Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Your trying to get some numbers togather...That's good ….. but it just 1 of 20 things a guy has to check off the list to feel that he might have a play on a game....and even if all 20 checks are made good... it still doesn't give a guy a the real winniner…
    but it puts ya in the Highest Probability of Success.....that all a guy can do....
    Points Awarded:

ddittie gave Philmill 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by ddittie View Post
    ESPN is a billion dollar business. I just have confidence their analytics are much better than everybody else possibly could be. Just a hunch, I definitely could be wrong. It's also about saving myself time.
    you are wrong, ESPN does not have a clue and if you look at their analytics you can see "noise" in anything, Pinnacle is the sharpest ESPECIALLY NFL LINES, if you are not beating the line and beating it good in the NFL you are getting crushed PERIOD, With a capital P!

NFL with Pinnacle so far this year
    home team scoring 25.6 pts per game
    away team scoring 22.9 pts per game
    that is -2.7 difference guess what the avg line was -2.5 and you think you can beat that with espn stats! Come on dude
    Last edited by danshan11; 11-27-18 at 12:54 PM.

ddittie
    ddittie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 309

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    you are wrong, ESPN does not have a clue and if you look at their analytics you can see "noise" in anything, Pinnacle is the sharpest ESPECIALLY NFL LINES, if you are not beating the line and beating it good in the NFL you are getting crushed PERIOD, With a capital P!
    Perhaps;
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...ootball-season

danshan11

and like those results show the actual line did better, so if you use espn you pay the juice!

you got to beat the juice! ESPN does not do that, they dont even do as good as the line!

so if you want help predicting a game the absolute best thing to use is the line

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

ESPN is a billion dollar business. I just have confidence their analytics are much better than everybody else possibly could be. Just a hunch, I definitely could be wrong. It's also about saving myself time.
    Fair honest answer and I hope your hunch is correct, good luck with your selections!

danshan11

Quote Originally Posted by oilcountry99 View Post
    Fair honest answer and I hope your hunch is correct, good luck with your selections!
    this shows right here, his hunch is not correct
    http://www.thepredictiontracker.com/...type=1&year=17

ddittie

and like those results show the actual line did better, so if you use espn you pay the juice!

you got to beat the juice! ESPN does not do that, they dont even do as good as the line!

so if you want help predicting a game the absolute best thing to use is the line
    danshan, you need to use a little common sense when looking at those results. First off, the individual statistics per year show that there is inaccuracies with their lines. But, everybody is off on the line, because the purpose of the line is to split the bets, and the measurement for the accuracy measures how far off the lines are from the final score. They will always be off because teams will almost certainly blow out teams in games that are supposed to be close.

Furthermore, I'm not betting SPREAD, when using espn stats, I'm betting moneylines. So, when you read this article it shows that their predictor is extremely accurate when you look at all games (ex: 54% favs and how often they win, which was in the 50s). The more years you use the more accurate it is.
    To use the predictor win % to bet against the spread is not what im doing. I understand your knee jerk reaction to argue and be right, but in this case, let the numbers (results) do the talking.

danshan11

you can try and justify until the cows come home why espn who cant even beat the midweek line over 1000 games is sharper than the line BUT reality is if you use espn to predict games in the long run you will pay the juice!

danshan11

espn is sharper than the average bear but so am I, but that is NOT enough to beat the juice in the long run!

ddittie

Again, I'm not using espn to bet spreads. I'm using it to bet moneylines and its quite simple to do basic multiplication/division to see if it is +EV.
    If you're arguing espn's predictor on win% is not accurate, then I am willing to admit the jury is not out on that quite yet. But, I'm assuming it is pretty accurate, and will only get better. If it is +-5% I can account for that when I look at the expected value and only make the plays where it being 5% off is still a positive result.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Nice hit ddittie.

We are watching you.

Points Awarded:

ddittie gave KVB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danshan11

Again, I'm not using espn to bet spreads. I'm using it to bet moneylines and its quite simple to do basic multiplication/division to see if it is +EV.
    If you're arguing espn's predictor on win% is not accurate, then I am willing to admit the jury is not out on that quite yet. But, I'm assuming it is pretty accurate, and will only get better. If it is +-5% I can account for that when I look at the expected value and only make the plays where it being 5% off is still a positive result.
    ESPN is just like the line going to be off some and on some and will win some and lose some and it will all at the end of the day be you paying the juice!

ddittie

ESPN is just like the line going to be off some and on some and will win some and lose some and it will all at the end of the day be you paying the juice!
    keep an eye on my basketball picks thread. if you are right, it will dig itself a hole.

danshan11

it is very simple if the closing line says 72% chance of winning not counting fave long shot bias and how big the margin but basically they have a 71% chance of really winning

danshan11

keep an eye on my basketball picks thread. if you are right, it will dig itself a hole.
    dont trick yourself thinking a 100 or 200 game count means anything, its nothing

danshan11

wouldnt it be awesome we all just bet the espn line and kill off the 2000 year old betting industry in one clean sweep, oh wait shit if espn got sharper than the line it would then become the line, right and they would just add margin, kinda like roulette or craps!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Based on this logic you should be hammering the Denver Nuggets tonight.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Also, the Nuggets could do well because they should be relaxed as reports come in that the team was hammering these cheerleaders last night.

ddittie

Im on Denver tonight, just not 10% of the roll.

ddittie

It’s the beginning of nba season and the end of the nfl season. Stats will be more accurate at the end of the season than the beginning.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Otters please do not read this thread.

danshan11

Im on Denver tonight, just not 10% of the roll.
    if you use 10% of your BR on small moneylines like -300 to +300 you will go broke 100% guaranteed, dont do that break your BR into 100 units and bet to win 1 unit on every bet

danshan11

who is Otters?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

who is Otters?

One of my favorite posters who loves chalk like a fat kid loves cake.

danshan11

one of the big fave players oh ok!

advantageU
    4 fords and a toyota
    advantageU's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

First 12