PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    So I wonder if they are just going to hold him hostage now that they know they have a backup running back that can perform.
    Not gonna happen as The Rooneys don't fukk around........

I knew for a couple weeks now that Bell was replaceable,so you can guarantee the Rooneys knew...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They didn’t even miss him today because Pitt got a pretty good running back

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

this is more proof that big $ones are over paid..

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Football is a passing game now. The days of work horses who gave up their bodies like Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith are over. Greedy. lazy fuk's like Bell are good for a 2 yard goal line punch in and that ain't worth no fuk'in 60 million. Lazy piece of shit is not a team player and his balloon ego shows it by not reporting for training camp. He sucked last season when he was out of shape and rhythm those first few games when he finally did show up and play.

Like I said, I hope the Steelers sit his fuk'in ass or he doesn't show up and continues to be fined $853,000 for each missed game. Real smart thinking from an idiot nearing 30 and on the down slope of a wasted nfl career. One blown out knee, snapped ankle or bad concussion and he's fuk'in done.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They didn’t even miss him today because Pitt got a pretty good running back
    I think they actually missed him today. Bell would have had much better stats than Connor. Plus that turnover for a Cleveland TD basically opened the door for Cleveland to come back. If you watched the game today, you would know that Connor had a bunch of opportunities where he couldn't hit the hole just right. Cleveland laid off of him in that 2nd half which allowed him to break a few runs. Most Teams have to game plan for Bell. Not with Connor. I don't think this game hurt Bell one bit. His stock will still be high, even if he sits out the year.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think they actually missed him today. Bell would have had much better stats than Connor. Plus that turnover for a Cleveland TD basically opened the door for Cleveland to come back. If you watched the game today, you would know that Connor had a bunch of opportunities where he couldn't hit the hole just right. Cleveland laid off of him in that 2nd half which allowed him to break a few runs. Most Teams have to game plan for Bell. Not with Connor. I don't think this game hurt Bell one bit. His stock will still be high, even if he sits out the year.

Bell also may have come in rusty today. Last year it took him 3 games to get his shit together. And that was after showing up 9 days before the 1st game.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If the Steelers are not going to pay Bell, let someone else pay him. The niners and Seahawks would sign him tomorrow

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

LayVehlon is actually incredibly smart, he is working on his rap game now for after his career is over. I see him being a multi-platinum artist after his fball career winds down.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Football is a passing game now. The days of work horses who gave up their bodies like Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith are over. Greedy. lazy fuk's like Bell are good for a 2 yard goal line punch in and that ain't worth no fuk'in 60 million. Lazy piece of shit is not a team player and his balloon ego shows it by not reporting for training camp. He sucked last season when he was out of shape and rhythm those first few games when he finally did show up and play.

Like I said, I hope the Steelers sit his fuk'in ass or he doesn't show up and continues to be fined $853,000 for each missed game. Real smart thinking from an idiot nearing 30 and on the down slope of a wasted nfl career. One blown out knee, snapped ankle or bad concussion and he's fuk'in done.
    Mike you don’t watch much football do you? Guy caught 85 balls last year. Your mentioning of a career ending injury is the very reason he should sit out this year.

Oh by the way. He’s 26

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Leveon will be there come week 10, or else he won't be eligible to become a free agent next year. So they get him for the playoff push.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Leveon will be there come week 10, or else he won't be eligible to become a free agent next year. So they get him for the playoff push.
    Good point. Pitt can just franchise him next year

PAULYPOKER

Apparently, you guys do not know or understand what the
    "best if sold before this date"means, which is
    standard guidelines for RB's in the NFL...........

The Date is 5 years unless you're a freak like Adrian Peterson,
    but even he has practically lost all contract bargaining power......
    The Skins got one hell of a steal by signing him....

The Rooneys planned for this from the get go,
    when they agreed on previous contract or contracts
    with Bell.....

Gone are the days of Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders ECT............

Shelf life is 5 years in general for an NFL Running Back into today's day and age..........

Only people dumb enough to give him his asking price
    would be someone like Jerry Jones........
    Jones owns an I first personality and his team shows it.............

You won't find one selfish player on Pittsburgh or
    New England............

