Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    He's middle of the pack with INTs, hardly a machine. He does lead in fumbles lost, I think.
    Yep , that 4th Qtr fumble for 6 just capped off a Cousins like night . He wouldn't have it any other way .
    Simply get rid of the fukkin ball , it's the NFL , that clock in your head is telling you , Sling that bitch , drill an unsuspecting person in the temple on the sidelines , just get rid of it .
    Wilson was actually worse but he can run like an 8 pt deer on ocassion .

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Kirk Cousin Career Stats

Record In Primetime Games: 5-13
    Record vs Winning Teams: 4-24
    Record vs Winning Teams This Year: 0-5
    Career Road Record: 12-23-2
    Career Record On Monday Night Football: 0-7
    Wow

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

That game against New Orleans earlier in the season pissed me off. He was down a bunch of points late in the game and was dithering around like he was up a bunch.

Right then I said to myself,this clown really doesn't give a rat's ass.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

you guys make it sound so easy, there was literally no one available, everyone in the world knows Cousins is not worth 87859947595 dollars, option one Case Keenum, option 2 trade away future for a draft pick and get fired for only winning 6 games, option 4 pay out the ass for the best thing available, what do you think Tampa should do, they got one guy who cant even get a date without a date rape drug and another guy that is 40 years old and has never won, they are gonna have to make a really bad decision, with no good options! The QB situation is not easy, even the teams that went and got that rookie and many coaches and GMs paid with their jobs to get them in the league, how many have lived up to it, one literally one Mahomes and you better believe they are paying some smart fricken guys big big money to solve that rubiks cube

danshan11

look at dak prescotts record right this minute and he is very close to signing a big big extension, and if you were JJ, what would you do? no good choices and if they dont pay a guy who is barely 500 and is no where near elite they will be even worse!

danshan11

https://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...done-1.2829033

its really easy to get a good one LOL

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    look at dak prescotts record right this minute and he is very close to signing a big big extension, and if you were JJ, what would you do? no good choices and if they dont pay a guy who is barely 500 and is no where near elite they will be even worse!
    They all play better or great in contract years.. It should be a contract year for every professional sports player I say!!! That would make all sports much better.. Players would be busting their balls to light up the stat sheets every time out on the field..

Once they sign the big contracts it's back to their shittty play half the time.. They go back on cruise control..

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He will put up good numbers tomorrow at home vs an overmatched Miami secondary.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    you guys make it sound so easy, there was literally no one available, everyone in the world knows Cousins is not worth 87859947595 dollars, option one Case Keenum, option 2 trade away future for a draft pick and get fired for only winning 6 games, option 4 pay out the ass for the best thing available, what do you think Tampa should do, they got one guy who cant even get a date without a date rape drug and another guy that is 40 years old and has never won, they are gonna have to make a really bad decision, with no good options! The QB situation is not easy, even the teams that went and got that rookie and many coaches and GMs paid with their jobs to get them in the league, how many have lived up to it, one literally one Mahomes and you better believe they are paying some smart fricken guys big big money to solve that rubiks cube
    Exactly

At least they have stability, no off field issues and 4500 yards/35 tds per year.

Its a good signing if you see a 2 or 3 year window

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Exactly

At least they have stability, no off field issues and 4500 yards/35 tds per year.

they were in the friggin nfc championship. and u talking about stability and off field issues??? lol. the goal is to win the whole thing. not put up stats. sheesh.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Exactly

The minute Cousins was signed the window, door, garage, peephole etc... closed for Vikings.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post

they were in the friggin nfc championship. and u talking about stability and off field issues??? lol. the goal is to win the whole thing. not put up stats. sheesh.
    Truth.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It's always easier to win with quarterbacks not hogging all the money.

That's part of the Patriots success. Brady gives them deals every year.

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    The minute Cousins was signed the window, door, garage, peephole etc... closed for Vikings.

Truth.
    ....ok then tell me this

Who should have been QB this year for MN?

Case got big money too

Bradford hurt again

Teddy out since 2015

Who's the go to guy in hindsight?

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

i was saying from before i would rather have keenum for his contract than cousins with his

FrogHorn
    FrogHorn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Kinda hard to judge a guy the 1st year in a new offense - not too many players light it up when they switch from one offense to another. Toss in that they had a guy who had never been an OC before hired to be their OC and it's hard to put the Vikings struggles on Cousins. I think he's a decent, but not great QB. With the weapons they have though, they should be able to win more than they have - points to coaching more than anything for me.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Cousins has 2 great WR's to throw to.... and he still can't do dik

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

....ok then tell me this

Case got big money too

Bradford hurt again

Teddy out since 2015

None of what I say is hindsight. I have said Cousins sucks since day 1. The only team stupid and desperate enough to pay Cousins was Minny.

Sam hit it right below. They could have kept Keemun for 1/2 of Cousins pay and gotten some OL help. Then pursue a new qb via draft or FA while working around Keenum.

If they wanted to make a FA splash they could have offered Brees a 2 yr 80 mil deal. He would’ve smashed the levees to pieces as he sped out of town and Minny would’ve had a qb for 2 year window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    i was saying from before i would rather have keenum for his contract than cousins with his
    Yup

MinnesotaFats

Ok but did you actually watch keenum last year weekly?

I did...he's no good!!!

Much happier w Kirk

Watch out if mn makes playoffs

Team waiting for reset button in Jan to mje run

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Ok but did you actually watch keenum last year weekly?

I did...he's no good!!!

Much happier w Kirk

Watch out if mn makes playoffs

Team waiting for reset button in Jan to mje run
    Yup. He managed the games for defense and made enough big throws when needed. Zimmer sticking to his Parcells roots with a qb like Keenum.

