Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I agree that Bell is a once in a decade RB but dont you think that decade is now the past....his best years in the mirror? He'll be 27/28 next year I mean really what's left in the tank?
    Once in a decade RB?
    Is he really better than Gurley, Elliot, Barkley, Hunt, Gordon, AP or McCoy?

Travistop
    Travistop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

I’d like to know how it’s possible for bell to recoup the 14million he was going to get? No way this move made his net worth higher.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Travistop View Post
    I’d like to know how it’s possible for bell to recoup the 14million he was going to get? No way this move made his net worth higher.
    He's better than Gurley and he got 45 million Guaranteed (could make more)

So if he gets, let's say 50 million Guaranteed, that's like him making 14.5 this year , and 35 next year which is more than he would of made we with the third franchise tag.

Some guys here and on TV are bad at math

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    its so simple, isnt it?
    It's the new world. He's still elite and getting paid tough

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

So if he gets, let's say 50 million Guaranteed, that's like him making 14.5 this year , and 35 next year which is more than he would of made we with the third franchise tag.

He also got a year older with zero field time. Does that help or hurt him?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

He is not better than Gurley and he is a suspension waiting to happen while Gurley is the ultimate pro

He deserves more guaranteed money than the Steelers offered but I would pay Gurley before I would pay him

Hunt, Barkley, Kamara, Conner all prove that great backs are not that hard to find

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    He is not better than Gurley and he is a suspension waiting to happen while Gurley is the ultimate pro

He deserves more guaranteed money than the Steelers offered but I would pay Gurley before I would pay him

Hunt, Barkley, Kamara, Conner all prove that great backs are not that hard to find
    I'm not arguing how good or not he is per se, but that someone WILL give him this cash

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I don't understand why everyone thinks Bell is so good.

They just inserted another running back that's topping all of Bell's career high numbers.

What's the infatuation with this guy? Is it because he's shifty and can cut on a dime?

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I don't understand why everyone thinks Bell is so good.

They just inserted another running back that's topping all of Bell's career high numbers.

What's the infatuation with this guy? Is it because he's shifty and can cut on a dime?
    He's levels above Connor, but he's running behind the best O line in football.

He's a RB/WR with Elite speed and elusiveness

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Travistop View Post
    He can't, however, he's set for a big contract depending on the team which will want to sign him. Prolly 40+ mil guaranteed. Current offer of 70 mil *14 guaranteed would look very different if he got injured cause the Steelers could just offload him...

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

He's levels above Connor
    What are you basing this on?

Feelings?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I'm not arguing how good or not he is per se, but that someone WILL give him this cash
    Ok
    I agree that he will get a lot of money
    I just don't know how much people will pay for a RB who has off field issues, especially when there are so many other talented backs constantly coming into the league

I don't mean holding out, just his other issues

Kermit

He's levels above Connor, but he's running behind the best O line in football.

He's a RB/WR with Elite speed and elusiveness
    I wouldn't say that he is levels above Connor. Connor is crushing all of Bell's stats while the Steelers are about to also have 2 receivers going well over 1,000 yards this year.

It will be interesting to see how Bell does next year with a different offensive line.

As far as contracts go, Bell isn't exactly a "Model Player", so they may hurt him.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

somewhere leveon bell is smiling as ben throws a pick in the end zone

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    somewhere leveon bell is smiling as ben throws a pick in the end zone
    Connor went down with a lower left leg injury. If he's out for the season, Pitt is screwed.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

Pitt will be fine. No one thought Conner would compare to Bell but he did superb; the next man up will do the same.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ No whoever won't be fine..........

