Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

Football Season 2018... Holy Pigskin, Batman. Let's Talk Football. Fun Times!!!

You go first, I got nuthin.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

The season is closing in fast huh Eddy?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

By the way are you a fan of the movie Edward Scissorhands or is that just an avatar you have for fun?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

AAF in 2019 and XFL in 2020! Can't wait

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

2 team parlay Dallas To Win Super Bowl and Oklahoma to Win BCS.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Has it really come down to this in here? 5 posts, 3 by mods.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Giants over 6.5 wins

Chargers to win division

Chargers to win superbowl @+3200

Only expect the first 2 to cash, plan to hedge if rivers and company get by the first round

Curious to see how Reid and Mahomes do this yr, I'm thinking they come out guns blazing

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Has it really come down to this in here? 5 posts, 3 by mods.
    they are getting better at not censoring posts and giving infractions/bans

i think it will pick back up SOON

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    By the way are you a fan of the movie Edward Scissorhands or is that just an avatar you have for fun?
    I do like the movie, yes.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Giants over 6.5 wins

Chargers to win division

Chargers to win superbowl @+3200

Only expect the first 2 to cash, plan to hedge if rivers and company get by the first round

Curious to see how Reid and Mahomes do this yr, I'm thinking they come out guns blazing
    I agree Giants over 6.5 wins. I think they have a nice bounce back year. In the same division I think Cowboys similarly experience a trend in the opposite direction and slip a bit. Under 8.5 wins seems like very good value to me.

I also think the Chargers will be the cream of the AFC West crop although I wish Hunter Henry hadn't torn his ACL; that definitely is a blow to the offense.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

Way too early

Eddy Munny

I also like Michigan as a sneaky pick to win the B1G conference. Their defense is going to be lights out this year and hopefully Shea Patterson can stabilize the quarterback position for the Wolverine offense because I do think they have talent at the skill positions. They play Sparty and Ohio State on the road but catch Wisky and Penn State at the Big House.

We'll know a lot about this team after the first game when they play @ Notre Dame. I'll be laying the two points (as of now) and taking Michigan in that game for certain.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

You back on the Will Grier for heisman train, eddy?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    You back on the Will Grier for heisman train, eddy?
    Lol, you remembered that huh? Nice. Well last year I had him as sort of a darkhorse but now he's squarely on the map and rightfully so because he returns his stud receivers as well as most of his offensive line, and now has a year under his belt in the Holgorsen offense.

But so often the Heisman winner hails from a team in the national conversation so West Virginia is going to have to gather up some wins to keep Willy G in the spotlight and that may boil down to whether or not the suspect Mountaineer defense can stop a nose bleed. But Grier should be a weekly stat machine.

survive
    and advance

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Lol, you remembered that huh? Nice. Well last year I had him as sort of a darkhorse but now he's squarely on the map and rightfully so because he returns his stud receivers as well as most of his offensive line, and now has a year under his belt in the Holgorsen offense.

But so often the Heisman winner hails from a team in the national conversation so West Virginia is going to have to gather up some wins to keep Willy G in the spotlight and that may boil down to whether or not the suspect Mountaineer defense can stop a nose bleed. But Grier should be a weekly stat machine.
    I only remember because you had solid reasoning behind it. But yeah I think he’s being slept on, like you said he’s going to put up video game numbers on a mediocre team. As for Michigan, I want nothing to do with any big ten east futures. Michigan will have a top 3 defense but until harbaugh proves he can beat osu and Sparty I’m out

Eddy Munny

I only remember because you had solid reasoning behind it. But yeah I think he’s being slept on, like you said he’s going to put up video game numbers on a mediocre team. As for Michigan, I want nothing to do with any big ten east futures. Michigan will have a top 3 defense but until harbaugh proves he can beat osu and Sparty I’m out
    Understandable. I'm not a huge futures bettor myself, mainly because I lack the patience to have my money tied up for an entire season. But the Michigan O/U is 8.5 so they could theoretically lose to Sparty and the Buckeyes, and still have a one game margin for error to get to nine wins if you find that more appealing than "to win conference."

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sorry to disagree Eddy, but I like Michigan Under 8.5 wins. Games at Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Ohio State, plus home games against Wisconsin and Penn State are all potential losses. They lose 3 of their starters on the D-line. Their offense is just terrible. Harbaugh is a very poor coach no matter what people may think. What has he done at Michigan except to disappoint year after year? Harbaugh's team is on a 3 game losing streak. A loss at Notre Dame and a 6-3 record against their Big 10 Conference foes gives them 4 loss, something much more likely to happen than any other combination.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Sorry to disagree Eddy, but I like Michigan Under 8.5 wins. Games at Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Ohio State, plus home games against Wisconsin and Penn State are all potential losses. They lose 3 of their starters on the D-line. Their offense is just terrible. Harbaugh is a very poor coach no matter what people may think. What has he done at Michigan except to disappoint year after year? Harbaugh's team is on a 3 game losing streak. A loss at Notre Dame and a 6-3 record against their Big 10 Conference foes gives them 4 loss, something much more likely to happen than any other combination.
    Jimmy coaching for his job- Michigan will have a good year

Eddy Munny

Naw, this defense is stacked. They return their two DE's and while the interior will feature two new starters, they are high caliber players. Devin Bush is a playmaker extraordinaire at LB and their second secondary is lockdown.

