VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

"Jets chairman Christopher Johnson says he'll pay any anthem-related fines for Jets players"

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    We haven't seen the players reponse yet. What happens if ALL players kneel on first game of the season? Will they cancel Week 2? Don't underestimate the players response. Without players there is no NFL.
    The NBA doesn't do it. Neither does MLB and the NHL. It's called class and respect for the fans. The fans are booing when they kneel. They boo their own team as well.

The NFL has been plagued over the years with nasty people. We have all seen the stories. Nothing close to any other league.

Just because some idiot decided to kneel a couple years ago and a few others decided to supports this race baiting dumbass, doesn't mean its a good thing.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It's a show of respect and unity.. Many American people love this Country and are patriotic. Maybe some have relatives that fought and or even died fighting for this Country.. NFL is an American sport, many NFL American fans are patriotic, many active US soldiers watch the NFL every Sunday as past time also.. They don't wanna see players kneeling during the Anthem. Paying fans also going to the games don't wanna see players kneeling during the Anthem..
    Why is it something they've only recently done then? No one complained when they stayed in the locker rooms up to 10 years ago.

So if a player on both sides takes a knee, do the penalties offset?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    "Jets chairman Christopher Johnson says he'll pay any anthem-related fines for Jets players"
    I don't recall any Jets players kneeling. He's probably just saying this to make the players feel good. It's kind of reverse psychology.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't recall any Jets players kneeling. He's probably just saying this to make the players feel good. It's kind of reverse psychology.
    Maybe, just maybe he believes in free speech...

Forcing anyone to stand is UNConstitutional by the nature of the law. I may not agree with someone but I will fight to the death their right to disagree. Unfortunately, this country is becoming more and more a country of Lemmings, people that can't choose for themselves and must conform to the masses like mainland China.

The majority of people that were triggered by the kneeling were people who never, ever served in our military.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Forcing anyone to stand is UNConstitutional by the nature of the law. I may not agree with someone but I will fight to the death their right to disagree. Unfortunately, this country is becoming more and more a country of Lemmings, people that can't choose for themselves and must conform to the masses like mainland China.

The majority of people that were triggered by the kneeling were people who never, ever served in our military.
    no one is forcing anyone to stand are they? They can stay in the locker room if they don't want to stand. Do cartwheels. Post on SBR. Whatever. Nothing to do with free speech.

Doesn't a business have the right set certain rules? The fans obviously don't like the player's protesting at the game. The loud boos and declined ratings is all you need to know.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

What about the rights of the fans that don't want to hear the anthem? I'm tired of hearing it at every sporting event. Just play the fukking game already.
    Baseball we have to stand twice for some reason.

I'm usually to loaded to stand for the second one.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfls-la...211804504.html

NFL threw money at anthem problem, but new policy will lead to more contempt from players

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    The NBA doesn't do it. Neither does MLB and the NHL. It's called class and respect for the fans. The fans are booing when they kneel. They boo their own team as well.

The NFL has been plagued over the years with nasty people. We have all seen the stories. Nothing close to any other league.

Just because some idiot decided to kneel a couple years ago and a few others decided to supports this race baiting dumbass, doesn't mean its a good thing.
    My point was that if you don't complain about it will die on its own. By penalizing it now you invite more people to contempt.

What would you think would have happened if Trump said back then it's OK to kneel? They would have stopped doing it the next weekend because otherwise they would have agreed with someone they don't like.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Do we take whatever we are handed? Most do I don't! I hope players stand for their rights not the anthem.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Who was president when kap kneeled?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

ok, so it says they have to stand
    who's gonna stand on one leg?

DwightShrute

My point was that if you don't complain about it will die on its own. By penalizing it now you invite more people to contempt.

What would you think would have happened if Trump said back then it's OK to kneel? They would have stopped doing it the next weekend because otherwise they would have agreed with someone they don't like.
    If you don't stop it now, it will fester to an even biggest sideshow. It's an embarrassment already. Fans are booing these idiots. These race baiters. The game and the fans are more important than a handful of idiots protesting. No one wants to see it.

On Sundays, I want to watch football stuff not a bunch of millionaires dividing the country.

Why would Trump say its ok to Kneel? Bad hypothetical.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Who was president when kap kneeled?

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

If you don't stop it now, it will fester to an even biggest sideshow. It's an embarrassment already. Fans are booing these idiots. These race baiters. The game and the fans are more important than a handful of idiots protesting. No one wants to see it.

On Sundays, I want to watch football stuff not a bunch of millionaires dividing the country.

