Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Best Bets For Seahawks-Cowboys

Best bets for Seahawks-Cowboys

ESPN PLUS ($ MATERIAL)

Where does the betting value lie in Saturday's matchup? Warren Sharp and Preston Johnson give their picks to help you place your bets.

Note: All odds courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook as of Thursday afternoon.

Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys (-2)

Total: 42.5
    PickCenter public consensus pick: 51 percent picked Seattle

Johnson: My projections for this game are Cowboys -0.4 with a total of 42.2. There was a brief moment at a couple of shops earlier this week that Seattle +3 existed, but it wasn't around very long. I personally used the Seahawks at +8.5 in a two-team, six-point teaser with the Chargers at +8.5.

Generally, what has worried anybody backing Seattle this season is the offensive line's ability to protect Russell Wilson. The Seahawks allowed the second-worst quarterback sack percentage in the NFL, including six sacks surrendered to the Cardinals in their Week 17 matchup. Arizona actually ranks second in the entire NFL in sack rate, however, so it was a bad matchup for Seattle, and the Cowboys rank below the league average at 18th.

The Seahawks ran the football more than any team in the league this season and did so effectively, racking up over 160 yards on the ground per game (best in the NFL) on 4.8 yards per carry (fifth in the NFL). Dallas' defense does defend the run well, but staunch run defense hasn't steered Seattle away from its game plan during the season.

I anticipate we will see a slower game of ball control (think Seahawks-Vikings in Week 15). Points are expected to come at a premium as it is, with the market total sitting at just 42.5, so getting Seattle over the key number of seven as a teaser leg in a game that I think should be close to a true pick-em anyway is a worthwhile proposition.

Pick: Seahawks +8 in a teaser with Chargers +8.5

Sharp: The Cowboys' offense has been getting more and more aggressive over the course of the season. In Weeks 1-6, Dallas used 57 percent running plays on early downs in the first half, making the Cowboys the most run-heavy team in the NFL; from Week 7 onward, the Cowboys went only 45 percent run, below the NFL average. In addition to passing more, they are passing deeper downfield since Amari Cooper's arrival, and they are throwing more passes to Ezekiel Elliott on first down -- and doing so quite well. Their aggressiveness was on full display in a 36-35 win over the Giants in a meaningless Week 17 game, in which the Cowboys played for the win even though it gained them nothing.

Dallas' pass defense has trended extremely poorly the last month and consistently produced subpar results, save for one game against the Saints. The Cowboys haven't been tested much with deep passes of late. Seattle quietly has the sixth-most explosive pass offense this season, and that unit is trending upward as the fourth-most explosive pass offense in the past month.

Doug Baldwin's presence on the field is the main reason for that. The difference between the pass offense with and without him is massive. Extrapolated to a full season, Seattle has a 6 percent explosive pass rate without him (would be NFL's worst), but a 12 percent explosive pass rate with him (would be NFL's best).

Pick: Over 42.5

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

No opinion on this material fellas, just posting it per request

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Thanks for posting. Interesting that they charge money for this stuff.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

I agree, I think the teasers with all dogs are money this weekend

For that matter, I like all dogs ATS

I say we go 3-1

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

cowboys by 7

BankrBIG
    BankrBIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

Only reason they would sell you a teaser like SEA +8 is because they know Seattle will straight up win. It'll get you to win less, much less than the money line odds.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BankrBIG View Post
    Only reason they would sell you a teaser like SEA +8 is because they know Seattle will straight up win. It'll get you to win less, much less than the money line odds.
    Or that Dallas is gonna win by 10+. This isn’t Seattle of old. Great coaching job got them this far, but can’t hide those flaws in the Playoffs.

BankrBIG
    BankrBIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Or that Dallas is gonna win by 10+. This isn’t Seattle of old. Great coaching job got them this far, but can’t hide those flaws in the Playoffs.

Look at all of the teams Dallas has actually beat, they all only have won like 30% of their games, except Philly, and one lucky Saints game. One notable win, many notable losses. Nothing but soft toilet paper that will disappear when it rains.

Cuse0323

Look at all of the teams Dallas has actually beat, they all only have won like 30% of their games, except Philly, and one lucky Saints game. One notable win, many notable losses. Nothing but soft toilet paper that will disappear when it rains.
    Yeah, yeah. Another one using the ole they beat no one, and the good teams they did beat were a fluke method. Best of luck. They only lost one at home for a reason.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13678

i wont have alot of wagers this weekend but there is alot of good football to watch. gun to head i take seahwaks spread here

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Hawks ml

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Hawks ml
    I like it!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I picked up the OVER 42.5 on December 31st.

Good Luck OVER Backers!!

hamburglar628
    hamburglar628's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

Exactly. Don’t forget to add a win vs Colt McCoy on a short week and they couldn’t even beat the redskins with Smith. They have won solid win against the Saints which they nearly had to play a perfect game. 37/23 was the time differential. Seahawks passing game has been awesome since Baldwin has returned, look for Wilson to take many deep shots and hit. Sea 24 Dallas 20

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    cowboys by 7
    If not more. I like them to win but feel like they better win convincingly cause don’t wanna see Wilson within a score late. He too good!! This one looks like the most likely wong teaser buster to me w boys by 10 killing Seattle +8.5 which is a solid tease option.