Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Does Jax tank next week?

Jacksonville is basically locked in at No. 3. They can't get 1 or 2 if Pitt wins one more, and they beat KC in the tie-breaker, so KC can't get the 3 seed. If they tank next week, the Titans get the 6 seed and Jax will host them in the wildcard round. Titans have lost 3 straight and the OC is under fire, and the defense has been bad,

If Jax wins, either San Diego or Buffalo will get the 6 seed, much tougher opponents, especially San Diego?

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

agree

and if jax is locked as 3 u could say pitt is locked at 2 and will loser to texans

Seattle Slew

Pitt still needs one win to secure the 2 seed. If they somehow lose to Houston, they would need to beat the Browns at home. No way Pitt loses their last 2, so Jax really has nothing to play for against Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    agree

and if jax is locked as 3 u could say pitt is locked at 2 and will loser to texans

Seattle Slew

Anyone else taking Tennessee in this one? Line is only -1.5. Why? Jax has nothing to play for? I don't trust the Titans in this spot, but think they are the right play. The OC is likely fired after the season, and Mularkey will be gone if he loses this game.

Jax locked in a No. 3 and why would they want to play San Diego or Buffalo next week instead of a rematch with Tenn. at home? Now if Baltimore loses to Cinici, that would open things up for different 5 or 6 seeds.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Yes yes I agree

titans the play here

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

The fact that people wager money on games without having a full understanding of the repercussions truly baffles me.

If the Titans win, they are not automatically the 6th seed. If the Titans wins and the Ravens lose, the Titans are the 5th seed. That completely destroys your entire premise. So maybe time to go back to the drawing board there.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Jaguars def Titans and Chargers win plus Ravens win, then Jaguars would host Chargers.
    Points Awarded:

johnnyvegas13 gave Unwritten Law 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seattle Slew

I said if the Ravens lose, the seeds are altered. But Ravens unlikely to lose to Cinci at home, so if Tenn. wins they are the 6. Regardless, basing the play on Tenn. at home, not playing too bad lately despite the 3 straight losses. They played OK at SF, and played well last week in loss to the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    The fact that people wager money on games without having a full understanding of the repercussions truly baffles me.

If the Titans win, they are not automatically the 6th seed. If the Titans wins and the Ravens lose, the Titans are the 5th seed. That completely destroys your entire premise. So maybe time to go back to the drawing board there.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

jags losing keeps them from playing chargers no matter what. but i think jags dont careabout winning because of player health (imagine henne in playoffs) and fact that they have nothing to gain from a win except possible player attrition. only thing i can think of which may be big is satisfaction of keeping division rival out of playoffs. teams have won games with lesser motivation than that.

Seattle Slew

No doubt, I don't trust the Titans or their coaches. Line holding at -2. Seems too easy. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian891 View Post
    jags losing keeps them from playing chargers no matter what. but i think jags dont careabout winning because of player health (imagine henne in playoffs) and fact that they have nothing to gain from a win except possible player attrition. only thing i can think of which may be big is satisfaction of keeping division rival out of playoffs. teams have won games with lesser motivation than that.

Seattle Slew

Wow, Tenn about to blow this game. What a turnover there.

Seattle Slew

Got it but a struggle.