Man stfu the the entire thing was dying down and people stopped caring but your dumb ass president felt the need to open his mouth and blow the entire thing up again, and you sheep ate it like all the other garbage he spews out so here we are

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

It's what worked for North Korea. He was bluffing them with total destruction when all he wanted was to bring peace. It's the art of the deal. You don't show your hand to your enemy. So if he came out and said it's OK to kneel the players wouldn't know what to do and they would have stopped kneeling.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Man stfu the the entire thing was dying down and people stopped caring but your dumb ass president felt the need to open his mouth and blow the entire thing up again, and you sheep ate it like all the other garbage he spews out so here we are
    Kaepershit knew there was a pussy in the white house (Obama) and he also knew his msm ball lickers wouldn't have to balls to criticized this whole protest in support of the terrorist BLM. See, you can't do it because he's black. That will make you a racist.

Can you imagine if a white player decided to kneel for the KKK or White Lives Matter? Imagine if he wore socks of blacks and monkeys? There is enough of this disgusting shit on the internet and CNN 24/7.

No one wants to see it at game. Protest all you want but do it on your own time.

Obama could have nipped it but he wanted to transform the USA remember. Dividing the people is one way.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 05-23-18 at 06:41 PM.

DwightShrute

It's what worked for North Korea. He was bluffing them with total destruction when all he wanted was to bring peace. It's the art of the deal. You don't show your hand to your enemy. So if he came out and said it's OK to kneel the players wouldn't know what to do and they would have stopped kneeling.
    So I understand correctly ... you are attempting to compare North Korea and protesting at a sporting event?\

Who says Trump was bluffing? You? I think he was serious and that's why Kim is doing what he's doing.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Trump is bluffing a lot. Remember the China tariffs? He backed down now after getting concessions. It's how he works. I am surprised you don't understand how Trump operates by now.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Tiki torching inbreds loving this.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

The players are employees of the owners, yet they always seem to forget that little thing. They not only now have the choice to stand or stay in the locker room, they can always quit their jobs if they are so unhappy with their employers rules. I’m sure everyone here who has ever had a job has had to do things at their job they didn’t like and I’m also sure a lot of us quit those jobs and found another job we felt more comfortable with. There really is no difference other than the $ amount the players make

later

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Kaepershit knew there was a pussy in the white house (Obama) and he also knew his msm ball lickers wouldn't have to balls to criticized this whole protest in support of the terrorist BLM. See, you can't do it because he's black. That will make you a racist. Can you imagine if a white player decided to kneel for the KKK or White Lives Matter? Imagine if he wore socks of blacks and monkeys? There is enough of this disgusting shit on the internet and CNN 24/7. No one wants to see it at game. Protest all you want but do it on your own time.

Obama could have nipped it but he wanted to transform the USA remember. Dividing the people is one way.
    Yea....im not even gonna bother responding to all that crap, you sound one of those russian bots/trolls on social media news sites

DwightShrute

Trump is bluffing a lot. Remember the China tariffs? He backed down now after getting concessions. It's how he works. I am surprised you don't understand how Trump operates by now.
    I do actually. You don't its obvious.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Yea....im not even gonna bother responding to all that crap, you sound one of those russian bots/trolls on social media news sites
    and yet you just did.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Your right to free speech goes out the window when you are clocked in or on duty representing a company or organization. This is especially true if your speech or actions are in direct conflict with the morals, goals and policy of the company or organization. There is no problem with protesting when it's done on your own time and dime and then it is constitutionally protected.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Your right to free speech goes out the window when you are clocked in or on duty representing a company or organization. This is especially true if your speech or actions are in direct conflict with the morals, goals and policy of the company or organization. There is no problem with protesting when it's done on your own time and dime and then it is constitutionally protected.
    100% correct

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The Trump effect.....
    fuk trump

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    fuk trump

Kermit

Could be.

If I were the owner's brother and wanted to let the players know that I had their back, I would say the same thing, because I know that if I had their respect, they probably wouldn't do what I am telling them that I would back them for.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    ok, so it says they have to stand
    who's gonna stand on one leg?
    They could always stand and turn their back to the flag.

My dad said that when he does a Lionel train show in Jersey, there is a Arab man and his wife(who are also dealers) that turn their back to the flag when the anthem plays.

Don't ask me why they play the anthem at the start of a toy train show.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

What about the rights of the fans that don't want to hear the anthem? I'm tired of hearing it at every sporting event. Just play the fukking game already.
    You sir, are a complete fukkin mutt.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18977

During the anthem I hope the QBs throw passes while the WRs run routes, the defense can practise alignments, or everyone could do warm-up exercises. It would be amusing to see the NFL try to justify fines for employees 'working' during a song about freedom.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

I can't believe we have come to a point where the NFL has to have a policy for the National Anthem.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    I can't believe we have come to a point where the NFL has to have a policy for the National Anthem.
    sad isn't it

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

First 12345 ... Last