19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

JJ
    When did you start wearing shoes?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    It's weird how Kap's never had a sitdown interview to talk about the issues.
    Well he did do a locker room interview once and that was when he started praising Fidel Castro. I'm guessing his PR people told him no more interviews after that.

I just don't see where Kaepernick has credibility now considering he's aligned himself with a company that made its fortune off the backs of sweatshops and practical slave labor overseas.

I guess it's "f the man" until they're willing to offer you a decent paycheck to sell out.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 09-03-18 at 11:55 PM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

They should take this dead horse out back and shoot it.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

I wouldn't expect anything less from an Oregon company.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MMXVII

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Agreed
    #justdont is something I can support

Also, thanks for the point
    Thanks for the nomination Packerd

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Agreed
    #justdont is something I can support

Also, thanks for the point
    Thanks for the nomination Packerd
    You made some good points mate.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    After watching this vid from 6 months ago, it is all starting to make sense.

0:51 "Everyone's starved for a quarterback right now..."

I definitely disagree with that statement. I would actually say almost the opposite; there are more good starting QB's right now then I can remember, and it isn't even close.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

The Olympics was a world wide sporting contest in another time. Long before the internet. For fukk sakes, you have council people kneeling now. Kids in their living room watching the game kneeling. It idiotic. Most haven't a clue. They are just desperate to be part of something.
    Some race baiting pig from BLM says so? Cops killing blacks? Please! Cops kill more Whites than other color. Where are the protests? LOL. Blacks killing blacks is huge problem but no one seems to care. Why? Because they rather push a false narrative. Race baiting and divisiveness grabs more attention from unhinged liberals and the MSM. They are allergic to facts. Allergic to reality.

It has everything to do with respect. Everything. Fans don't want to see these millionaire losers put themselves ahead of the game. They are there to escape politics and all the other shit in their lives and watch a game. If you can't wrap your head around that, then its hopeless.
    Ok I'll address all your issues. As far as other people kneeling, that's their right. In the living room it has no effect because no one is seeing it.

Just go to liveleak or youtube. Unarmed black men being gunned down , full clip, unarmed , sitting in their cars. It's pretty disturbing actually. Here's a guy telling cops he has a gun, not reaching for it, and being gunned down with a full clip point blank. There is a video inside and outside the car to prove this point. He's now charged with manslaughter, which is frankly generous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd7zW4aRlYE

I'm white as fakk and grew up in Eastern WA near a KKK complex and saw confederate flags everyday before I left. Haven't seen any in NJ/PA/NY though I'm sure they exist. It's pretty hillarious people have "southern pride" in N. Idaho and E. WA state.

Blacks killing blacks IS a huge problem and I agree 100% with that. They kill more of each other than anyone else and that's not even debatable. Chicago is a war zone right now. I don't debate that one bit.

I wouldn't call them losers, but they sit silently on the sidelines and protest respectfully. IF the networks didn't show them? No one notices or it's a non issue. It's their right that men and woman , including two of my family members, have died for. I can't imagine a more peaceful way to bring attention to an issue in our country quitely, calmly , respectfully.

They aren't putting themselves ahead of the game. This is pregame, during a ceremony that again, has noting to do with troops, and is paid and bought for by the Department of Defense to NFL teams. Hardly "patriotic" in my book.

If I owned a team, I would donate all that money to the wounded warriors or equivalent organization.

The irony is, do you know what 75% of fans are doing during the national anthem? (I have been to over a dozen NFL games in various stadiums). They are pissing, talking, getting beers/food, buying merch. It's a penetrating joke at their sudden outrage. Most don't even take off their hats even if they are in their seats.
    Last edited by thechaoz; 09-04-18 at 01:25 AM.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

link please

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Ok I'll address all your issues. As far as other people kneeling, that's their right. In the living room it has no effect because no one is seeing it.

Just go to liveleak or youtube. Unarmed black men being gunned down , full clip, unarmed , sitting in their cars. It's pretty disturbing actually. Here's a guy telling cops he has a gun, not reaching for it, and being gunned down with a full clip point blank. There is a video inside and outside the car to prove this point. He's now charged with manslaughter, which is frankly generous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd7zW4aRlYE

I'm white as fakk and grew up in Eastern WA near a KKK complex and saw confederate flags everyday before I left. Haven't seen any in NJ/PA/NY though I'm sure they exist. It's pretty hillarious people have "southern pride" in N. Idaho and E. WA state.

Blacks killing blacks IS a huge problem and I agree 100% with that. They kill more of each other than anyone else and that's not even debatable. Chicago is a war zone right now. I don't debate that one bit.

I wouldn't call them losers, but they sit silently on the sidelines and protest respectfully. IF the networks didn't show them? No one notices or it's a non issue. It's their right that men and woman , including two of my family members, have died for. I can't imagine a more peaceful way to bring attention to an issue in our country quitely, calmly , respectfully.

