iBetSo
    iBetSo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

First Post: SF -3

Been lurking this forum on and off for a long time.

Noticed traffic has lowered recently. A lot of arguing going on about who is good, who actually bets, etc. Sometimes entertaining honestly.

I bet relatively high amounts. Had good success in football this year. I will never claim a guarantee or lock. Tail or fade but at the end of the day its your money and your choice.

I dont use units. I base my amount on how good I feel about a play and where my profit is at recently. This isnt a grind it out job for me. Just a successful hobby.

I'll post tickets of my bets because it seems to make people happy.

This isn't an average bet size for me, but I like the play a lot. And its been a very profitable month.

https://imgur.com/a/tFLQd02

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Welcome to posting & GL

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

12 grand on the 49ers?? Why? What makes you so confident in them?

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

goat, NYG is definitely a dead duck. Kraken has cooked the forum.

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Coin toss at best.

Traffic has lowered recently?

iBetSo

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    12 grand on the 49ers?? Why? What makes you so confident in them?
    Ignore the betting amount. For those that use units I'd say this is about 5u comparing to an average bet size for me.
    Biggest reasoning is line movement bet, or lack thereof. Based on my perception there was a lot of Giant love, however a lot of Giants +3(even) for an extended period of time. Other than that I personally see a Giant team that needs position for Alabama LT in the draft more than they need a pride saving win. If they were interested in wins Eli wouldn't be at QB.

I'm in no way claiming Giants don't win another game this year, or that they don't win this one. But since I have to take a side, it's SF at home in Primetime.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by iBetSo View Post
    Ignore the betting amount. For those that use units I'd say this is about 5u comparing to an average bet size for me.
    Biggest reasoning is line movement bet, or lack thereof. Based on my perception there was a lot of Giant love, however a lot of Giants +3(even) for an extended period of time. Other than that I personally see a Giant team that needs position for Alabama LT in the draft more than they need a pride saving win. If they were interested in wins Eli wouldn't be at QB.

I'm in no way claiming Giants don't win another game this year, or that they don't win this one. But since I have to take a side, it's SF at home in Primetime.
    You don't have to take a side. You don't have to bet. You must be confident in SF to put that kind of money on them, even if it's chump change for you, it's still a lot. I was leaning Giants +3 but also worried that SF could come out and just blow them out. Mullins is a big question mark to me, I have no idea if he's good or bad. Raiders are the worst team in football, by far, and I can't measure him against that team. Besides that, the star power of Barkley and Beckham, Shepard and Evan Engram, Jenkins and Landon Collins and Olivier vernon, worry me a bit if I'm a 49ers backer and also the fact that Giants have basically played every game close as hell this season.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Ok I've just taken SF for my BTP pick this week. Good luck to us and welcome to SBR!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

I'm a Giant homer and I wouldn't go near this game.
    Both teams are pigs.

JayandCaitti
    JayandCaitti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

On 49ers aswell. Only for 200 though lol not nearly as much as you.

Good luck.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s not your first post, it’s about your 10th name nobody starts the first post like that
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

i agree with JJ, definitely OP just created an account again
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave MikeTizzy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iBetSo

I agree, probably was a loose use of the word "have" for me. But I also believe that most games present edges and I see SF with that edge.
    Giants have talent, but it's talent that doesn't play well together for some reason. Eli is a statue, against a respectable pass rush tonight. Barkley is an athletic freak, but with no support. He can and does make big plays, but solely on his extreme effort more often than not. And I don't believe the new addition to the line is a huge immediate upgrade. He may make big plays. Same goes for Beckham. But if you are betting on a team that has to rely on big plays alone to win, I see that as -EV.

Coaching is a big factor in games played between two lower tier teams. Shanahan can put the SF offense in good spots. He knows how to play to a QB's strength in my opinion. He will allow Nick to play how he wants to play. Which is a big factor in having success with your backup. All these guys are elite. They are professional. The problem with a backup is he is usually put into an offense built for their starter.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTizzy View Post
    goat, NYG is definitely a dead duck. Kraken has cooked the forum.
    Don't believe in superstition. If on San Fran would like to hear your reasons why. Got a lot riding on this pick on my weekly pool. If I get it right, I'll win this week out of 90 ppl.

iBetSo

Ive enjoyed seeing your post for years JJ. When I was making my account I knew it wouldnt take long for you to be in on it. I actually have respect for you. You keep the forum active. Not looking to turn this into anything. But if it helps my case I doubt guys that create multiple accounts and dump them donate to Make A Wish within the first few minutes of creating it. Im glad the forum has that as an option.

Goat Milk

Ive enjoyed seeing your post for years JJ. When I was making my account I knew it wouldnt take long for you to be in on it. I actually have respect for you. You keep the forum active. Not looking to turn this into anything. But if it helps my case I doubt guys that create multiple accounts and dump them donate to Make A Wish within the first few minutes of creating it. Im glad the forum has that as an option.
    Plenty of people in hospital you can donate that money to directly. Will have a bigger impact on their lives and their family's lives if you put it in their hands, instead of sending a few digits electronically to Make a Wish.

iBetSo

I saw the other options, wasn't sure what they were exactly.
    If SF wins tonight, $100 to each of the other options as well.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

welcome back magaman

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7731

Been lurking this forum on and off for a long time.

Noticed traffic has lowered recently. A lot of arguing going on about who is good, who actually bets, etc. Sometimes entertaining honestly.

I bet relatively high amounts. Had good success in football this year. I will never claim a guarantee or lock. Tail or fade but at the end of the day its your money and your choice.

I dont use units. I base my amount on how good I feel about a play and where my profit is at recently. This isnt a grind it out job for me. Just a successful hobby.