Enjoy no SB for foreseeable future in MN.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave Grits n' Gravy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant

Yup. He managed the games for defense and made enough big throws when needed. Zimmer sticking to his Parcells roots with a qb like Keenum.

Different subject, but do you know if Howard Stern's parents are still alive?

I know they're getting up there, way up there, but I can't find anything online about them.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

....ok then tell me this

Case got big money too

Bradford hurt again

Teddy out since 2015

Alex Smith was always the right guy for that offense. great d and running game. doesn't turn the ball over. and wouldn't have broken his leg in that jinxed stadium.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by FrogHorn View Post
    Kinda hard to judge a guy the 1st year in a new offense - not too many players light it up when they switch from one offense to another. Toss in that they had a guy who had never been an OC before hired to be their OC and it's hard to put the Vikings struggles on Cousins. I think he's a decent, but not great QB. With the weapons they have though, they should be able to win more than they have - points to coaching more than anything for me.
    hard to judge lol. combine his career fumbles and interceptions and they are over 100. he is a turnover machine. and he don't just like to fumble, he likes to give away six points when he does.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Different subject, but do you know if Howard Stern's parents are still alive?

I know they're getting up there, way up there, but I can't find anything online about them.
    I am 99.9% sure they are because he still imitates them on air.
    Points Awarded:

The Giant gave Grits n' Gravy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant

I am 99.9% sure they are because he still imitates them on air.
    I just found this. I guess they were both alive back in June, but the dad sounds like he's in pretty rough shape.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ailing-health/

I still laugh at those audio clips where he would call Howard a moron, over and over.

MinnesotaFats

WTF does Howard Stern have to do w this?

Grits you in the radio biz?

There are 25 teams that have no SB in their future but the Vikes have 2 or 3 playoff appearances the next 3 years which is more that 25 other teams and the 3 others in their own division.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I just found this. I guess they were both alive back in June, but the dad sounds like he's in pretty rough shape.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ailing-health/

I still laugh at those audio clips where he would call Howard a moron, over and over.
    I like when he imitates his mom with the megaphone. My dad just said his folks are both still alive. They will probably pass right around the time he leaves Sirius after this contract.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

WTF does Howard Stern have to do w this?

Grits you in the radio biz?

There are 25 teams that have no SB in their future but the Vikes have 2 or 3 playoff appearances the next 3 years which is more that 25 other teams and the 3 others in their own division.
    Howard is ha ha funny. Vikings fans who get boner over having Cousins is sad funny.

Minny will be fighting Lions for basement of nfc central for the next 3 years.

MinnesotaFats

....and for the record the goal of the league and the team is to entertain the customer.

Entertainment means money and prime time TV

Nobody is coming out to watch Turbisky if the Bears didn't sign Mack

The Vikes are fun to watch because they entertain w that offense

Last few years just dink and dunk trash with journeyman QBs

Zimmer is an employee whose job it is to put on a show and try win w what he's given...

3 yards and dust not doing it

MinnesotaFats

Case looking great tonite

Sure Vikes are really missing that lol

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

They got Kirk Cousins to make a difference, and he did. They have gone from the NFC championship game to not making the playoffs at all.

MinnesotaFats

They are in as of right now

They win tomorrow (Mia)

They win next week (Det)

They host Chi maybe for division if Packers beat them tomorrow

Vikes are in the playoffs, but maybe not as division champs

9-6-1 this year very likely (they'll be favored all 3 games)

That's a great 1st year under Cousins with a schedule that had 13 games versus teams in playoffs this year or last. It was brutal.

Vikes go on road maybe to Chicago or Dallas 1st round. If they're +200 ML you dont bet them?? Kirk and that D versus Trubinsky? Dak??

C'mon guys

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

They are in as of right now

They win tomorrow (Mia)

They win next week (Det)

They host Chi maybe for division if Packers beat them tomorrow

Vikes are in the playoffs, but maybe not as division champs

9-6-1 this year very likely (they'll be favored all 3 games)

That's a great 1st year under Cousins with a schedule that had 13 games versus teams in playoffs this year or last. It was brutal.

Vikes go on road maybe to Chicago or Dallas 1st round. If they're +200 ML you dont bet them?? Kirk and that D versus Trubinsky? Dak??

C'mon guys
    Miami and Chicago have winning records.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

You bought the Cousins Kool Aid. He sucks. Always has, always will. Minnesota lost any chance at a SB appearance the day he was signed.

Zimmer is an outstanding HC. He just realized early in season how bad Cousins is and wants to limit his chances of turning ball over.
    He will put up good numbers tomorrow at home vs an overmatched Miami secondary.

Truth.

None of what I say is hindsight. I have said Cousins sucks since day 1. The only team stupid and desperate enough to pay Cousins was Minny.

Sam hit it right below. They could have kept Keemun for 1/2 of Cousins pay and gotten some OL help. Then pursue a new qb via draft or FA while working around Keenum.

If they wanted to make a FA splash they could have offered Brees a 2 yr 80 mil deal. He would’ve smashed the levees to pieces as he sped out of town and Minny would’ve had a qb for 2 year window.

Yup

~~
    Minny Fatty...
    Always consider that Go To Guy Grits n' Gravy is a football savant and will give you a heaping dish
    of Vikings/Cousins Fresh Hot Mess.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Minnesota should not have been in the NFC title game. If you recall that New Orleans DB literally threw the game.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

You are wrong. The goal is not to win a Super Bowl. It is a business. The goal is to make profits. Sheesh.

First 12345 ... Last