They aren't putting themselves ahead of the game. This is pregame, during a ceremony that again, has noting to do with troops, and is paid and bought for by the Department of Defense to NFL teams. Hardly "patriotic" in my book.

If I owned a team, I would donate all that money to the wounded warriors or equivalent organization.

The irony is, do you know what 75% of fans are doing during the national anthem? (I have been to over a dozen NFL games in various stadiums). They are pissing, talking, getting beers/food, buying merch. It's a penetrating joke at their sudden outrage. Most don't even take off their hats even if they are in their seats.
    "Unarmed black men being gunned down"?

"I'm white as fakk"?

"75% of fans"?

That post is cuckolicious

If you did any more virtue signaling you'd need a flare gun

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Way more whites get gunned down than blacks by cops

Numbers do not lie

Way more whites watch sports than backs not even close

Nike is getting destroyed all over the globe now, I think they realized they fukked up but too late

Get down on the ground when a cop tells you too regardless of color

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Hey guys you all can give me ya Nike stuff

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

nike just ensured that I will never, ever buy one of their over-priced chinese child labor-manufactured piece of shit products.....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Wearing Nike shoes right now. No I will not burn them

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wearing Nike shoes right now. No I will not burn them
    so long as you don't grow an afro like his, we'll grandfather the wearing of the shoes in.....

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

This is about as bad as when Rolling Stone put the Boston marathon bomber on its cover.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    so long as you don't grow an afro like his, we'll grandfather the wearing of the shoes in.....
    Oh trust me I'm heading towards baldness

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

My entire customer experience with the Nike brand consists of one pair of
    cheezy sneakers in the '70s when I was a child.

They have exploited poor Asian workers for decades, the markup on their products
    is enormous. Crap company, and really stupid move here.

Kaepernick is a bum who doesn't even play.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8451

DwightShrute

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Lol, now this is good shit.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Does Nike still have kids in sweat shops making their shoes?
    Yup. Same as the shitty products our president and his family sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    $15 sneakers feel the same as $300 sneakers
    The words of someone who can’t afford anything more than Payless 2nds. If you spend $300 on a pair of sneakers you are an idiot. Throwback jordan 3 and 11 run 200 tops and that is my limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    This could really backfire think of the colleges they sponsor (public funded), and high schools, etc

Wouldn't be surprised if education institutions begin to distance themselves
    Unless adidas or under armor can get in, this scenario is highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    I too believe...

I believe I’m done buying Nike products.
    I don't know how old you are but Nike knows their market and it isn’t adults over 35.
    The guy such a loser with a body like him but extreme liberals and black panthers
    ????????

My understanding is Nike has been sponsoring him since he left SF. They just finalized the campaign recently.

The only issue I have with kap is the timing he chose to begin his protest. Had he done it when he was the starter and the team was winning it would have brought actual meaningful progress on the issues he wanted addressed. By doing it as primarily the backup qb it became a distraction.

The owners have clearly given the nod to each other about not signing kap. There is no way anyone with eyes can say a guy like Tom savage, Brandon weeden or Brock osweiler are a better option to fill in over kap. They should just say “we don’t want you because your views are not in alignment with ours and it is our right to hire who we feel is best for organization.” Nothing wrong with that imo. To say that isn’t the case is crazy.

As bad as it ended in SF a lot of the blame got misplaced on Kap. The OL went to shit after the back to back nfc conference championships and zero deep threat. Plus Harbaugh tends to overstay his welcome after 3-4 seasons.

Nike made a calculated decision here and it will not hurt them. Trump will vent but his fans aren’t Nike’s target demographic.

jjgold

Nike now anti cop and anti american

Wow

American is up in arms

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    This is about as bad as when Rolling Stone put the Boston marathon bomber on its cover.
    Man, you guys are dramatic.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Nike now anti cop and anti american

Wow

American is up in arms
    Just like you are anti-education, anti-dental hygiene, anti-pussy etc....What is your point?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Burn it all... Nike enjoy losing business and pissing away millions of loyal customers over this stupid move.

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

DwightShrute

He sacrificed everything

Kaeperdick sacrificed nothing

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Why burn clothes when people are dying for clothes?? Donate to homeless!!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Why burn clothes when people are dying for clothes?? Donate to homeless!!!!
    Mindful post...

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Just like you are anti-education, anti-dental hygiene, anti-pussy etc....What is your point?
    gritter nobody cares about ghetto trash getting popped by police that do not listen to authority
    way more innocent whites get killed than blacks

blacks lives matter the silliest platform in the world , it really means criminal lives matter

This whole issue playing right into Trumps hands and I love it

TRUMP 2020

USA!!!!!!!!!

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

The big picture is capitalism needs something new to influence. The can already buy elections and lobby to get what they need. Now they big business is trying to control social issues for influence in the marketplace.

Nike's market share has been declining in the US but is being offset by a rise in other markets. This isn't about if they lose money in the US. They already have declining sales. Other countries aren't going to care one bit about some american football players. This is a long term play for capitalism gain influence in the social issue sphere because it already controls everything else.

First 123456 ... Last