I wonder what kind of an affect this has on these 2 teams....

Can you tell me otherwise of the obvious?

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    LayVehlon is actually incredibly smart, he is working on his rap game now for after his career is over. I see him being a multi-platinum artist after his fball career winds down.
    Lol, right. Music is one of the biggest pits retired players blow money on.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Using the franchise tag to go year to year with positions that are high injury prone (like RB) is the smart thing to do for teams. No need to make a long term commitment to a position that is replaceable like RB.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Using the franchise tag to go year to year with positions that are high injury prone (like RB) is the smart thing to do for teams. No need to make a long term commitment to a position that is replaceable like RB.
    That was not the intent of the franchise tag. It was so teams could keep a franchise quarterback. No one at any position wants to be franchised now. Not even quarterbacks
    Last edited by seaborneq; 09-09-18 at 09:31 PM.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    That was not the intent of the franchise tag. It was so teams could keep a franchise quarterback. No one at any position wants to be franchised now. Not even quarterbacks
    Of course they don't, because getting $50 mils guaranteed over 4 years is more valuable than having a one-year $15 mils deal and hoping you stay healthy/performance doesn't decline and can sign another deal the following year.

The only thing the franchise tag does is make sure you are paid like the top 5 at your position. But just for that given season.

IF they wanted to make the NFL a fair marketplace, everyone contract would be a 1 year deal. And you'd have free agency every single season for every player.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

leveon technically most of not all his rookie season with a suspension and injury, then got injured in the playoffs a year or 2 later so he really doesn't have that many miles on him. he really is worth gurley money

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post

High level of ignorance here. And on both sides of the argument ignorantly. Nfl fans can sound really stupid sometimes.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Bell also may have come in rusty today. Last year it took him 3 games to get his shit together. And that was after showing up 9 days before the 1st game.
    I agree, he would have most likely been rusty had he played but anyone that has evaluated RB's know that he is a much more explosive, elite level RB than Connor. Only a few players get the entire team standing up to watch on the sidelines. Bell is a once a decade or longer back.
    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    It would cost Pitt $19 million to tag him 3 years in a row. That ain't happening. They will either sign him to a longer term deal or let him walk. He's gambling that another team will pay him more and Pittsburgh has basically already told him that they won't pay him the going rate, so I think he'll be in another uniform next year.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    leveon technically most of not all his rookie season with a suspension and injury, then got injured in the playoffs a year or 2 later so he really doesn't have that many miles on him. he really is worth gurley money
    Who’s more successful over the years? Rams or Steelers Case closed !! Sure Bell is the best RB in the NFL- He will get his money some where else and suck !! He won’t play for Pittsburgh ever again

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

people always say rb is replaceable, replaceable with what though, guarantee they wont be another Bell. he should have asked to get traded if he hasnt already, like Mack maybe someone else would pay him what he wants

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

LeVeon, LeVeon likes his money
    He makes a lot they say
    Spends his days counting
    In a garage by the motorway
    Until the Steelers call

PAULYPOKER

nnnnnnnnnnnn

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    only if they want to pay 144 %

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    There's not a player alive worth that; never has been, never will be.

Unless his accountant is a thief, Bell should already have enough money to live the rest of his life without another NFL paycheck. Of course, he's already shown he's not the brightest bulb in the box.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

And he's officially on the trading block for the Steelers.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

good luck getting that huge guarantee next year bell

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

James Conner has four 100-plus rushing and two-TD games this year. Le'Veon Bell has three, for his career.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I totally understand why Bell held out, but in today's NFL a running back really doesn't have much leverage because of the number of high level quality back up RBs who will come in and get the job done unlike other skill positions

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

he could still end up the highest paid running back in the league this year if he comes back soon

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1424

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    James Conner has four 100-plus rushing and two-TD games this year. Le'Veon Bell has three, for his career.
    Steelers very happy w connerrrrr

Bell wants out we find out tmr

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Wow

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Guys forget how good Bell is since they haven't seen him in a while. Pitt doesn't want to pay him, save your body and go to a team who will. Still just 26 years old, he'll get Gurley money one way or another. Good for him sitting out.

First ... 2345678 ... Last