MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Mike Vrabel & Matt Patricia(and McDaniels) are terrible hires

Since Vrabel was hired by the Titans, Texans fans are very excited that Romeo Crennel is moving back to defensive coordinator. Does that inspire confidence? Or that terrible defense, that took a step back once Vrabel took over coordinator duties from Crennel last season? Then you wonder why Vrabel was even hired... Apparently his interviews were impressive.

Then you have Patricia, who was credited for turning around that awful Patriots defense. Only problem is that he turned around his own awful Patriots defense. That's like saying I'm a genius doctor for botching heart surgery then doing just enough to prevent the death of the patient. Then the fact he is part of the Belicheck coaching tree, give me a break. Romeo Crennel never had much success as a head coach and his defenses make Patricia's look like JV Varsity. Then the way these teams hire playoff coaches before the playoffs are even over. Couldn't the Titans of just waited to see Patricia make an arse out of himself in the SuperBowl before corronating him their head coach?

Every single year, there are two of these nonsense hires; the guy everyone likes and the guy who was on the coaching staff of a great coach. I guess there's two of the latter if we count McDaniels.

You could literally grab some hobo off the streets to name Patriots' offensive coordinator and Brady would still put up 30+ touchdowns a year etcetera. Or f it, an ant. Or a jar of peanut butter. Should the jar of peanut butter be head coach of the Colts?

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6139

The jar of peanut butter just got fired as Colts head coach. I don't think they're going to go that route again.........

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I thought this was a pretty good read until the last sentences. Brady is what he is thanks to the coaching staff. Why do you think Kraft wanted McDaniels back so hard? McDaniels is one of the very best coordinators and he gave Brady wide open receivers all day long in that Super Bowl.

BUT, just because you're a great coordinator doesn't mean you're a good head coach.

MoonPond

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    I thought this was a pretty good read until the last sentences. Brady is what he is thanks to the coaching staff. Why do you think Kraft wanted McDaniels back so hard? McDaniels is one of the very best coordinators and he gave Brady wide open receivers all day long in that Super Bowl.

BUT, just because you're a great coordinator doesn't mean you're a good head coach.
    A rebuttal of sorts: It is pretty difficult to evaluate your coaching staff when your quarterback is that good. One might say Brady is just "great", another may say Brady is the best of all time. Either way, it's harder to tell how good or bad his offensive coordinators were.

One thing I know for certain is that this makes McCarthy pretty suspect; one Superbowl win with Aaron Rodgers and a plethora of playoff disappointments.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Hey Moon Bat, good thing you don't own a team.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Or, maybe you do, the Browns.

MoonPond

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Hey Moon Bat, good thing you don't own a team.
    Oh I think I'm smart enough to own a team. I'll just hire a playoff coach without waiting until the playoffs end.

41 with Nick Foles or 33 with Brady, hmmm.. I wonder which offensive coordinator is better. The Colts Lucked out.

MoonPond

Called it?