kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Kirk Cousins

some guys are just stat monsters and not winners. matt stafford, tony romo, and add kirk cousins. just aren't winners. in big moments and big games in general. romo it was the pick 6 in the 4th quarter. stafford usually down and putting up crazy stats in comeback attempts. cousins 1-2-1 with 3 huge fumbles. sometimes you don't get what you pay for. alex smith should be a minnesota viking right now.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

I'm not sure cousins was ever good or will be

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Romo and Stafford, yes.

The jury is still out on Cousins.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Romo and Stafford, yes.

The jury is still out on Cousins.
    i don't see intangibles and awareness when it counts. he loses many games with turnovers at inopportune moments. if you watched the buffalo game it looked like a college freshman. 5 minutes after having his arm back and losing the football he does the same again. and tonight after last week, still totally unaware as donald and suh are really warming up. he's 30 years old. guess the jury is gonna need a long stay to figure out the obvious.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

These criticisms are all legit.

But when people start saying teams should have let them go its just silly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He cannot win
    500 type qb

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    i don't see intangibles and awareness when it counts. he loses many games with turnovers at inopportune moments. if you watched the buffalo game it looked like a college freshman. 5 minutes after having his arm back and losing the football he does the same again. and tonight after last week, still totally unaware as donald and suh are really warming up. he's 30 years old. guess the jury is gonna need a long stay to figure out the obvious.
    Maybe you're right, I didn't realize he was 30. I thought he was closer to 27. I guess he is what he is at this point until proven otherwise.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

He is one of the best in the game today. You put any average QB in that game tonight(Like 20 million dollar QB Sam Bradford) and you get shut out.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    He is one of the best in the game today. You put any average QB in that game tonight(Like 20 million dollar QB Sam Bradford) and you get shut out.
    stat monster. coming into tonight he had 107 td's an 56 picks. thats not even 2:1. not even sure how many fumbles. definitely not the guy you want on a super bowl ready team. alex smith is an ideal fit for the vikings but they were freaked by keenum not scoring when they needed it. sometimes steady is whats best.

Kermit

stat monster. coming into tonight he had 107 td's an 56 picks. thats not even 2:1. not even sure how many fumbles. definitely not the guy you want on a super bowl ready team. alex smith is an ideal fit for the vikings but they were freaked by keenum not scoring when they needed it. sometimes steady is whats best.
    What looked better tonight, Kirk Cousin or his defense?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

What looked better tonight, Kirk Cousin or his defense?
    they invested heavily in him beyond tonight. that defense will be better. history says he won't. the pace that alex smith plays at will help the defense as well. kirk is gonna drag these guys down. with this start and bears improving they may go from nfc championship game to no playoffs with a so called better qb. how did rams d do? goff the 23 yr old didnt give the game away. again. gruden is still employed because he's been able to blame rg3 and cousins for years. redskins mgmt always knew cousins wasn't the answer. only good enough to keep them from drafting high and getting a replacement. so they bring in a fa who will not lose games.

Kermit

so they bring in a fa who will not lose games.
    So Cousins is the reason their defense is nowhere near what it was last year?

Kermit

I don't get the hate on Cousins.

Week 1 He looked good at home and they won against the 49ers
    Week 2 He looked great on the road and they tied Green Bay(They should be 2-0, but their kicker sucked ass)
    Week 3 He looked bad at home and they lost to Buffalo(The whole team got outplayed badly from the get-go)
    Week 4 He looked great and they lost to the Rams(The defense gave up 556 yards)

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

they were 7th in league coming into tonight in ypp. they were 27th in yppt. turnovers equals bad field position and teams scoring on short fields. tonight he had the turnover in a prime moment just like last week when he had two early to get the bills in the red zone. he is a mistake prone qb who will hurt any defense. they have to work harder to overcome his mistakes. they had 5 turnovers in 3 games. that is not vikings strategy for winning. quite the opposite. if you like stats cool. i was always a brady over manning guy and thought people were insane for saying otherwise. did they not watch playoffs lol?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I thought minny d was supposed to be good

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I'm not sure cousins was ever good or will be
    Sorry you missed tonight's game

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I don't get the hate on Cousins.

Week 1 He looked good at home and they won against the 49ers
    Week 2 He looked great on the road and they tied Green Bay(They should be 2-0, but their kicker sucked ass)
    Week 3 He looked bad at home and they lost to Buffalo(The whole team got outplayed badly from the get-go)
    Week 4 He looked great and they lost to the Rams(The defense gave up 556 yards)
    Because they are retarded

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I did too.

I didn't think that Minny was paying Kirk to pass for 350+ yards a game and score 28+.