I'll post tickets of my bets because it seems to make people happy.

This isn't an average bet size for me, but I like the play a lot. And its been a very profitable month.

https://imgur.com/a/tFLQd02
    I looked at the ticket and it looks awfully like the tickets generated from Bovada as I play there mostly just because they have the best odds for me when I am taking the underdogs. I don't know what system they use or if any other books are using the same system, but I'm curious to know what sports book generated that ticket? Would you mind telling us what sports book you are using and placed that bet?

You made your bet at -3-120 and Bovada is the only one showing that odd on SBR Week 11 NFL Odds. I have accounts on just about all sports books (>=A books that is and allowed from USA), so I could log into each one and check what the current line is but I am not in the mood to waste time doing that.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I looked at the ticket and it looks awfully like the tickets generated from Bovada as I play there mostly just because they have the best odds for me when I am taking the underdogs. I don't know what system they use or if any other books are using the same system, but I'm curious to know what sports book generated that ticket? Would you mind telling us what sports book you are using and placed that bet?

You made your bet at -3-120 and Bovada is the only one showing that odd on SBR Week 11 NFL Odds. I have accounts on just about all sports books (>=A books that is and allowed from USA), so I could log into each one and check what the current line is but I am not in the mood to waste time doing that.
    Who cares about his ticket. Point is he has a good amount of money on SF. A lot of guys on the forum seem to like SF and not much reasoning.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t care who he is though at least he contributed

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Who cares about his ticket. Point is he has a good amount of money on SF. A lot of guys on the forum seem to like SF and not much reasoning.
    I do for one simple reason and I will tell you what that reason is when the op answers my question.

iBetSo

I wouldn't hold your breath for that answer. Not to be rude but where I place my bets is irrelevant to other people.

iBetSo

We all know what the betting and poker landscape is currently like. Im more than happy to prove my plays. Thats all though.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

12k on this game, do u do this for a living? lmao thats an absurd amount for an average gambler

iBetSo

I have passive income that covers living expenses. I do use winnings from this to splurge some. But food and shelter for me doesn’t depend on turning a profit betting sports.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

Bottom of the barrel bowl.... and dude throws down 12k on line movement..... Ok...

GL iBet

iBetSo

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    Bottom of the barrel bowl.... and dude throws down 12k on line movement..... Ok...

GL iBet
    Great thing about betting. One side has to win. Lol. And two people can look at the same information and see two completely different things. Time to see which side we come out on.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’s not your first post, it’s about your 10th name nobody starts the first post like that
    Bingo. One these times tho he gonna get hot then try to sell some the mental midgets around here his “package” !!! Lmfao

2daBank

Great thing about betting. One side has to win. Lol. And two people can look at the same information and see two completely different things. Time to see which side we come out on.
    Seems like a really good one to stay way far away from. Gun to my head id be on same side as you, prob more like .25 unit degen bet tho! Lol. Gl

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Guessing this guy is betting through a local with online interface

Also guessing this guy is wealthy, something that is rare around SBR. Plenty of people bet 12k on games, whether they can afford it or not, so stop second guessing this guy just cuz you don’t bet as much.

iBetSo

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Bingo. One these times tho he gonna get hot then try to sell some the mental midgets around here his “package” !!! Lmfao
    As I’ve said I’ve lurked here for a long time. I knew these reactions would come. And it’s what kept me from posting here for a long time. I have no interest in ever trying to sell picks.

But Bank, I actually use your posts and inputs when I’m looking into games. You have my respect as a poster here.

I’ll accept being ridden for a while. It’s not a big deal. Sports bettors need skepticism to succeed. Unfortunately it overflows into every area of life. Can’t say I’m not guilty of it too though.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

I like your side …. but damn... 2 crap teams.... you never know..... again GL

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post

GL iBet
    I think he said a lack of line movement and from my own experience of watching the line movements, when there isn't one for smallish lines like tonight's line of -3, it looked to me like the favorites cover more than the underdogs.

Based on Sports Insights' figures, 63% of public is on the Giants and yet the line never moved per SBR as it opened at -3 and closed at -3.

But then, Scoresandodds.com says it opened at -2.5, which usually means the 49ers are not good enough to beat the Giants by even a field goal. Scoresandodds.com also says the Vegas lines opened at -2.5, so I don't know which is the true opening line as it matters to me quite a bit in deciding who to take.

My only question is that the ticket he posted didn't appear to be anything like the ones any of the sports books in Las Vegas, so I can only guess it's from an online sports book. How many online books do you know that allows over $5,000 maximum on a football side besides Pinnacle?

I had a Pinnacle account over 15 years ago and they let me bet up to $15,000 on a side, which I did only once and lost. That same damn team I took and lost on then went on a 12+ ATS cover streak. I will NEVER forget that as I could have made TONS if I had waited just one game as I am a streak bettor.

I have been riding the Saints and I don't foresee them losing for a while barring any major injuries.

2daBank

As I’ve said I’ve lurked here for a long time. I knew these reactions would come. And it’s what kept me from posting here for a long time. I have no interest in ever trying to sell picks.

But Bank, I actually use your posts and inputs when I’m looking into games. You have my respect as a poster here.

I’ll accept being ridden for a while. It’s not a big deal. Sports bettors need skepticism to succeed. Unfortunately it overflows into every area of life. Can’t say I’m not guilty of it too though.
    You could be the exception bro, if you been lurking you just know we get a lot of clowns that create a new account every season hoping nobody remembers how pathetic they were before! Lol..

I was just agreeing w baldy about that more than anything aimed directly at you (assumed he might have looked up your IP address if he saying that). Hope he full of shit and this really your 1st go around. If so welcome aboard and gl.

Ps: appreciate the kind words.

12 Last