ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

I've never been less excited about an upcoming Super Bowl

A few things in play:

1) I can't get excited about the betting angle. Game line is sharp as a tack. Props can't possibly be as beatable as they once were. Been run thru the ringer...most #s are now dead-on.

2) This is going to be the Super Bowl matchup that SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Wentz vs Brady would have been great theatre, a passing of the torch (if u will). Foles vs Brady bores me to no end.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Chucky...Enjoy the game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chucky if you want out of the game let me know

This site for tough guys that gamble

Thank you Chucky

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

I think the line should be Patriots -7. (personally, I think they'll win by 14-28 points)

Brady is too good against the blitz. The best way to beat him is to remain in coverage and get pressure with just 4 linemen. The Eagles have a defense that can do that, Chris Long in particular. Jim Schwartz is a more talented coordinator than is McDaniels.

But historically, Brady has been very consistent in the SuperBowl. Their offense will score points. Foles is a very risky play, his team hosted Atlanta and barely beat them, then hosted a Vikings team that played flat coming off a miracle win. Without the flukey pick-6 play on Keenum down 7-0 I doubt the Eagles win that.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Bet 'tails' on coin flip

win or lose... turn gm off

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I'm more excited about the chip dip at whatever party than the game this yr

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Bet 'tails' on coin flip

I heard the coin is weighted for heads. Can’t lose bet!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I agree chucky. Let’s meet at sugar house and play some poker. No way this game is remotely competitive

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Chucky, I think you need some strippers for the superbowl.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Even though Foles is adequate enough to get the job done, I feel the same.

Just not as exciting as it could have been.

But hey, we still get to bet on it!

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPond View Post
    I think the line should be Patriots -7. (personally, I think they'll win by 14-28 points)

Brady is too good against the blitz. The best way to beat him is to remain in coverage and get pressure with just 4 linemen. The Eagles have a defense that can do that, Chris Long in particular. Jim Schwartz is a more talented coordinator than is McDaniels.

But historically, Brady has been very consistent in the SuperBowl. Their offense will score points. Foles is a very risky play, his team hosted Atlanta and barely beat them, then hosted a Vikings team that played flat coming off a miracle win. Without the flukey pick-6 play on Keenum down 7-0 I doubt the Eagles win that.
    Looks as if you're only looking at one side of the story? What about the latest win--when it counts?
    Wiped the Viking's completely out of sight.
    The only other bad loss for the Vike's was way back in Sept., to the Steeler's, 26/9. The other two loses prior to Philly were close.
    Philly is primed and confident, exactly when and where they should be at their finest. Beware.

* Is Gronk 100% healed and ready?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    * Is Gronk 100% healed and ready?
    The question is will he be able to pass concussion protocol & be able to play? (My guess is yes)

If he gets cleared, he’ll be 100%. Concussion won’t affect his playing ability one bit.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

I agree 100%, zero invested

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Just another game.... but the SB Parties tho

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

14-28 points? Good luck with that............

Brady against the blitz will have very little impact on this game. The Eagles rarely blitz, and might be the least blitzing team in the entire NFL................

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post

Brady against the blitz will have very little impact on this game. The Eagles rarely blitz, and might be the least blitzing team in the entire NFL................
    Not sure, but jags was least blitzing team in nfl. They only blitzed once last week.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Same

Giants ravens close

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have a rookie team going to the big dance to play
    a team that is the best Superbowl team in the history of the NFL.......

What could go wrong?
    Points Awarded:

ebelisle22 gave PAULYPOKER 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Chucky if you want out of the game let me know

This site for tough guys that gamble

Thank you Chucky
    OK, clown. You bet just to bet?

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I agree chucky. Let’s meet at sugar house and play some poker. No way this game is remotely competitive
    If you're an Eagles fan...then it would be fun. Fly, eagles, fly.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    The question is will he be able to pass concussion protocol & be able to play? (My guess is yes)
    If he gets cleared, he’ll be 100%. Concussion won’t affect his playing ability one bit.
    That is the most vital piece of information. I believe even if he cannot pass concussion protocol the league will because it will be pressured to put out a good product for the SuperBowl.

Gronk doesn't really need a functioning brain anyways. He dominates with sheer size and physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    Very much agreed.

Nevertheless it won't matter. As I extrapolated, NE offense matches up evenly with PHI defense(with a slight edge to NE). The mismatch is the NE defense against PHI offense because the latter has very questionable consistency issues. I expect Patricia to play it safe and drop a safety deep, in all likelihood they'll intercept a Foles bomb or two. The NE corners will be on alert for out patterns.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Bet 'tails' on coin flip

Always tails

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    My boys at Parx say it's a dump..

True or false?

