BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18949

Vikings and Keenum?

I just don't understand why they did not make an effort to keep the chemistry the same? Keenum fit their offense well with the dink and dunk style. I hope Denver uses him that way. Timing patterns - the guy was accurate and on time.

Cousins is a downfield guy and the Vikings do not have that kind of wide receiver - maybe Diggs if there were a couple more speed burners that could catch but I don't think their line could block that long. The Vikings have never been able to dominate at both run blocking and pass blocking.

They might not even get Cousins - maybe, they are just tight and do not want to spend any money and are hoping they can get TB and Bradford to sign for low money?

Being they screwed up the QB situation so bad - maybe, they could keep the rest of the chemistry together? Keenum comes in and plays his butt off and they do not know if he can do it again? Duh, he finally found a good fit. The only reason he could not have another good year is the Vikes lost their OC and the new guy will reinvent the wheel!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He was built for that offense. Not sure that Cousins would be all that much better. Definitely not for the money. Just need a guy who can get rid of the ball quickly, accurately, and make the right reads. Not asking for a gun slinger that can hit deep shots. Will be interesting to see where they go if they can’t get Kirk.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Has it been finalized that Denver signed Case?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post

Cousins is a downfield guy and the Vikings do not have that kind of wide receiver - maybe Diggs if there were a couple more speed burners that could catch but I don't think their line could block that long. The Vikings have never been able to dominate at both run blocking and pass blocking.
    Cousins was dumping alot of passes to the backs and tight ends. I think that is where the bulk of his yards came from last year. If they didn't have so many critical injuries on offense and if Pryor didn't turn out to be the bust that he was, the Skins could have made the playoffs. Granted, their defense sucked too.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Has it been finalized that Denver signed Case?
    Not yet. Seems it will be unless something drastic happens.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cousins loses no matter why he has

Throws too many bad passes

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Case played very well for 2/3 of the season.

His last 7 quarters, however, were a disaster. And it became clear that we could not beat quality teams with him.

Minn needs a QB to hold the position for 3 or 4 years during this window. Case was the 4th best QB in the division....not good enough.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18949

As far as QBR - Keenum was second in the NFL to Wentz. I agree that a healthy Aaron Rodgers would have got the Vikes to the Super Bowl. I am not so sure on Stanford and I am positive Trubisky would not have been any where close on the QBR.

Cousins was 15th on the QBR. If he had played for the Vikes last year - what would his rating have been-would the Vikings have gained home field and beat the Eagles?

I guess I have nothing against Cousins but question whether he could win more games at QB?