SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

NFL Teasers

Anyone bet consistently using teasers for NFL or NBA anymore? Any of your outs offer special 3 team ten point teasers in NFL? Curious since they seem to be out of favor these days. People seem to be wagering more parlays . Thoughts?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2384

Hi drew.......well as most of the forum already knows, teasers are my specialty...been playing them for years and with good success...I have many threads validated and verified here on SBR in MLB, NCAAM hoops, NFL, college football...real money wagers and real money tickets...I also do side bets with the point spread...usually I mix it up...sometimes I do a 4TM 13PT, 3TM 10PT, 2TM 6-7PT all depending on which book has the better line and number on the teams that I'm playing...My top two books for teasers are 5 dimes and Heritage......5 dimes is especially good if you like playing dogs in the NFL...each and every week you can find several lines jacked up a 1.5 - 2.5 points from other offshore books and vegas...by doing a 3TM 10PT on these games at (-110) ties lose option, you get some good bang for your buck...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Drew, you're right about the parlay craze.

When it comes to Teasers, some believe they are "sucker bets".

But those who have been around know that's false if you pick your spots.

Now, as for NBA teasers, I've never felt that you get enough points to make them worthwhile.

I do know that for those who do play basketball teasers, you should shop around.

While most books only give you 4, 4.5, and 5pts in standard teasers, Pinnacle, for example, gives you a full 2pts more on the totals.

It's been.a while but I used to know which books offered the most value.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would think you lose less money if you bet 2 teasers a week vs lets say 5-7 games per week by the end of the year

NBA forget it too many blowouts, fun bets lots of games low capital requirements

mlathrop3
    Update your status
    mlathrop3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I agree on the basketball teasers. Better chance for a blowout. I like low variability games for football with home dogs especially. I have Phillly teased to +10.5 with Under 46 this weekend, for example.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I'll always think there a place for 2 team 6 point NFL teasers. I try not to stray into more teams or points as that usually where it goes bad for me, but honestly I had my worst year with that variety in probably ever, never really got them on track until playoffs they been cashing.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12952

I feel like 6 point basic strat teasers were not very good this year. Last year I killed it with them. It also felt like when they hit, you didn't need the points and reduced your value. Next year is the year I take this more seriously. I really need to chart these things.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21989

When they moved the extra pt. back in the NFL the teasers there took a big hit. 3 and 7 used to be the nuts to have, not now. Besides missing 5% of extra pts you have teams going for 2 that would never happen before. Cold weather, winds, etc. Once they go for 2 the good number mean zero, just pot luck from there.

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

13 pt. Teaser-nfl sunday$$$

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

JACKSONVILLE
    JACKSONVILLE-OVER
    MINN
    MINN-OVER

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3212

Drew Martin calm down with this square shit

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25136

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Hi drew.......well as most of the forum already knows, teasers are my specialty...been playing them for years and with good success...I have many threads validated and verified here on SBR in MLB, NCAAM hoops, NFL, college football...real money wagers and real money tickets...I also do side bets with the point spread...usually I mix it up...sometimes I do a 4TM 13PT, 3TM 10PT, 2TM 6-7PT all depending on which book has the better line and number on the teams that I'm playing...My top two books for teasers are 5 dimes and Heritage......5 dimes is especially good if you like playing dogs in the NFL...each and every week you can find several lines jacked up a 1.5 - 2.5 points from other offshore books and vegas...by doing a 3TM 10PT on these games at (-110) ties lose option, you get some good bang for your buck...
    Have either of your main books limited you ever? I would think they would allow you to continue to wager as usual without lowering any betting limits? Also do they allow Open teasers? These used to be popular. Ex. three team 10 pt teaser...you wager first two legs and leave the third open for a game played in the future.

jjgold

Like Brooklyn says teasers have no value anymore

The books play with the line so they can’t get beat

Of course guys are going to have lucky runs but if you don’t like to use a lot of capital they’re not bad plays

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2384

Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    Have either of your main books limited you ever? I would think they would allow you to continue to wager as usual without lowering any betting limits? Also do they allow Open teasers? These used to be popular. Ex. three team 10 pt teaser...you wager first two legs and leave the third open for a game played in the future.
    No I have never been lowered or limited...probably because I usually play anywhere from 1 - 5 units per play and then play heavy as the season winds down towards in the end...of'course I stay within the max limits allowed per wager....and yes, open teasers are allowed...

jjgold

I think books think they have tremendous edge so not ever going to limit anyone and probably encourage teasers