ChuckyTheGoat

I'll give u one betting angle on this game. Note: I have no dog in the fight.

1) One bit of "evidence" the talking-heads present is Patriot history of CLOSE super-bowl games. Ergo, pts have played in virtually every Brady SB.

2) Eagles have become "live" in most people's minds. 3weeks ago, Foles was a bum. Now, he's a stud.

Think about it. If u like $$, u can't beat the Eagles again at a # that's shortened up. If line dips to -3.5, how can u take Eagles? Pats -pts, or pass.

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    A few things in play:
    1) I can't get excited about the betting angle. Game line is sharp as a tack. Props can't possibly be as beatable as they once were. Been run thru the ringer...most #s are now dead-on.

2) This is going to be the Super Bowl matchup that SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Wentz vs Brady would have been great theatre, a passing of the torch (if u will). Foles vs Brady bores me to no end.
    What, 40 year old Brady vs 40 year old Foles doesn't excite you?

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10838

Always excited about Super Bowl
    No matter what
    2 weeks without football then the game
    You can always find an angle
    If your team isn’t in it then better for you to watch and enjoy

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

If you cannot look forward to watching and/or wagering the superbowl you simply are not a football fan

Dilo
    Big bets win big money

Chucky might be a nba fan, he’s not worried about the last bet of the football season.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2126

ditto that. prayed minnesota would win to at least have a chance with home field, but the way they played the last 6 playoff quarters my goodness they were awful. NE wouldve destroyed them. Kudos to Philly, they deserve to be here. Just dont see it being very competitive I think the waaaay overdue Pats blowing out a team in a super bowl is gonna take place here. Im actually going...first and last one of my life, with my son. Hope I dont freeze to death. Also hope Im wrong as I despise the Pats, along with the entire world outside of Mass.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

patriots by 50

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    Chucky might be a nba fan, he’s not worried about the last bet of the football season.
    Dilo, I'm a sports-fan in general. I like a lot of different sports.

Of course, I enjoy NFL. Just saying that this particularly game isn't appealling to me. Patriot-fatigue setting in, have seen it b4.

As for betting, I don't bet NBA. CollBask, yes. I'm saying that you shouldn't be betting the Super Bowl just b/c it's a "big game."

And I see no betting angle here. Eagles getting too much love. But the # (-4) isn't out of line.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Not that excited for this Superbowl either.. Not my 2 favorite teams.. Thank God for action just put it that way.. GO PATS!!! ....

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by DISTROYA View Post
    ditto that. prayed minnesota would win to at least have a chance with home field, but the way they played the last 6 playoff quarters my goodness they were awful. NE wouldve destroyed them. Kudos to Philly, they deserve to be here. Just dont see it being very competitive I think the waaaay overdue Pats blowing out a team in a super bowl is gonna take place here. Im actually going...first and last one of my life, with my son. Hope I dont freeze to death. Also hope Im wrong as I despise the Pats, along with the entire world outside of Mass.
    You hit on the 2nd betting angle that might be relevant. In the two-week window...the sports-radio talking-heads have to talk about something. The angle ALL of them came up w/ was the history of close Patriot Super Bowls. A lot of 3-pt games...so +4 looks more live here.

If the spread/moneyline was a tad shorter...I'd go w/ Patriots. At -4, I pass.

StatePenn
    StatePenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Philly is electric right now, looking to eclipse the 2008 World Series celebration tonight.

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 264

Just fix up some good food, chucky. That's what I'm looking forward to and some BBQ Chips. Papa Juan's has a special right now 2 Large 1 Topping Pizzas for $7.99 and if your purchase is more than $15 you get a free pizza, (free pizza is available tomorrow) using promo: SUPERBOWL52

Online only offer. Valid only at participating U.S. restaurants. You must have or create an account at Papa Juan's, be a member of the Papa Rewards program, and be signed in to your account when ordering to qualify. Using the Promo Code SUPERBOWL52 automatically enrolls you in Papa Rewards once you have an account. Offer is valid 1/29/18 - 2/18/18 and redemption of free pizza must occur no later than 2/18/18; bonus points expire on 2/19/18. One redemption per online order. Bonus points will be deposited the day after your qualifying order of $15 or more, excluding tip. By participating in the promotion you agree to receive email notifications related to this promo. See Terms & Conditions.

Offer good for a limited time at participating Papa John's restaurants. No double toppings or extra cheese. Certain toppings may be excluded from special offer pizzas or require additional charge. Additional toppings extra. Not valid with any other coupons or discounts. Limited delivery area. Delivery fee may apply. Customer responsible for all applicable taxes. Prices may vary in Alaska and Hawaii. © 2018 Papa John's International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Last edited by Hugh Madbrough; 02-04-18 at 02:01 PM.

12 Last