Yes, the offense was putrid last year but the good news is it can't get any worse. And even with all that being said they still managed to win eight games last year. If the offensive line can make any progress whatsoever, I think the offense as a whole is poised to take a major leap forward with Patterson taking snaps and a healthy Tarik Black at WR to pair up with Donovan Peoples-Jones.

This might be Harbaugh's best opportunity to pull a rabbit out of his hat or else he'll really start to feel the heat.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

Seahawks under 8 wins

Falcons to win division

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Way too early
    Disagree. Camps open in just a few weeks.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

nothin yet

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Patriots to not make the playoffs

Giants over 6 1/2

Giants to win SB
    Vikings to win SB

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too early

Losers that are broke talk football

jess01135
    jess01135's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Too early

Losers that are broke talk football
    Losers that are broke talk football? Are you being serious? Maybe there are football only players, or people that actually research and want to be prepared for the season. I play baseball and tennis and still research football and I am certainly not broke. Again, newer here, not sure if you're being serious.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

football where many make money here

survive
    and advance

Quote Originally Posted by jess01135 View Post
    Losers that are broke talk football? Are you being serious? Maybe there are football only players, or people that actually research and want to be prepared for the season. I play baseball and tennis and still research football and I am certainly not broke. Again, newer here, not sure if you're being serious.
    Assuming you’re not a ghost, jj is a sbr account. The people running the account get paid to post whatever low effort, useless drivel to keep up traffic

jess01135
    jess01135's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Assuming you’re not a ghost, jj is a sbr account. The people running the account get paid to post whatever low effort, useless drivel to keep up traffic
    Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense now.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I agree Giants over 6.5 wins. I think they have a nice bounce back year. In the same division I think Cowboys similarly experience a trend in the opposite direction and slip a bit. Under 8.5 wins seems like very good value to me.

I also think the Chargers will be the cream of the AFC West crop although I wish Hunter Henry hadn't torn his ACL; that definitely is a blow to the offense.
    Hunter Henry would've been a top 5 statistical tight end no doubt. Rivers is good enough to disperse that production for fantasy bumps in Melvin Gordon (ppr) and Keenan Allen. Mike Williams may finally be relevant this season

After yesterday's disturbing news on Mccoy, buffalo under 6.5 wins is now a play for me

survive
    and advance

Man, doing more research as we get closer to kickoff...big ten east is the strongest division in some time for me. Top four is absurdly loaded

survive
    and advance

Bills under 6.5 wins is on my radar. Line is off on my book, assuming because of the McCoy situation, but whether he gets suspended or not this roster might be bottom 2-3 in the league in terms of talent imo

Eddy Munny

Bills under 6.5 wins is on my radar. Line is off on my book, assuming because of the McCoy situation, but whether he gets suspended or not this roster might be bottom 2-3 in the league in terms of talent imo
    Yeah, it's difficult seeing Buffalo do much of anything this year. They do play a combined four games against the Dolphins and Jets though, so they could mine a couple dubyas right there in their division.

survive
    and advance

Yeah, it's difficult seeing Buffalo do much of anything this year. They do play a combined four games against the Dolphins and Jets though, so they could mine a couple dubyas right there in their division.
    No question, that’s my only concern as well(although I think both teams improved a bit over the offseason). That being said buffalo was such a fluke team last year based on a variety of indicators, they’re due for natural regression. On top of that they lost a decent qb who helped open up their run game and lost three quality offensive linemen.

Thoughts on Nebraska under 6.5 wins?

Eddy Munny

Thoughts on Nebraska under 6.5 wins?
    I think Under that number is the way to go. There are too many question marks on this Nebraska team and I don't think Frost inherited a cupboard full of talent.

In my opinion there is very little possibility this Husker team pulls off a gargantuan upset @ Michigan, @ Wisconsin, @ Ohio State, or against Michigan State, although the Sparty game represents their best chance to do so, considering it's very late in the season and in Lincoln. But if we count those as losses right off the top, then a best case scenario is 8-4.

However games against Colorado, Purdue, @ Northwestern, and @ Iowa are swing games and I see the Huskers getting no better than a split, which would already drop them to 6-6 and cashing the Under 6.5 games.

Now that being said, the remainder of the slate includes home games against Akron, Troy, Minnesota, and Illinois... all games that Nebraska should win but I don't think it would shock the world if they dropped one of those. So you have those as bonus games that you hope you don't need Neb to lose, but they are there just in case.

In summation, I think the number is fairly sharp but I see the edge with Under. That extra half game on the 6 is what really sells me. That may provide the value in the end.