Kermit

they were 7th in league coming into tonight in ypp. they were 27th in yppt. turnovers equals bad field position and teams scoring on short fields. tonight he had the turnover in a prime moment just like last week when he had two early to get the bills in the red zone. he is a mistake prone qb who will hurt any defense. they have to work harder to overcome his mistakes. they had 5 turnovers in 3 games. that is not vikings strategy for winning. quite the opposite. if you like stats cool. i was always a brady over manning guy and thought people were insane for saying otherwise. did they not watch playoffs lol?
    And those turnovers are all on him and not on the people that are supposed to be protecting him?

C'mon man.

Even that first interception he had this year wasn't on him. It went threw Treadwell's hands.

Kermit

I highly doubt that anyone that plays defense for the Vikings is blaming Kirk Cousins for blowing the game tonight.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

agree with OP, kirk very likely wont improve even with this offense even though he looked good the first couple of games but its just not good enough. I wouldn't compare stats this season they are too padded for the QB because you can't even fully tackle them. qbs throwing 300+ 3-5tds regularly now its sick

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Cousins has not been bad. He was backup, turned starter.
    With that being said, nobody in the NFC north was scared when the Vikings signed him.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

so is the rams. rams are a superior offense. vikes gave up 27 to buffalo. on 292 total yds. u know why??
    yes we do. vikes rushed for 118/game last year. this year they are second to last at 66/game. that'll drop after they only had about 50 tonight. maybe its fools gold. the coaches think they have this weapon in cousins that they don't concern themselves with running. and like stafford he is a slow starter and they are down early in games like gb, buff, and tonight against la. and then he turns into the stat monster lol.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Because they are retarded

only the ignorant believe stats matter most. so deceiving for qb. got matt ryan and stafford paid lots of money.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5361

Cousins is garbage. Doesn't he throw like 1 interception for every 2 touchdowns. Lmfao. Also fumbles a ton.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I watched 3 qtrs thought kirk looked good u guys arnt being a little harsh?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I highly doubt that anyone that plays defense for the Vikings is blaming Kirk Cousins for blowing the game tonight.
    45 career fumbles and 56 career ints. if thats what you look for in a qb....

Kermit

He didn't do that tonight. He played pretty God Damn impressively. Like I said, I doubt anyone on that team(especially this "Elite" defense) is blaming him for their loss tonight.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I watched 3 qtrs thought kirk looked good u guys arnt being a little harsh?
    there is parity in this league. winning and losing is determined by minute details. brady hasn't been to 8 superbowls by accident. he is at his best when needed. cousins does not have that rep. much like romo, when needed he helps the other team.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Cousins is garbage. Doesn't he throw like 1 interception for every 2 touchdowns. Lmfao. Also fumbles a ton.
    Troy Aikman, 3-time SB winning QB, one of the greatest of all-time had nothing but high praise for both Cousins and Goff...He said he couldn't even remember the last time two QB's played at such an elite level in one game...considering he actually played the game of football and actually played the position, and was one of the best ever to do so, I will gladly trust his opinion over any of the naysayers on this forum...

Kermit

there is parity in this league. winning and losing is determined by minute details. brady hasn't been to 8 superbowls by accident. he is at his best when needed. cousins does not have that rep. much like romo, when needed he helps the other team.
    So out of the 32 teams in the NFL, where would you rank Cousins right now?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

it was actually 40 career fumbles but hey who's counting, right?!...why didn't you mention his 106 TD's, his 2.6 TD to INT ratio?...(which is actually pretty damn good in the NFL)...he also has a career QB rating of 94...not too bad when you consider all of the shitty teams he's been on...

PS..
    In 2015 and 2016, his first two years as a full time starter, Cousins was ranked #6 in the NFL in total QBR...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

He didn't do that tonight. He played pretty God Damn impressively. Like I said, I doubt anyone on that team(especially this "Elite" defense) is blaming him for their loss tonight.
    props to you if you think he is a changed man. he is what he is. much like fitz, a tiger can't change his stripes. protecting the ball is a huge part of being a qb. why is he always down? can he not throw tds in the 1st quarter? 27-32-2 as a starter. you can have it.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

The Redskins will go further this year with Alex Smith than they ever did with Cousins.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    it was actually 40 career fumbles but hey who's counting, right?!...why didn't you mention his 106 TD's, his 2.6 TD to INT ratio?...(which is actually pretty damn good in the NFL)...he also has a career QB rating of 94...not too bad when you consider all of the shitty teams he's been on...
    Last year with the injury plagued Redskins, he was playing with a different crew of guys every week, including the over-hyped bust of the year, Terrell Pryor. I think the Skins were on their 4th running back by week 14.

1234 ... Last