titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Darnold will be a bust. Try and convince me otherwise

Almost leading the NCAAF in INTs (against trash PAC defenses). Another USC bust - scouts delusional in their echo chamber.
    Compare Mayfield's stats to Darnold's.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

u draft a qb that looks like him wut can go wrong

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Lol Jesus Christ dude. You just either don't watch the games, or you don't understand what you're seeing. He is the greatest quarterback prospect of all time. Yes, of all time. He is not only ready to play now, but will improve infinitely throughout his career. He is the new Brady/Rodgers/Manning.

The main reason for this is his ability to throw on the run. Standing in the pocket is a dead art in the sport of football. Darnold has a rare and elite ability to throw perfect passes on the run, while also having the size and arm strength that most roll-out quarterbacks do not possess.

Here is a perfect example. This is Rodgers/Brees/Wilson stuff, but none of them were doing anything close to this in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64cQDVcb7CQ

You're going to look like a moron in two years when he's already an elite QB, and even dumber in 10 years when he's considered the best player in the NFL.

chargers4222

Notice how he leads the receiver down the field in that example I just posted. 99.9% of quarterbacks on any level would throw a dart to the sidelines and force the receiver to go out of bounds. He has the presence of mind to trust his athletes and allow them to stretch the field vertically without throwing Hail Mary bombs.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Charger. You have a MAJOR homer problem. It is obvious that you do not know jack didily poop about college football. Anyone who is dumb enough to think that Darnold and Rosen are the two best QB's in this draft should be banned from this site. The two Oklahoma QB's (Mayfield and Rudolph from OU and Okie State) will have more success overall than the two Los Angeles QB's.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Charger. You have a MAJOR homer problem. It is obvious that you do not know jack didily poop about college football. Anyone who is dumb enough to think that Darnold and Rosen are the two best QB's in this draft should be banned from this site. The two Oklahoma QB's (Mayfield and Rudolph from OU and Okie State) will have more success overall than the two Los Angeles QB's.
    Bigdaddy, brother, I respect the heck outta you, but these are not homer evaluations -- these are my objective opinions, and I believe I am right.

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Chargers - if your goldenboy Darnold is so good..why is he near the top for INTs? There's hundreds and hundreds of QBs playing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ualified/false

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    Chargers - if your goldenboy Darnold is so good..why is he near the top for INTs? There's hundreds and hundreds of QBs playing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ualified/false
    Sam Darnold had 22 combined interceptions in his two full years as a starter with 846 pass attempts. That's 38.5 pass attempts per interception.

In Peyton Manning's final two years as a starter, he had 23 interceptions with 857 pass attempts. That's 37.3 pass attempts per interception.

Sam Darnold threw less interceptions per pass attempt than Peyton Manning, who was glorified as the greatest college quarterback prospect of all time and went on to be a top 5 player of all time. But I guess you wouldn't have drafted him either. Too many interceptions.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Wish we didn't have to give up those 2nd rounders because Arizona gave up crap for rosen. Darnold looks like the real deal. His pro day kicked ass in the rain. Go watch it on you tube if you haven't. LOVE THE PICK!!! JETS!!!!!!

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Wish we didn't have to give up those 2nd rounders because Arizona gave up crap for rosen. Darnold looks like the real deal. His pro day kicked ass in the rain. Go watch it on you tube if you haven't. LOVE THE PICK!!! JETS!!!!!!

Mike75
    Mike75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    Almost leading the NCAAF in INTs (against trash PAC defenses). Another USC bust - scouts delusional in their echo chamber.
    Compare Mayfield's stats to Darnold's.

If there is any QB you are trying to convince is a bust then that QB would be Josh Allen.

Any time a QB leaves college and is drafted as a first rounder one of the main bad signs is accuracy concerns. Many things a QB can fix but one of the hardest is accuracy. Allen had an accuracy percentage of 56%

The reason i am stating this is because its one of the main signs of whether or not a QB will succeed in the NFL.

There was another QB and unfortunately he was drafted by my favorite team with a career college accuracy percentage of 56% he was a major bust his name was Jake Locker.

In fact in 2 of Locker's last games the last year he played in 2014 he ended up having the same stats 2 games in a row 17 of 35 passes completed vs Dallas and Cincinnati and the percentage was 48% he was so bad that during the game former NFL QB and TV analyst Troy Aikman said all NFL QB's should complete the passes Locker was throwing but he wasn't completing them. That was Locker's last year playing.

Beware of QB Josh Allen Buffalo fans and hope for McCarron to do his best because Allen IMHO is a BUST.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Bigdaddy, brother, I respect the heck outta you, but these are not homer evaluations -- these are my objective opinions, and I believe I am right.
    If you knew anything about Pro Football at all, then you would know that it will take 3-5 years for any of these QB's to prove anything, one way or another. This was a rather poor QB class to begin with. At best, you may get a good starting QB or two out of it, but certainly no superstar.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Sam Darnold had 22 combined interceptions in his two full years as a starter with 846 pass attempts. That's 38.5 pass attempts per interception.

In Peyton Manning's final two years as a starter, he had 23 interceptions with 857 pass attempts. That's 37.3 pass attempts per interception.

Sam Darnold threw less interceptions per pass attempt than Peyton Manning, who was glorified as the greatest college quarterback prospect of all time and went on to be a top 5 player of all time. But I guess you wouldn't have drafted him either. Too many interceptions.
    Let's see if he can turn the interceptions down. Jameis Winston had the same problem.
    Last edited by The J-Dizzle; 05-30-18 at 07:11 AM.