Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Yep try to capture true American fans that stand for anthem.

Manziel could be fun though
    No Manziel, McMahon said no one with a criminal record.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Back in the 80s and early 90s Vince and Ted Turner were going head to head with wrestling. Vince had the glitz and Ted had the superior product. Vince learned a lot and made his organization even better. Ted sold his. I would be Vince learned a lot in the failure of the XFL the 1st time around. If he can give me some good games with good defense, good offense and people who freaking know what a CATCH is, then I could be a happy fan. Make the tickets prices lower. Get some smaller markets involved. He could have a nice alternative.

Are the games going to be in the fall or spring? I have always thought a spring league would be fun to watch. Start a week or so after the Super Bowl. Stop right before summer.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

It could be interesting to watch this unfold.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    XFL can work if it brings back hard nosed football with no pussification rules like unnecessary roughness, late hits, any contact on the QB, fair catches, targeting rules.

Also cut all penalty calls in half, no cheapy pass interference calls unless its blatant, no illegal contacts/defensive holding unless its obvious

No illegal block in the back/holdings on kick returns

Im so sick of penalties in the NFL they completely ruin the game.

Do all that I would be a fan
    Okay so you live in the past and I guess you have no idea that could never happen. CTD is a real thing, and the league would get sued out of existence within a couple years.

You can look for the on-field physical part of the game to be similar to today's NFL.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Kaepernick? The whole idea for this league is to appeal to the people who hate the kneeling bs. Trump is friends with McMahon. Linda McMahon is on the Trump Administration.

'No kneeling, no criminals': Vince McMahon announces return of XFL for 2020
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 01-26-18 at 08:29 AM.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I just realized this won't happen until 2020! The world may be an entirely different place by then.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Kaepernick? The whole idea for this league is to appeal to the people who hate the kneeling bs. Trump is friends with McMahon. Linda McMahon is on the Trump Administration.

'No kneeling, no criminals': Vince McMahon announces return of XFL for 2020
    i was going to point this out, but was already on stupidity overload yesterday

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Back in the 80s and early 90s Vince and Ted Turner were going head to head with wrestling. Vince had the glitz and Ted had the superior product. Vince learned a lot and made his organization even better. Ted sold his. I would be Vince learned a lot in the failure of the XFL the 1st time around. If he can give me some good games with good defense, good offense and people who freaking know what a CATCH is, then I could be a happy fan. Make the tickets prices lower. Get some smaller markets involved. He could have a nice alternative.

Are the games going to be in the fall or spring? I have always thought a spring league would be fun to watch. Start a week or so after the Super Bowl. Stop right before summer.
    People like you still don't know what a catch is huh?

Dez wasn't a catch, Jessie James wasn't a catch. Period.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post

correct, but fukking stupid

nobody wants to have to hold their breath on what the nfl taught to a particular ref to uphold the stupid rules...one of a handful of stupid shit the nfl could easily correct if not for cuck leadership

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Not a chance lol

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

The 8 cities he picks will go a long way to making this work. The guy ****** up the first time with bullshit antics, and it appears he learned his lesson. 2 hour games is a great idea, though he may have to loosen the criminal record stipulation. He's not challenging NFL or NCAA, the games will be after those seasons end. Lots of people don't like any other sports besides football, so he could have a market.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    The 8 cities he picks will go a long way to making this work. The guy ****** up the first time with bullshit antics, and it appears he learned his lesson. 2 hour games is a great idea, though he may have to loosen the criminal record stipulation. He's not challenging NFL or NCAA, the games will be after those seasons end. Lots of people don't like any other sports besides football, so he could have a market.
    sane sharpness

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Yawn.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Yawn.
    correct

you're a dumb person

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post

Dez was a catch and so was james, if your playing any fkin game besides the fkin nfl those are fkin catches.

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I don't care for the "survive the ground" bs

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

One more thing: NFL's CBA expires in 2020, word is it could get ugly. With another league as a bargaining chip, who knows what some of these players might end up doing if they get locked out or go on strike. Some could jump ship and McMahon would clean up. It's a possibility...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    One more thing: NFL's CBA expires in 2020, word is it could get ugly. With another league as a bargaining chip, who knows what some of these players might end up doing if they get locked out or go on strike. Some could jump ship and McMahon would clean up. It's a possibility...
    lol. No chance in hell.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

According to Frank Cusumano of KDSK-TV in St. Louis, the XFL will be dropping a franchise in the city that the NFL abandoned nearly three years ago.

The St. Louis XFL franchise will play five of its 10 games in the Dome at America’s Center, the label that currently applies to the Edward Jones Dome, where the Rams spent more than two decades.

Per the report, the XFL is expected to announce the eight host cities next week.

One key question will become the existence of overlap between XFL and AAF cities. The AAF will play its inaugural season with teams in Atlanta, Birmingham, Orlando, Memphis, Arizona, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, and San Diego.

The AAF reportedly considered St. Louis, getting close enough to result in talks with former Rams receiver Isaac Bruce about becoming the team’s head coach.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Nfl is fckn garbage and unwatchable- if it’s pure football and not run by a bunch of referee/ attorneys in an undisclosed location at league headquarters and you can actually hit somebody without getting ejected or a flag it’ll work - I’d rather watch “ lesser talent” actually competing and playing real football than a bunch of drama queens seeking a bigger paycheck. Seems like players spend
    More time practicing ridiculous end zone celebrations than tackling blocking and hitting- I’m old school and crave real football in any form- so I welcome the opportunity to have something roger goddell isn’t involved in -

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The wait is almost over! This coming Wednesday, Dec. 5, we unveil our eight cities and the venues we will play in for our inaugural season in 2020.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

A lot of people who quit watching NFL because of the fixed games will turn into watching XFL because Vince McMahon does not like scripted games.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

That ESPN 30 for 30 on the XFL was interesting.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Isn't there another football league starting next year?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Isn't there another football league starting next year?
    https://aaf.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3IPgB...AaAjIyEALw_wcB

Starts the week after the Super Bowl. Football to bet on in the spring.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Betting lines will be so uncontrollable

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

think they’ll let ray rice and hunt play?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    think they’ll let ray rice and hunt play?
    XFL won't. Vince has already made it clear that they are going to be a clean league whether it be kneeling at the anthem to domestic violence.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    XFL won't. Vince has already made it clear that they are going to be a clean league whether it be kneeling at the anthem to domestic violence.
    Good luck fielding a team.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

These are the 8 rumored cities for the league.

Dallas
    Houston
    Los Angeles
    New York
    St. Louis
    Seattle
    Tampa Bay
    Washington, DC

First 123