jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    I must strongly disagree with this. I've no idea of your age, jtoler, and so I'm wondering if you're of an age to have seen the NFL in those days. It was an entirely different game. I'm not one of the guys that says it was better, just different. The good QBs would go about 11/20, 190 yards and a couple TDs and we'd be talking about what a great game they had. Every team in the league looked to establish a run game first. The successful teams could throw a few vertical strikes a game, and Bradshaw was as good as anyone--the dude had a cannon arm. There are several QBs who were contemporaries of Bradshaw who one would also think were quite pedestrian if only the raw stats were looked at. Staubach was about the same as Bradshaw when it comes to TD/INT ratio. Dan Fouts had a QB rating of 80 which would make him a backup nowadays. But Bradshaw, Staubach, Fouts, Stabler, Griese, Tarkenton, et. al--those guys were absolutely fantastic QBs.
    maybe but seems to me if you are run first then it should be easier when you do pass, thats typically the way it goes. all those guys you named completed 56% or higher and had much higher passer ratings than Terry. cannon arm is nice but if youre not accurate how much good is it. id take all of those guys over terry in a heartbeat.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Bill Cowher wasn't any better. Completely overrated yet somehow he gets a free pass.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    Bill Cowher wasn't any better. Completely overrated yet somehow he gets a free pass.
    For years his teams were going 7-9 or some crap weren’t they? I remember thinking he shoulda been fired bunch of times. Steelers don’t like to fire guys and hard to argue as that philosophy has pretty much paid off some in every decade!

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    For years his teams were going 7-9 or some crap weren’t they? I remember thinking he shoulda been fired bunch of times. Steelers don’t like to fire guys and hard to argue as that philosophy has pretty much paid off some in every decade!
    Can't disagree with that. I just find it funny everyone gives Tomlin a hard time and Cowher always got off the hook. Look at his teams and what he actually accomplished and he wasn't any better.

First 12