SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Remember, Defending Super Bowl Champions ATS in Week 1

Last year the Pats got blown out @ Home. But in the past 18 years, last year’s SB winner has gone 11-6-1 ATS.

not saying that the Eagles cover, just pointing out some Stats

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

love Atlanta

Foles played great 3 straight games

Not happening this year

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 182

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    love Atlanta

Foles played great 3 straight games

Not happening this year
    Do u realize how good philly d is

abd at home

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Do u realize how good philly d is

abd at home
    It's good, but most of their success comes from winning upfront. If you have a strong OL that can control that a little bit, other parts of defense can get exposed. Bradham is suspended. And they've lost Patrick Robinson in free agency who was a key piece in their secondary.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    It's good, but most of their success comes from winning upfront. If you have a strong OL that can control that a little bit, other parts of defense can get exposed. Bradham is suspended. And they've lost Patrick Robinson in free agency who was a key piece in their secondary.

Bradham suspension huge but to call Robinson a “key piece in their secondary” is a bit of a stretch. They will be fine with Mills Darby McLeod and Jenkins

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Data mining

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Only thing that makes me nervous about Philly is a SB hangover and all the pregame ceremonies taking them out of it mentally.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post

Bradham suspension huge but to call Robinson a “key piece in their secondary” is a bit of a stretch. They will be fine with Mills Darby McLeod and Jenkins
    If I can recall correctly, he was graded really well last year. He outplayed most of the guys that you mentioned, and none of them can replace him in the slot. It's an important and often overlooked position. Very difficult to get it right. Sidney Jones and Avante Maddox possess talent, but are unknown commodities still...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16085

Tony!!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ryan a stud

Atlanta the play

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Tony!!!!
    Hey Buddy ,

Booya the First SBR poster I met. Super Cool guy and living the Good Life

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16085

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Hey Buddy ,

Booya the First SBR poster I met. Super Cool guy and living the Good Life
    Tony solid as they come....great meeting you as well

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ryan a stud

Atlanta the play
    Ryan a stud?? Cmon JJ....He’s a fricken pop tart with the worst nickname in all of sports.....Martty Ice.....What the Fuk does that even mean

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

If I can recall correctly, he was graded really well last year. He outplayed most of the guys that you mentioned, and none of them can replace him in the slot. It's an important and often overlooked position. Very difficult to get it right. Sidney Jones and Avante Maddox possess talent, but are unknown commodities still...
    he had a nice year. Again wouldn’t call his loss devastating. Came in on a 1 year deal & once philly resigned Bradham there was no cap room for him. Sidney Jones was a 1st rd talent if not for injury so will fill in just fine.

Defense the least of phillys worries

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28595

always bet against the champs....they will always loose 1 of the first 3 games after winning the super bowl

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Only thing that makes me nervous about Philly is a SB hangover and all the pregame ceremonies taking them out of it mentally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    always bet against the champs....they will always loose 1 of the first 3 games after winning the super bowl

I agree, it happens

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    he had a nice year. Again wouldn’t call his loss devastating. Came in on a 1 year deal & once philly resigned Bradham there was no cap room for him. Sidney Jones was a 1st rd talent if not for injury so will fill in just fine.

Defense the least of phillys worries
    I agree, it's not devastating. But we'll see how much they'll miss him, depending on how quick the rookies start to contribute. It's one thing having talent and whole another to actually make it happen on NFL gridiron.

Defense does seem like a solid unit still. What I was trying to say in my first post was that everything starts from that defensive line up front. Because of their spectacular play, they made things easier for other position groups. And if an opposing team can slow them down a bit, I think it exposes some of the weaknesses. Like last year, when Jalen Mills was so used of ball coming out quick, that he got gready and started to jump on every route and got burnt many times by double moves for big gains.

I'm still undecided if Atlanta can do that. I think they have the personnel. If you look at that OL, I don't see a clear weakness in there, left to right and that's a rare thing in the NFL. I think it comes down to how well Sarkisian managed to adjust their scheme in the offseason. They were sloppy and out of rhythm at times last year. If they made corrections so it can be ran more fluently, watch out...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Ryan a stud?? Cmon JJ....He’s a fricken pop tart with the worst nickname in all of sports.....Martty Ice.....What the Fuk does that even mean
    Ice is the drug anyone on who calls him a stud.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I agree, it's not devastating. But we'll see how much they'll miss him, depending on how quick the rookies start to contribute. It's one thing having talent and whole another to actually make it happen on NFL gridiron.

Defense does seem like a solid unit still. What I was trying to say in my first post was that everything starts from that defensive line up front. Because of their spectacular play, they made things easier for other position groups. And if an opposing team can slow them down a bit, I think it exposes some of the weaknesses. Like last year, when Jalen Mills was so used of ball coming out quick, that he got gready and started to jump on every route and got burnt many times by double moves for big gains.

I'm still undecided if Atlanta can do that. I think they have the personnel. If you look at that OL, I don't see a clear weakness in there, left to right and that's a rare thing in the NFL. I think it comes down to how well Sarkisian managed to adjust their scheme in the offseason. They were sloppy and out of rhythm at times last year. If they made corrections so it can be ran more fluently, watch out...
    I feel like tevin Coleman could be what decides this game. I’m sure freeman too but he hasn’t taken any snaps yet and actually think Coleman a better back to run against philly.

I’d expect it a defensive game, eagles havnt ran any of those rpo’s in preseason which i have to assume means there no way they as crisp as they were w them at end of last season or will be later on this one. Falcons should use Colman and passes to both backs to wear on philly d in a game I think throwing body punches will pay off in the 4th as neither teams conditioning top notch as of yet.

I’d have played atl at the good numbers but can’t see myself taking less than a fg on road. 1st half under has little appeal but again total has moved down quite a bit too, if it gets back up to 23 I’ll prob get down but only small, maybe something in second half??

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I feel like tevin Coleman could be what decides this game. I’m sure freeman too but he hasn’t taken any snaps yet and actually think Coleman a better back to run against philly.

I’d expect it a defensive game, eagles havnt ran any of those rpo’s in preseason which i have to assume means there no way they as crisp as they were w them at end of last season or will be later on this one. Falcons should use Colman and passes to both backs to wear on philly d in a game I think throwing body punches will pay off in the 4th as neither teams conditioning top notch as of yet.

I’d have played atl at the good numbers but can’t see myself taking less than a fg on road. 1st half under has little appeal but again total has moved down quite a bit too, if it gets back up to 23 I’ll prob get down but only small, maybe something in second half??
    They need both in this one. What makes Coleman so dangerous is that you gotta be 100% disciplined with your gap assignements. If you just look to pentrate upfield, he'll find those cutback lanes and pick up chunk yardage.

Yes, they showed nothing in the preseason and Foles looked super rusty as well. Still, I think he shows up under bright lights. It's what he does.
    As far as the play goes, I agree with the no bet on the spread. -2.5 seems just right. Maybe some value with the under. I don't think the Eagles can get much going on in the passing game. Without Jeffrey and Burton, I do believe that their receivers will struggle to separate from that secondary and that they will find more success in running the ball.
    Similar on the other side. It would be just stupid from Atlanta to get into the shootout and allow that DL to pin their ears back and get after QB. They'll run the ball and look for an oppening in play action.