. Probably 1 or 2 hit if I had to guess.

Colt +190

Philly +310

Chargers +170

Cowboys +275

You could use the double up DOG theory at these ML + ODDS.. None of these games are played at the same times so you can apply this theory of play.

Bet the first dog on the ML and you lose then double up on the second dog on the ML, then third and so on til you win.. Bet according to the + odds on each game as they differ.. I'm pretty sure one dog sleeper hits.. Just a thought.

Can also then parlay all 4 favorites up on a back up hedge if you are just looking to pick up chump change.. Gotta work the math out on that though..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-11-19 at 02:08 AM.

Easy-Rider 66

I know nothing is ever sure fire in sports gambling, although Clemson sure looked it and I won $2,000 on them.

I'm thinking either the Pats or the Saints; just can't make up mind which is the better choice.

It's really tough to go against the Chargers seeing how they are playing really well away, but their coach against the hoody?

Also, Brady isn't Jackson and the Chargers better be ready to defend the pass which then they won't be able to pass rush like they have against the Ravens as Brady gets the ball out way faster than anything Jackson did in his game.
    Personally playing LAC +4 in a contest. Leaning towards taking NO-8 as well. NE not the same dominant teams they once were imo. LAC D pretty good. Think that game is a toss up. NO did blow out Philly in regular season and I do not see that happening again. Having said that believe NO to be the safer play. Go with your gut I guess. GL.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Nope...What I'm saying is the reasonable betting amount for you should always be anything, that you're OK to lose, without creating a hardship for yourself and your family.

And as far as the Saints game goes - I'm staying out of it, but I hope Brees could pull it through.

Best of luck to you
    Thank you.

Losing $500 wouldn't bother me much but any losing sucks.

I would never bet a single ML anyway as I always bet multiple teams on a ML parlay. Parkey missing that kick cost me winning another $1,500 this past weekend as the Bears ML was the last leg of one of my parlays and I was ticked but not too much since I still won $2,600 total for the weekend.

I'm looking to bet another ML parlay with at least one dog this weekend for several hundreds and see how it goes.

Dallas on the spread.
    Kansas City ML (may flip to Indianapolis spread)
    New Orleans ML
    New England ML

$300 to win $1,200.

Or, if I flip to Indy, then $300 to win $1,700.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Is betting $500 on the Saints ML to win about $130 reasonable or not worth the risk?
    i smoke weed sometime and i always read your questions in my head as an 11 yr old kid. you ask the questions with a lot of faith in a bunch of degens. always very humble and nice.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If you are ever gonna bet ML's in these playoffs you gotta go with the sleepers.. Chargers, Philly and Colts. Cowboys aren't really a sleeper team as they just kinda suck but you can include them in the mix.. Probably 1 or 2 hit if I had to guess.

Colt +190

Philly +310

Chargers +170

Cowboys +275

You could use the double up DOG theory at these ML + ODDS.. None of these games are played at the same times so you can apply this theory of play.

Bet the first dog on the ML and you lose then double up on the second dog on the ML, then third and so on til you win.. I'm pretty sure one dog sleeper hits.. Just a thought.
    In the past 10 years, the most away covering ATS was back in 2009, when 3 away teams covered and also won SU.

Come to think of it, the odds back then are very similar to this weekend.

TEN-3 lost SU at home to Baltimore.
    CAR-9.5 lost SU at home to Arizona.
    NYG-5 lost SU at home to Philadelphia.
    Only Pittsburgh-6.5 won SU and covered ATS.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    i smoke weed sometime and i always read your questions in my head as an 11 yr old kid. you ask the questions with a lot of faith in a bunch of degens. always very humble and nice.
    I don't believe all people on SBR are degenerate gamblers. There are many who are quite sharp with their analysis.

One weekend during this past season, I wasn't sure about my ML parlay picks, so I asked someone and I ended up removing a couple of teams after the discussion and the teams I removed lost SU and I ended making a couple of thousands that weekend; otherwise, that would have been the only losing weekend this season.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

In the past 10 years, the most away covering ATS was back in 2009, when 3 away teams covered and also won SU.

Trending historical stats are always something to take into consideration. Nothing is for certain though. We do have some lively sleeper teams in the Colts and Philly this year.. Both of those teams are on a roll now..

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Yea I think Duke plays that day too. Might as well toss them in and really square it up. ^ Is this guy Captain Fav or what

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Not that what happened 10 years is going to repeat itself, but dang I may just take a shot and bet

Rams ML
    All others on the spread for the underdogs.

It would pay +820. It's worth a shot for $100.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    Yea I think Duke plays that day too. Might as well toss them in and really square it up. ^ Is this guy Captain Fav or what
    Absolutely not. I took Clemson and won.

https://imgur.com/UkK12Ad

But, I do like playing ML parlays and below is one of the bigger hits.

https://imgur.com/PDIDSxM

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^I took Clemson and won also.. ML and Spread.. That was easy and a good pay out.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

The highest ML parlay I won was at BoDog for $36,000+ for only $300 wagered. I had 3 dogs in that 12 team parlay with a lot of short spread favorite ML's, so I don't always like the favorites.

I took Washington against Philadelphia and the Wizards won easy, but I don't normally bet that much on single picks.

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Yea that happened

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

I’d rather lay $500 on Chargers ML then $500 on NO ML even though chargers are a toss up and saints are 90% chance of winning.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Rather lay the $500 on Colts. BOL either way.