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I see little connor is broke up right now is ridley gonna do anything

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Pitt will be fine. No one thought Conner would compare to Bell but he did superb; the next man up will do the same.
    The next man up fumbled the ball in 2 games that led to key losses. Sorry but the next man up has not rang true without Bell. Even Connor was not on Bell's level. If you've seen the Steelers much, you should know that something has been wrong with their offense this entire year and it's because they didn't have Bell. Steeler fans were in denial but the truth is now staring them in the ass.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The next man up fumbled the ball in 2 games that led to key losses. Sorry but the next man up has not rang true without Bell. Even Connor was not on Bell's level. If you've seen the Steelers much, you should know that something has been wrong with their offense this entire year and it's because they didn't have Bell. Steeler fans were in denial but the truth is now staring them in the ass.
    Some guys worth the money, he one of them.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Nothing was wrong with their offense. Their defense(as usual), Kicker problems, and bone-head decisions made by the coach were the issues.

Steelers already have more yards and points scored through 15 games this year than they did through the 16 games last season with Bell.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Nothing was wrong with their offense. Their defense(as usual), Kicker problems, and bone-head decisions made by the coach were the issues.

Steelers already have more yards and points scored through 15 games this year than they did through the 16 games last season with Bell.
    Good running back makes defense better.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Good running back makes defense better.
    Mac said the problem was their offense. So which is it? I don't remember Bell making much of a difference last year with the Steelers' defense compared to this year.

Mac4Lyfe

Mac said the problem was their offense. So which is it? I don't remember Bell making much of a difference last year with the Steelers' defense compared to this year.
    Kermit - Bell allowed the Steelers to control clock and give the defense a breather. Now, they are throwing the ball way too much and wearing their defense out. Plus they are just not as efficient on offense without Bell. Look at the box scores. When Big Ben is your 2nd leading rusher that's a huge problem.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

That’s cause you’re a lil dense lil buddy.

jtoler

no bell no playoffs

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    no bell no playoffs
    Pretty simple math, I think guys just wanna argue cause they don’t like him or jelly he gonna get what he worth? I dunno. Seems obvious Steelers were better with him!!

jtoler

the difference is they were 12-3 at this point last year with bell and not 8-6-1 without bell. defense is 9th in the league in ypg not too shabby 27 yds more than last year.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Guys

Pitt played 11 games last year vs teams that missed the playoffs... think a out the ease of that.

This year their own division may not have a team w a losing record (or maybe Cinci has 9 already not sure)

Like the Vikes this year, 11 or 12 games versus playoff teams from 17 or 18 plus 2 vs Aaron Rogers.

Bell's impact negated by Conner performance, Bell's money well worth the impact elsewhere in 19 and beyond.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Bell got what he wanted.... Pittsburgh not able to make the playoffs because of his absence.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Guys
    Pitt played 11 games last year vs teams that missed the playoffs... think a out the ease of that.
    This year their own division may not have a team w a losing record (or maybe Cinci has 9 already not sure)
    Like the Vikes this year, 11 or 12 games versus playoff teams from 17 or 18 plus 2 vs Aaron Rogers.
    Bell's impact negated by Conner performance, Bell's money well worth the impact elsewhere in 19 and beyond.
    The Steelers was 1-1 with the Ravens, 1 and 0 with Cinci and 1-0-1 with the Browns. It's not like the Ravens, Browns and Cinci were the teams beating them as the Raven's are the only team in the AFC North to beat them in the division.

Steelers streak of 3 straight years with 10 plus wins just went to shit. What is the one glaring hole. Bell... Steeler fans trying to compare Conner to Bell is straight up ludicrous. The Steelers are losing CLOSE games. Bell would have given them that extra oomph to win those close ones. Bell gave you depth at RB and maybe, just maybe Conner doesn't get hurt. Cheap ass management rolled the dice and came up craps. Bell was vindicated but Steeler fans are too prideful to admit it.

jtoler

Bell gone?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Bell gone?
    Well, we now know that the Stoolers are gone. Pay the fukkking man. Haha, Bell got vindicated. Good job Steeler Oline, especially Pouncey for being the bitch of the year.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

4 years...53 Million with only 35 of it guaranteed???? What was the point of the hold out???
    Last edited by Bluehorseshoe; 03-13-19 at 05:52 AM.

First ... 7891011 Last