Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2057

Bucs/Rams Discuss Deal

The Bucs and Rams have reportedly explored a deal that would send the No. 3 overall pick, a third-round pick, and QB Josh Johnson to St. Louis for the first overall selection.
    The Bucs would then draft Ndamukong Suh with the No. 1 pick. According to Scout.com, the Rams compare Johnson to Michael Vick athletically, and they believe he has even more upside as a passer. While Johnson is an intriguing developmental QB, he's not close to being ready to start at the NFL level. The proposed deal makes sense for the Bucs, but it wouldn't solve the Rams' quarterback dilemma for 2010. Feb. 20 - 2:39 pm et
    Source: Scout.com

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Interesting. I guess the Bucs want to go back to their old ways of winning games. Low scoring, and defense dependent.

1UP
    1UP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Hate this move for the Rams. They have a lot of potential to turn that defense around quickly with this draft class and FA's on the market. I'd have Suh in my plans.

Z_Wipf
    Z_Wipf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

Bad deal for the Rams. They are on the verge of being a decent team and with Suh and a good quarterback this team would be completely turned around.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

if they dont trade down, they'll get chad pennington

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting move here. Wonder if the Rams would take a QB at 3 if this trade went down? I do like that Johnson kid though. He got to start against my Redskins, very athletic kid. Not a great passer though

Z_Wipf

running quarterbacks dont win playoff games

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Wipf View Post
    running quarterbacks dont win playoff games
    Rams? Playoffs? Playoffs?!

This move is probably good for both teams. I think the Rams are a lot further away than anyone wants to admit. They could probably use the extra pick and QB depth more than the Bucs who are fewer pieces away from being competitive.

Z_Wipf

I really dont think the Rams are far away from being good

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Who would to trade up for the #1 pick anymore these days just to pay all that money even if there is an uncapped year. The Rams should take a QB with there pick. They would be a decent team compared to the last 5 years if they just had a QB.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

This trade wont happen. Johnson is the best qb tampas had since dilfer (maybe garcia). It doesnt make much sense for either team. Tampa has a good young qb and stl needs defense bad!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by scarp View Post
    Who would to trade up for the #1 pick anymore these days just to pay all that money even if there is an uncapped year. The Rams should take a QB with there pick. They would be a decent team compared to the last 5 years if they just had a QB.
    Rams need help on O-line and WRs. No QB is going to do much on that team until then.