Johnny Gunn
    Johnny Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Patriots -2.5?

Someone please talk me out of pounding the Patriots -2.5!

First off, I'm a huge Bears fan and been on the right side of every game but the Tampa Bay blowout. One of my sites has Patriots -2.5, it opened at -3.5 and I would understand it at -3. The sharps must be all over the Bears because the Patriots are always one of if not the #1 public plays each week.

The Bears front 7 is awesome, but they seem to wear down in the 2nd half and Mack will be limited with a bad ankle. There secondary is so-so and you saw what happened to them last week and versus the Packers week 1. Belichick isn't an idiot and will design a game plan to get the ball out fast and make there secondary tackle. On offense, the Bears will be able to move the ball, but enough to outscore Brady and company?

Comes down for me who is better, Brady/Belichick or Mitchell/Nagy? No brainer…

Any thoughts?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Like this play, too, especially after Chicago's devastating loss last week in Miami. Bears should be 4-1 entering this game and they'd have a free play in the game. Now, they'll be 3-3 after this one. Pats defense is bad but NE should score plenty in this game.

Johnny Gunn

Yeah, I slept on it and ended up getting Patriots -2.5 -115. Don't like betting against my own team but you know that team the best.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

no need for greed PATRIOTS MONEY LINE

Lucky1g
    Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

Pats have looked terrible on the road this year. Chicago very strong recent history as a home underdog. Bears off a bad loss, pats just beat the hottest team in the league...public perception screams Pats. Personally I expect bears D to get after Brady and make it a long day. Trubusky has shown me enough this year to think they’ll have good success moving the ball against weak pats D, watch the Bears in this one..I think they win outright

Johnny Gunn

Now the lines down to -2…

Late line movements don't bother me in NFL, but in College they bother me. Now, Gronk is out which hasn't affected the Patriots win/loss record through the years. Mack has a bad ankle which should limit his plays and he might not be a factor in the 4th quarter. Also, I think wide receiver Robinson is out too for the Bears. I don't know I think I'm overthinking this way too much, ha ha. Yeah the Pats are the square play but seems like everyone has crowned the Bears the new "it" team. The fact that they played KC last week in a huge primetime game doesn't bother me, because Belichick won't let them overlook the Bears. I might hedge my bet in either a teaser or parlay.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Few things, about bears wearing down late I know you speaking about 2 particular games so let’s look.

Week 1 against gb when they had them dead to rights and a hobbled Rodgers gashed them in second half. Think ya gotta remember that was Mack’s 1st game after no preseason and he def looked gassed in the 2nd after being a one man wrecking crew early on. Think we can agree this is understandable.

Then of course last week. Lots of teams go down to Miami this time of year in the heat and struggle for 60 minutes. These guys been away from hot shitty conditions for well over a month and it takes it out of ya going back into that shit. I also thought the bye came at a terrible time for this team, young hungry team building momentum and then they gotta take a week off to feel themselves a little or hear how good they are. Rarely will I say a bye i negative but I thought it was for them leading into this game..

There was something really good to take from the mia game. Second game in a row bears offense looked better well after the scripted plays they thrived on early in games to start the year. I think trubisky still struggles w accuracy when he forced to get off his 1st read and scan the field, however i think Nagy is really starting to get a feel for his young qb and is doing a great job getting those explosive playmakers Cohen and Gabriel out into space w design that sets trubisky up for success.. that is huge in this game because if you didn’t happen to notice last week the pats d is not very fast! Hunt in space and hill turning on the jets were way too fast for pats to deal with!! Gabriel has that kind of speed and Cohen is gonna be a nightmare for the linebackers. Don’t think Nagy didn’t see what kc did to pats in second half and licking his chops to hit pats w some explosive chunk plays!!

The bears d gonna be one of best in the league and think those 2 second half collapses were incredibly explainable and not something would worry about going forward. Obviously Brady gonna put up some points on anyone but I strongly believe he will be uncomfortable in this game. Bears won’t give them big plays and when he has to drive the field there gonna be times the pass rush gets home. Bears also tighten up big time in red zone, I saw pats settle for fgs multiple times against kc soft ass d!!

Not gonna lie, as much as i like bears I waited when it opened at 3.5 hoping I could get +4. Obviously that never happened and it incredibly tough to bet against pats at such a short number (I did do just that when they played jags but that was a gm it was clearly more important to them than pats).

This might end up being a pass for me but I just wanted to point out some reasons I’d be cautious unloading on pats here. I’ll say this, if you like pats you might wanna look at the over cause I strongly believe bears are gonna hit them for enough big plays to score upwards of 27-28.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gunn View Post
    Now the lines down to -2…

Late line movements don't bother me in NFL, but in College they bother me. Now, Gronk is out which hasn't affected the Patriots win/loss record through the years. Mack has a bad ankle which should limit his plays and he might not be a factor in the 4th quarter. Also, I think wide receiver Robinson is out too for the Bears. I don't know I think I'm overthinking this way too much, ha ha. Yeah the Pats are the square play but seems like everyone has crowned the Bears the new "it" team. The fact that they played KC last week in a huge primetime game doesn't bother me, because Belichick won't let them overlook the Bears. I might hedge my bet in either a teaser or parlay.
    What should bother you is bears have 2 weapons that very similar to the kc players that torched pats d. And a playcaller who will exploit it.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Trubisky is not a franchise quarterback , enough to know.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

The Patriots bet looks good but it also looks like a trap line, might be a public fade. I'd avoid altogether.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Suspicious line barely favors Patriots and then we find out this morning Gronk is out. Not a coincidence.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Patriots offense has answers for everything. Although it is true "getting to Brady" is the Bears
    best game plan, will Mack be capable of it with his day-to-day ankle?
    Brady can certainly get the ball out fast and I expect this to be part of the game plan. The running game
    is also performing well. Nagy is a first-year coach who has displayed some lack of leadership, to be expected,
    how can you take Nagy over BB?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Patriots offense has answers for everything. Although it is true "getting to Brady" is the Bears
    best game plan, will Mack be capable of it with his day-to-day ankle?
    Brady can certainly get the ball out fast and I expect this to be part of the game plan. The running game
    is also performing well. Nagy is a first-year coach who has displayed some lack of leadership, to be expected,
    how can you take Nagy over BB?
    Nagy doing very well. Love his offensive game plans. Bears will put points up on pats.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Wait to play Pats next week....they always win in Buffalo....